Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

San Diego Home Crawl, March 3

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies

Looks like there is enough interest in a second van if someone wants to rent one. We can pass along the names of the folks who want rides!
marion-n-brad

[ Edited by: marion-n-brad 2012-02-06 07:23 ]

I'm pleased to announce a bonus "home" just added to the crawl: SailorJenny's vintage tiki trailer. She'll have it parked at Harry and Andrea's house, making that a two-for-one stop. Thanks, SailorJenny!

And a reminder that addresses will not be made public--they'll be sent the week before the crawl only to people who have RSVPed "yes" to the Evite. If you plan to attend the crawl but haven't sent me your email address yet, please remember to PM that to me so I can add you to the Evite. Only one month to go!

If another van is needed, I would be delighted to be a driver. Please consider it.
This just in:....I've been offered to ride with a friend.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2012-02-04 12:44 ]

Me and Miss Hell would be interested in a van seat each, let us know if you get a second van.

MH

I apologize if this has already been announced, but out of curiosity, will those participating get either addresses or a map along with a set timeline? I know there was a timeline already posted, but it would be nice to have that information on one form for easy access. I'd be happy to make one, if you need me to. Just need the information. :)

H

On 2012-02-04 05:46, SoCalTikiGal wrote:
I'm pleased to announce a bonus "home" just added to the crawl: SailorJenny's vintage tiki trailer. She'll have it parked at Harry and Andrea's house, making that a two-for-one stop. Thanks, SailorJenny!

Yay Sailor Jenny!
Since we have only a small house, we also have a small bar, but we will make it up with mighty rum drinks!
Thanks Mad Dog Mike for posting pictures, we'd like to add our humble bar to those as well.
Hope to see you all soon at Harry & Andrea's!

We'd definitely be interested to hop on the bus after our stop (first stops may be difficult for us), so if there is more interest and you guys charter a larger bus, please count us in!!

[ Edited by: Hairball 2012-02-05 22:39 ]

MR

Wow. This is shaping up to be a pretty good group of peeps! Looking forward to meeting all the new folks and catching up with the old friends.

On 2012-02-05 12:32, Miss Hell wrote:
I apologize if this has already been announced, but out of curiosity, will those participating get either addresses or a map along with a set timeline? I know there was a timeline already posted, but it would be nice to have that information on one form for easy access. I'd be happy to make one, if you need me to. Just need the information. :)

Addresses will not be made public--they'll be sent the week before the crawl to people who have RSVPed "yes" to the Evite.

If you plan to attend the crawl but haven't sent me your email address yet, please remember to PM that to me so I can add you to the Evite.

Roxanne and I have been working on the Tiki Room the past three weekends.

Looking forward to filling our house with Tiki Fans.

MR

I haven't touched my place in months. Derek, you're killin me here.

RR

I will make it a 3 day weekend
If anyone wants to do a cocktail crawl Friday Let me know I've been to the Noble Experiment, but none of the other new
places in San Diego

Any recommendations ? Also any good brunch places on Sunday ?

On 2012-02-07 16:59, Rum Runner wrote:
If anyone wants to do a cocktail crawl Friday Let me know I've been to the Noble Experiment, but none of the other new
places in San Diego

Rum Runner - You can always hit Don's on your way home :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42065&forum=17&58

Hey all,

Due to the unexpectedly high number of people interested in the crawl, I'm closing RSVPs for this. I'm thrilled that so many folks want to join in, and it would be awesome if we could accommodate more, but we're starting to have concerns about space and safety--we are invading people's homes, after all. Thanks for your understanding.

Mahalo,
April

Well, crud. We were really looking forward to attending. I had only held off a bit longer on RSVP-ing until I could guarantee the number of attendees as I didn't want to give an inaccurate count. Very dissapointed.

On 2012-02-07 21:18, bamalamalu wrote:
Well, crud. We were really looking forward to attending. I had only held off a bit longer on RSVP-ing until I could guarantee the number of attendees as I didn't want to give an inaccurate count. Very dissapointed.

I truly am sorry to disappoint anybody. I know I'm going to take a lot of flak for doing this, but the fact is it has gotten bigger than anticipated and we're trying to rein it in before it gets too crazy. Thanks again for understanding.

Z
zond2 posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2012 4:38 AM

On the positive note there is evidently a reasonable demand for additional Tiki events.
on an observational note,I help run SFF conventions and the "last minute" membership purchase/request has become a significant factor in registration and has played hobb with/saved the bacon of more than 1 con.

MH

On 2012-02-07 16:59, Rum Runner wrote:
places in San Diego

A great place for brunch is Baja Betty's in Hillcrest. It can be a little spendy, but the bottomless Mimosas are well worth it.

Also, I don't know if anyone is interested, but the Swank Bastards are playing at The Kensington Club the night before. Derek (Mitchell) and myself will be there for sure. And we'd love to anyone up for join us.

M
Murph posted on Wed, Feb 8, 2012 1:25 PM

Damn, my procrastination has foiled me again!

We finally got the van schedule figured out. Sorry we couldn't accomodate everyone with more stops, etc. but we have to pick up the van at 930am, get our house ready to host, and be on the way to Vista by 1115am, so here are the pick up places. Please PM me and let me know which stop you plan to be at so we don't leave anyone behind.

11:00 Matt Reese's Lava Flow Inn. (for those who want to leave your car at the last stop)
11:05 Super 8 motel. (6952 University Ave. for out of towners staying there)
11:15 the front of the Fashion Valley Mall trolley station (transit stop off Fashion Valley Rd at the mall)

This will give us enough time to drive the 45 minutes up to Vista to hit Monkeyman's South Pacific Room. It you are down in SD and wondering if you should make the drive up there you should! Its a long drive and an early start to a long day, but its totally worth it, the South Pacific Room is very cool.

See you all soon!
~Marion and Brad

Im looking forward to this. Monkeypods will be served.

Fingers crossed for dry warm weather. In March you never know.

S

sounds like it will be a lot-o-fun!

I haven't had a monkeypod in ages!

I haven't had a monkeypod in ages!

1 week from today!!! Hosting a crawl like this could be a bit expensive, I assume each stop will have a way for each of us to contribute some cash?

Monkeypods @ Monkeymans...I am going to be in heaven. Really looking forward to meeting folks and seeing an awesome lounge.

WooHooo Only 3 More Days! What a Weekend We All have a head of us.... First The SD Crawl and then The International Tiki Market Place on Sunday :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42065&forum=17&103

M

We stocked up on all the supplies last night....

Dark Rum- check
Light Rum- check
40 cans of Tamarind juice- check
Coconut Syrup- Check
Crap load of limes- Check
Cups- check
Straws- check

Not to cast a shadow over the event or anything but I was laid off from my regular job of 20 years today. Financially speaking, we may need to treat my place like a community effort. I am still stoked to have everyone coming over. Just might have to reduce the food to quesadillas or something.

On 2012-03-01 12:57, Matt Reese wrote:
Not to cast a shadow over the event or anything but I was laid off from my regular job of 20 years today. Financially speaking, we may need to treat my place like a community effort. I am still stoked to have everyone coming over. Just might have to reduce the food to quesadillas or something.

Matt, I'm so sorry to hear this--this is terrible news. Thanks for still being willing to host us all, and I'll bring along whatever I can to contribute.

M

So sorry Matt. Sometimes these things turn out to blessings in disguise. We can celebrate a new chapter in your life!
Best Wishes!

The Brothers will take care of you Matt.

MR

Thanks gang. The glass is half full. Or in Buddhism, there is no glass. Major life change happening here.

Hi Matt,
Very sorry to hear of your sudden unemployment. I went through a similar, no-warning job loss in 2006 and it was a while before I was blessed with the job I now have. You're right that the glass is still half full. This is just one of those seasons in life we all have to go through. I don't know what your chosen field is, but if you keep an open mind you might be surprised what opportunities can pop up...

Blessings to you, braddah.

Hey cats and kittens,
Saturday is looking like it's going to be a beautifully warm day! However, our party will be outdoors from 5-6 PM, right when it begins to get nippy so please remember to pack a sweater! Anybody who asks to borrow one will be forced to wear something from our collection of ugly Christmas sweater vests.

-Marion

KT

If your looking for something to do the night before the TIKI CRAWL come on down to the Ken Club (4079 Adams ave. 619 284-2848)

FRIDAY MARCH 2nd

THEE SWANK BASTARDS (LAS VEGAS) & (TIKI OASIS ROOM PARTIES)
THE WOOLY MAMMOTH
MOTHERS WORRY

STARTS AT 9:30

[ Edited by: ken tiki 2012-03-02 10:31 ]

[ Edited by: ken tiki 2012-03-02 10:32 ]

On 2012-03-01 21:51, marion-n-brad wrote:
will be forced to wear something from our collection of ugly Christmas sweater vests.

-Marion

Like that's a threat??

See all you nutters tomorrow!

Z
zond2 posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2012 8:42 PM

Earlier this week one of my patients introduced me to a virus my immune system has never had the pleasure of meeting before and I, of course, introduced it to my wife. Having made enough introductions on it's behalf my wife and I will have to miss out on all the festivities.
Somebody take pictures!

MH

Today is the day! I can't wait to meet all of you and see your gorgeous homes.

A

On 2012-03-03 09:23, Miss Hell wrote:
Today is the day! I can't wait to meet all of you and see your gorgeous homes.

Too bad the weather isn't nice :wink:

Woohoo! Heading Southbound....See you all soon :)

I am really sorry to hear the news Matt ... I'll be sending you Spermy Good Vibes your way !!! Sorry I wont be there. Love you Buddy !!

You guys have a good time without me :sigh: I'm workin'

Had a wonderful time Derek...your home is awesome and your bar is gorgeous. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality. great to see a good show from NorCal. Glad to represent for Sac with my Mom...she had fun meeting folks. Nice job SoCalTiki...we are ready to come back next year. Good to see everyone.

Derek if you have extra VampTiki cocktail glasses please pass them on to other SoCal Ohana and be sure Mad Dog Mike gets one. thanks so much for letting me pass those on. Shout out to all the new Tiki peeps we met...see you at Oasis.

Too funny...Mom & I are heading up Scripps Ranch Road on the way back to Lakeside...we see a young guy in a car and he has "Honk If Your Horney" scrawled on his back window...I'm honking wildly and my Mom is waving...he drove like a bat out of hell to get away from us...what's up with that...LOL

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2012-03-03 16:00 ]

Sorry to hear that brutha,
I just got the news that May 1st will be my last day.
after 6 years.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

MH

On 2012-03-03 13:52, VampiressRN wrote:
Too funny...Mom & I are heading up Scripps Ranch Road on the way back to Lakeside...we see a young guy in a car and he has "Honk If Your Horney" scrawled on his back window...I'm honking wildly and my Mom is waving...he drove like a bat out of hell to get away from us...what's up with that...LOL

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2012-03-03 16:00 ]

OMG!! That is so funny. Derek Mitchell and I are cracking up reading this. Hahahahahahahahahaaa...This is totally something we would do.

1st Stop...The South Pacific Room

Thanks for the pics Karen, keep 'em coming

Brilliant photos' The bar looks amazing. Very sweet car too.

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies