Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Coming this fall:

Pages: 1 34 replies

Now this looks cool,Sven...

F
Fugu posted on Fri, Jun 29, 2012 5:03 AM

What a winning combination! I loved his Havana before Casto book, and of course your tiki books are beyond comapre. I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Looks like another awesome coffee table book...can't wait!!!

Sven we are so lucky to have you writing for us. We love all of your books. This just made our day happier. Cheers, Wendy and Dan

H

I love Peter Moruzzi's books, I think I have all of them. Im looking forward to this one specially since Sven is the photographer..

JB

Very nice!

I'm really looking forward to this. :D

Will there be a release event? Cocktails at the Dal Rae?

J

Love it !! :) But which L.A. restaurants were selected ?? I must know now !!

Looks good. I just pre-ordered one!

T

Looks like a great read and general browser - I'll be sure to purchase a copy for my library.

Can't wait, but I'm going to wait anyway, to see if I can get a signed copy straight from the photographer.

Hey all right! This looks great - preorder placed.

W

YES!! Order placed, thanks for the reminder Sven.

T

Way cool!

Is there a book release/signing event in the works?

Order placed so hurry it up!!! Wendy and Dan

sven i can't bow down and worship the ground you walk on fast enough !!

I always thought a book on old supper clubs would be interesting. glad someone has done it...... although I am curious to see which chicago area establishments are still thriving considering chicago had tons of these places back in the day but I have yet to find any that still remain open, much less thriving, inside the city limits. we shall see.....

BK

Looks like another homerun, Sven!

On 2012-07-01 04:54, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

sven i can't bow down and worship the ground you walk on fast enough !!

I always thought a book on old supper clubs would be interesting. glad someone has done it...... although I am curious to see which chicago area establishments are still thriving considering chicago had tons of these places back in the day but I have yet to find any that still remain open, much less thriving, inside the city limits. we shall see.....

Oh well thanks, Dave - but this IS Pete's book...

And you said it: Pete and I were shocked to find that the venerable hub of 20th Century history that Chicago is - had NO authentic supper clubs left! We had to go to the Del Bar in the Wisconsin Dells:

Its architect James Dresser studied under Frank Lloyd Wright:

John-O, L.A. was easier: We did the Dal Rae, Lawry's, and the Dresden dining room.

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.