Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki punch for a group?

Pages: 1 2 replies

I'm hosting a show at my house and usually make Sangria, but DAMN, all that fruit cutting makes me tired. I want a simple 4-5 ingredient sweet, strong punch. Preferably something I can float some pineapple juice ice cubes in. I've actually searched the archives here, and the web, but am coming up kind of blank. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative or skilled with mixing drinks, so I need it all spelled out for me. Prefer something that can "feed" at least 10 people per batch.

THANKS!

I've never made this but here's Trader Vic's Scorpion ("A drink that does not shilly-shally or mess around in getting you underway"). It's pretty simple, and you can tell your guests that it's an original Trader Vic's recipe from 1946 and they'll either say "Man, this chick's the most!" Or "Got any beer?"

1 1/2 bottles Puerta Rican rum
2 oz gin
2 oz brandy
16 oz lemon juice
8 oz orange juice
8 oz orgeat
2 sprigs mint
1/2 bottle white wine

"Mix thouroghly, pour over cracked ice, let stand two hours and add more ice. Serves about 12 people." (But by doubling it you won't have a 1/2 bottle of rum and a 1/2 bottle of wine just sitting around gathering flies.)

I don't really get the letting it stand part...Maybe it was thought too strong to drink undiluted, or maybe it's to make people drink it faster.

Here is a punch I found on All Recipes that sounds good. It says to cut up fruit, but I'm guessing it would be just as good without it as they seem to use the fruit for decoration more than flavor.

http://beverage.allrecipes.com/AZ/VryFrityRmPnch.asp

Pages: 1 2 replies