Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

North County San Diego Home Bar Crawl September 15th, 2012

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies

Just made reservations for the Hyatt Saturday night. Was wondering if anyone else from out of town will be staying there as well?

I am working on securing a discounted rate at the Hyatt. I will post it here as soon as I get the price.

Bus passes and event RSVP's are being handled separately. Please do not purchase bus pass until after you have confirmed RSVP for this event with Monkeyman. If you have already purchased a bus pass from me and not yet confirmed with Monkeyman please contact him ASAP! Event is at capacity. :o

My apologies for any confusion.

Woohoo! Bus passes are purchased!

It's now one week away. Derek and I are looking forward to be hosting again at the South Pacific Room and seeing new and familiar faces. See you soon :drink: :)

Roxanne

On 2012-09-08 08:44, goddess-sunb wrote:
It's now one week away. Derek and I are looking forward to be hosting again at the South Pacific Room and seeing new and familiar faces. See you soon :drink: :)

Roxanne

WooHoooooo! We Can't Wait :)

S

Mary and I are looking forward to hosting on Saturday. We will be serving some refreshing rum drinks and some tasty pupus in the newly re-decorated "sweet 808" and adjoining Ohana lounge......and also,out by the pool.

this guy will welcome you poolside

SWEET !! (808)

Is it Saturday yet???

On 2012-09-10 11:06, SoccerTiki wrote:
Is it Saturday yet???

Right?! :P

Excited to have everyone over at The Hidden Valley Hideout! Putting finishing touches in our tiki room and patio tonight and I must say it's looking pretty awesome!

Once you've had Jason Lee's smoked meat it can't be beat! Remember come hungry or the menehune will bite your ankles. :wink:

See you all Saturday!

xo Michele

Final preparations underway.

We have a fun afternoon and evening planned for all attending.

Bring your bathing suits.... its going to be HOT.

Special advanced thanks to:

Kick the Reverb who will grace our guests with cold Reverb Crashes as guest bartender.

Big Tiki Dude spinning records by the pool

Weve got two horseshoe pits ready to throw, a late night mini golf contest (for prizes) and if you can stomach it... Karaoke at the end of the night.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-09-12 16:33 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-09-12 18:12 ]

T

And a special advanced thanks to Derek and Roxanne, Jason and Michelle, and Scott and Mary for all the hard work all of you have done behind the scenes and opening up your homes to all the attendees.

Derek, as discussed, we will be taking key lime cakes, limes and some type of pupus to your home.

Jason, looks like a case of ice cold Long Board beer will go good with your delicious BBQ pork. Anything else?

Scott, besides limes, what can we bring?

As everyone else going to this crawl, we are so looking forward to it. Two days and a wake up.

weve decided on forget real clothing all together since its gonna b a hot one and wear swimsuits! we cant wait til tomorrow!!! :)

[ Edited by: TiKi TiFfY 2012-09-13 18:15 ]

[ Edited by: tiki tiffy 2012-09-14 14:58 ]

TF. Since you are the holder of the Tiki flame in your household
you must be strong, Yet be kind and advise him that there is a difference between Hawaiiana & Tiki

Maybe find him a nice vintage Aloha shirt (which is Tiki)
and watch him get into collecting a bunch of Aloha shirts.

love u atp! btw...totally enjoying the chair!!! :o)

S

when you see this guy, you're at the right place for stop #2
we have a driveway that's a little steep, so it's best to park on the street.

TiKiVato...It's not necessary to bring anything but if you want to..... maybe some beers of your choice or whatever else you can think of. Thanks for the offer.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Wishing you all a wonderful crawl...will be looking forward to pictures.

Who attacked that Tiki with a mailbox?

S

It seems that no TiKi is safe anymore!

Woohoo! One more day......:)

Can't wait for this road trip. Today's the day to marinate the meatballs in rum and my BBQ sauce, bake two key lime cakes and ice down the beer.

W

Looking forward to it! Any word on the bus' air conditioning capabilities?

On 2012-09-14 14:09, Wedgie wrote:
Looking forward to it! Any word on the bus' air conditioning capabilities?

It's a school bus!

Still seats available. If you'd like to let someone else do the driving and keep the party going between stops bring $13 cash. Can't promise I'll have change. Ice chest on board to transport anything you'd like to bring and plenty of good times for all! :D

i say 4get ur hot tiki clothes and mk bikinis and swim trunks mandatory!!! hehehe gonna b a scorcher!!! :o) bringing our tiki o squirt guns!!!

We will be ready for all of you. So glad people are excited about it.
Yes .... its going to be HOT.. Almost like Palm Springs

I would sacrifice fashion for function and just be comfortable and have fun.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2012-09-14 17:25 ]

On 2012-09-14 17:04, TiKi TiFfY wrote:
i say 4get ur hot tiki clothes and mk bikinis and swim trunks mandatory!!! hehehe gonna b a scorcher!!! :o) bringing our tiki o squirt guns!!!

Does that mean you will be rocking the grass skirt and coconuts combo? :P

S

If you feel the need to cool off at stop #2....our pool will be open. Bring your swimsuits and trunks if you like.
See ya tomorrow.

Hehehe.....I think even my coconuts might b tooooo hot(weather wise)!!! It's 11pm and I've decided 2 experiment making pineapple and coconut rum jello shots in scooped out tangerines.....and maybe cheesecake brownies if they aren't successful.....the shots I figure r dessert and cocktail all in one!!! Just hope my tall tiki boy man wakes me in the am......too excited 2sleep :o)

[ Edited by: TiKi TiFfY 2012-09-14 23:06 ]

Woohoo....We are ready to crawl!

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Drinking on a school bus; somehow that just seems inherently wrong :lol:

Have a great time!

Can someone msg me with Monkeyman's address, so we can make in time for the bus. Thanks!

MH

I just wanted to say a HUGE MAHALO to Monkeyman & his wife, Roxanne, Scootiki & his wife, Mary and Jason Lee & his wife, Michele for opening their homes and pools (since it was almost 100 degrees here) to all of us. And for feeding us some delicious food & drinks. I enjoyed the south county crawl as much as I did this one, but this time around it was a little more intimate and Derek and I were able to really meet and get to know everyone. It was such a great time, despite the crazy bus ride we all had to endure. But the biggest surprise was Creepxotica playing an impromtu show in Monkeyman's backyard. That, my friends, was the icing on the cake for the day. Thank you all again, our hosts, our new friends, and everyone else who made yesterday a really great day. Photos coming soon.

S

Please post pics!!!!

W

Great fun making lots of new friends yesterday. Many thanks to our gracious hosts and a special shout-out to our bus driver, Captain Ron (Rob). It wasn't just a bus tour, it was an adventure! Here's a few pics to get the ball rolling.

Heading uphill on 15 south. We think we can we think we can...

Carl, Joni and Elena enjoying culinary delights seated at Jason and Michelle's very cool dinette.

One upward angle of their awesome tiki room.

Next stop Scootiki's place, where one man's attic is another man's ultra-sweet tiki bar. I continue to marvel at how many talented people are involved in Tiki!

Last stop Monkeyman's, which was utterly breathtaking.

Can't wait for the next one!

WoooHooooo! What an Adventure.... Mahalo! Mahalo to Monkeyman & Goddess-SB for all they did to make The SD North County Crawl Happen and a Giant Mahalo to Jason Lee & Michele Del Rey and Skootiki for Opening their Tiki Bars to all of us.
Our bus ride was quite the adventure.....Captain Rod took a long detour to get get us to our 1st stop and then the bus overheated on the freeway. We were stuck in the emergency lane for 30 minutes in 103 degree weather....But Tiki Vato & Numi Numi saved the day by providing us all with Lapu Lapu's and Tiki Tiffy served us Coconut Pineapple Jello Shots too :) We were all Very Happy Campers :)

Glad to see you guys survived the heat.

Thank you everyone for coming to the South Pacific Room. We enjoyed hosting. A special thanks for Creepxotica for playing. It was so unexpected and cant thank you guys enough. Ran thank you for bartending - your drinks were great!! Jeff thanks for DJ'ing - good music!! Brian thank you for all your help on getting the bus together. For all the people that brought goodies - thank you. Pretty much - Thank YOU ALL. It was a FUN day/evening

Roxanne

Congratulations on what looks like a very successful crawl. The pictures are great, all the places look so awesome. Jello shots on a school bus...why did we never have those as kids...LOL.

MM

Big fun on the big yellow bus yesterday! And a great big thank you to all who hosted, I know a lot of work went into providing for all of us.

Jason Lee smokes a great pig

S

Mary and I had a great time opening our home to this event. It was a lot of fun and we hope that all of the other Crawlers had a good time too.

HT

Thank you North County San Diego-Tiki Crawl 2012. It was one of the best Crawls ever, Derek & Roxanne, Jason & Michelle, and Scott & Mary you all went out of your way to create and event that was perfect .
All I can say is Thank You All and please sign me up for next year.

What a weekend...WOW
And in nearly record breaking temperatures to boot.

Roxanne and I would like say THANK YOU So much to everyone who participated in this first time event.

Big Thanks to:

• Jason and Michelle and the Hidden Valley Hideout. You have officially been "porked" in Escondido. I know you both put a lot of effort into your preparations and kept it all on hold as we figured out our transportation issues.

• Scott(Skootiki) and Mary for the Sweet 808. Your tiki room turned out great and I heard that your pool was a mid day lifesaver for our intrepid and adventurous group. Shweaty Balls.

• Brian (WhoseyrTiki) for your tireless efforts in putting together our transportation. It was really nice that everyone could participate together on the voyage. If we had known it was going to over 100 degrees that day we would have not chosen a schoolbus.... but who could have known. Its a memory for sure.

• Ran (Kick the Reverb) for being guest bartender and bringing drink supplies at your own expense. You are a gentlemen and provide a great experience every time. The Reverb Crash was delicious as always.

• Jeff (Big Tiki Dude) for keeping the party going from 3pm till it all closed down for the night. You created a great vibe with your musical stylings and always keep an eye on the crowd. Nicely done.

• CREEPXOTICA !!! You guys were the total Icing on the cake. To get a text message from Sleestak (Dave) at 2pm telling me that they were going to stop by on the way home from an all day recording session.... and play the party. IT WAS AMAZING. Sounded so good that we had cheering from the neighbors wanting more.

• Roxanne. My partner in all this crazyness. She embraces my wacky ideas and then gives 200% every time. She did all of the menu planning and food prep. Hours and hours of cooking that day and still managed to enjoy the party. You are awesome.

To all our guests, new friends and old, we hope to see you soon.

Derek

Thanks to Derek for having me DJ,
its kinda funny how every time I have a DJ gig for a tiki event, its 100 or hotter.
But with the help from Him and Roxanne and his pool.
I survived and made it thru the day.
Once the sun went down it was perfect.

Thanks to Jason for letting me swing by for a little Pre Party BBQ
as I had not had breakfast let alone lunch.
That was Fine Swine dining at its best.
Awesome!! I want more.

Sorry to have missed Skootiki's place.
But not sorry that I missed the bus ride.
:wink:

You all are troopers
and looked like beat dogs when you got to Monkeyman's place.

Tons o fun fo sho.
lets do it again,
just not in the 100 degree heat.
:o

Jeff(btd)

Thought I add a few more pics for the road!

Jello shot anyone?

Jason's organ. Oh the innuendo!

Fruit kabob's and iced drink were most refreshing after our bus ride in.

Serving of the beautiful Michelle with Grave-E

My personal fav pic of the day... This is what happens when Jason leaves for work!

Skootiki's was all mullet... business up front, fun in the back!

Taking the kids table to a whole new level!

At the South Pacific Room

Got Ku?

Creepxotica bringing it home! Can't say enough good things about these guys!

To the hosts, crawlers, and ohana... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It was a great event :D

MM

I just want to thank everyone who hosted and help organize the great home bar crawl and post a few more photos.

MM

One more photo of our bus driver.

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies