Itinerary
:sheckymug:**If you drop your car at my place in Vista then its
15 miles to stop 1

:tiki: 1st Stop- Jason Lees- "Hidden Valley Hideout"Escondido
*27 miles to stop 2
:tiki: 2nd Stop- Skootiki's "Sweet 808"- Fallbrook
*14 miles to stop 3
:tiki: 3rd/final Stop- Monkeyman's "South Pacific Room"- Vista

Hidden Valley Hideout (Teaser pic- actual Tiki Room is inside)

Link To:Sweet 808

Link To:South Pacific Room

A full sized schoolbus will the the crawl vehicle and EVERYONE should be able to fit.
Dont Drink and Drive. Cost is $13 bucks per person.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-28 11:43 ]

S

Great idea Derek! Mary and I would love to host (if Fallbrook isn't too far). I'm working on our TiKi bar this summer....so it would be a good motivator for me to have a deadline.

My Wife and I are ready to Host too (Escondido)

We've been wanting to do the San Diego one but We seem to be "Too Far Away" for people to stop by first.

Scootiki and I keep in Good touch so I think this can REALLY work.

Lets take a vote on who here would also like to Attend ? so we know we have the right amount of people.

We Love North County and would like to bring the Vibe up here.

Lets do this

A dedicated North County crawl is a great idea. Logistically it is difficult to include the North County places with all the other stops in San Diego proper--which is a shame because we want to see all your awesome bars, too! Also, two crawls=twice the fun, right?

(It may be a good idea to double-check that the date you decide on isn't the same as Tikitastic's South Bay crawl in the Bay Area; I think it's supposed to be the last weekend of September or the first of October. Not sure how many So Cal folks will be attending that, but it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure it's a different weekend.)

I would definitely like to crawl, and would be happy to assist with planning, if there's anything I can do to help out in any way.

Im thinking Saturday September 15th.

MH

Derek Mitchell and I will be there. We were at the last San Diego crawl and we'll defintiely be at this one. Your house was amazing, Monkeyman. Let us know when we can begin to sign up. And is there going to be a bus again? If so, sign us up for that also.

Derek, everytime there's an event at your place some minor crisis happens at work and I can't make it. Hopefully this time will be different!

Marion and Brad would be totally down to drink some MonkeyPods! And maybe even stop by Jason's house, only if he has the BBQ smoker fired up!!!

Everyone ! I WILL be smoking BBQ throughout the night so its
hot n ready when you all get there.

Remember, Our house will probably be the first stop on the North County crawl so i figure we will fill you up for a long night of Drinking.

Jason Lee

Definitely out from behind the Orange curtain for this one. Please count me and a + 1 in.

Woohoo! Sounds like fun. Please add Soccertiki and I to the list. If there's anything you need us to do to help out just let us know.

HT

Please add HB Tiki and wife to the crawl. Thank you

This is startin' to come together !

Lets do this...

If you want to RSVP for the crawl please PM me and give me your EMAIL ADDRESS and I will put together an Evite that will track attendees.

I think that we will cap this crawl at approximately 50 people (similar to the SD Crawl) because it gives the host a way to determine the max number of guests they need to accomodate in their home and it alleviates any concern about having their home over run with a massive crowd.

Entertainment announcements and special details are forthcoming...

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-07-12 14:54 ]

hey! i'd love to join the crawl and...if there is a bus/van ect....id b more than happy to chip in :o)

Please PM Whoseyrtiki for a spot on the bus. All reservations on the bus need to be prepaid. Its CHEAP and smart.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-21 14:29 ]

That RAD bus would fit down Michele and I's street

FYI as just a reminder to attendees.

Our house will be the first stop which will primarily be food based. REALLY good food based. I will be Smoking two pork shoulders throughout the night into the day. My wife will be making killer sides and smoking some Hawaiian treats too.

We will supply a decent amount of drinks but our primary concern at our stop will be food to fill you guys up for a crazy afternoon and evening of Drinking.

My key point here is dont be stupid and eat some big breakfast the morning of.

I will have my butcher get me the appropriate pounds according to our head count so we will be covered.

We might dutch oven some Pineapple cobbler too. Think Southern BBQ meets Tiki.

Thanks

JL

Im not gonna be stupid, I'm not eating for 2 days before we hit your house Jason!

Brad, your a smart man. I like that

I'm so glad this is in Mid Sept.
there is way too much going on in July and Aug.
I am gonna try to make this one.

or at least Jason's BBQ,
Oh Hellz Yeah!!!

Jeff(btd)

Who else we got commin ?

T

Do you have room for 2 more? My wife & I would like to join in.

Smoked pork and pineapple cobbler, I like the way you think Jason!

Mad Dog !

I just smoked a 12 hour shoulder yesterday. It pretty much made everyone look a little retarted.

Jason,

just e-mailed ya.

yer killing me with the BBQ talk

Jeff(btd)

Derek, Just PM'd you regarding transportation.

Hey Brian,

Run with it.... its all good.

Get commitments from your riders in advance and collect payment from them in advance as much as you are able. That way it minimizes any risk that you will be left holding the bill.

Derek

Alright, good show. We missed your place on the last tour. I just PMed you an RSVP. Elena and I will be there!

Mahalo Monkeyman,
John "Tiki Slinger"

M

If you are going to be crawling from out of the area and would like to stay the night here are several lodging options available in the area.

:sheckymug:Nicest Nearby Hotel (3.6miles away)
Best Rate $107

Hyatt Place
2645 South Melrose Drive
Vista, CA 92081
(760) 814-8879
Hyatt Place Website
This place is really nice and is brand new. Close to the local breweries.

:sheckymug:Closest Marriott (2.5 miles away)
Best Rate $119

Marriott Towne Place
2201 South Melrose Drive
Vista, CA 92081
(760) 216-6010
Marriott Towne Place Website
This Marriott is also reasonably new.

:sheckymug:Closest to Freeway/Most Convenient (2.2 miles away)
Best Rate $79

Vista Inn
745 W Vista Way
Vista, CA 92083
(760) 631-0888
Vista Inn Website
This place is a dive but is great for the budget minded traveler.

:sheckymug:Also close to Freeway (2.9 miles away)
Best Rate $52

La Quinta Inn
630 Sycamore Avenue
Vista, CA 92083
(760) 727-8180
La Quinta Inn Website
The price says it all. But a bed is a bed.

M

Your liver may be punished enough after the Crawl but...

For those of you who decide to spend the night and stay in the area you may be interested to know that North County San Diego is a MECCA for Craft Breweries.

Many of these breweries are less that 4 miles from our house and if you stay in the Park Hyatt some are less than 1 mile away. Great Beers fresh from the tap. Lots of specialty brews that never get bottled or distributed.

These are not brewpubs or restaurants... just glorious production warehouses with a tasting room inside. Its a great experience.

Iron Fist Brewing Company
1305 Hot Spring Way, Vista, CA
IronFistBrewing.com

Aztec Brewing Company
2330 La Mirada Drive #300, Vista, CA
AztecBrewery.com

Latitude 33 Brewing Company
1430 Vantage Court #104, Vista, CA
Lat33brew.com

Mother Earth Brew Co
2055 Thibodo Rd Ste H, Vista,CA
MotherEarthBrewco.com

Stumblefoot Brewing Co
1784 La Costa Meadows Drive
San Marcos, CA 92078
stumblefoot.com

Port Brewing / The Lost Abbey
155 Mata Way #104, San Marcos, CA
LostAbbey.com

Enjoy.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-02 17:09 ]

Tiki Oasis veteran? Newbie? Or just plain couldn't make it this year?

WARNING! Post Oasis depression may not yet be in the DSM IV, but it's REAL and sure to make it into the next revision. Turn that frown upside down and join your fellow tikiphiles and fun loving peeps, in the back of the bus, on the North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl, Sept 15th.

For everyone's convenience, safety, and FUN, I've chartered a school bus to chauffeur us on this jaunt through North County's finest home tiki bars. Our 5 hour tour will be departing 11:30 am from Monkeyman's South Pacific Room and returning approximately 4:30 when and where you're invited to stay and enjoy until ready to leave (or Monkeyman kicks us out). Bus passes are a lucky $13 per person, and a heck of a lot cheaper and more fun then a DUI. Libations are allowed on the bus and the company has graciously offered us a "cooler on board" at our disposal.

PM for directions and to reserve your spot! Seating is limited and once post Oasis depression sets in we're sure to fill quickly.

Mahalo

[ Edited by: whoseyrtiki 2012-08-17 05:59 ]

[ Edited by: whoseyrtiki 2012-08-20 09:04 ]

Love this idea - hoping we can join the fun (prior commitment the evening of the 15th but might be able to work something out!) *Great chatting w/ you last night, Roxanne!

DJ Just added !!!!

Jeff (Bigtikidude) will be DJ'ing at the South Pacific Room and taking good care of us with his awesome mix of eclectic tunes.

Thanks Jeff.

Thanks Jeff !

Ok folks... the RSVP list currently sits at 35 people and we are placing a cap of 50 people on the crawl.

Get your spot on the bus before they are all gone.

PM Whoseyrtiki for instructions on the bus ride.

PM Monkeyman to be place on the Evite and receive directions/instructions/updates etc.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-08-23 14:16 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.