Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Desert Oasis Room

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies

Located in Corona, California -- my home bar, The Desert Oasis Room.

The Desert Oasis Room gets it's own episode of Lost in Paradise. Special thanks to Chris Bonomo of LIP for the feature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCLGtFeL2s

The Desert Oasis Room is how it is done, Take notes new people
because this is a home Tiki bar extraordinaire!

Chris where have you been hiding, Have not seen you around a long while?

Thanks for sharing with us Polypop.

Thanks for the compliment ATP! When are you and Mrs coming over??? I've got a drink waiting here for you both. The ice is melting, better hurry up!

I sure could use that right now! but its back to work, Buddy!

M
Murph posted on Wed, Jul 11, 2012 6:26 PM

Love this Home Bar!

K

Wow, that's just beautiful.

Such an awesome space!

Here's a couple of pictures I took in the The Desert Oasis Room ~

It's a great place!

I remember seeing that video a while back and thinkin' "Dayyam - Poly Pop's got it together!"

Very cool!

L9

Fantastic!! I'm not Worthy!!!

This is the way its done. Great job all around.

Q

Beautiful bar!! I love the lamps and WOW, what a mug collection!

Thanks for posting and Aloha.

Thanks for the nice words everyone! Here's a couple more pics:

S

WOW! That's beautiful!

You have inspired me to continue working on my home tiki bar.

[ Edited by: MaukaHale 2012-07-11 20:23 ]

More Pics:

Those are some very authentic looking tiki people that you decorated your place with, that looks like a PARTY!

This iteration of the Desert Oasis Room has been in existence for about 18 months. In that time I've had at least a half dozen (more actually) parties/gatherings/hangouts, etc so that's what you are getting a peek of in the pics above. I've had the Sand Devils play at the DOR too and they blew the roof off. Cops came and shut them down. No worries though -- the party raged on into the wee hours of the night! EPIC...

Black Friday 2011 at the DOR with the Sand Devils:

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2012-07-11 20:54 ]

Oh -- and kids like hanging out here too! :)

Okay, here's a few more ~

EJ

Just incredible!!!!!

WOW...now that is one of the best home bars I have ever seen posted...AWESOME.

Thanks again everyone for the comps. Boris, great pics ~ thanks for sharing!

W

I'm at a loss for words. Okay maybe not! Stunning, incredible, outstanding, beautiful.....

Love it!

Thanks for the pictures.

Chris
WestADad

westadad.tumblr.com

And just a few more pics...

Love this one:

Veterans of the Tiki Revival, a bunch of guys that are not only nice, but have good Tiki taste.

Adrian, your room looks amazing. Boy, have I got a lot of work to do!

Thanks BK! Next time you are in Cali stop by for a drink. :)

T

Nice retreat you have there Adrian. Did you make your trim? Very nice. Love all your masks. Very nice Mug collection. Thought you gave them all away, still LOL at that one. Outstanding work.

See you in November!

On 2012-07-12 20:30, PolynesianPop wrote:
Thanks BK! Next time you are in Cali stop by for a drink. :)

On 2012-07-12 21:14, TikiVato wrote:
Nice retreat you have there Adrian. Did you make your trim?

Thank you. Yes, I made all my own trim. You can do it too -- it's super easy.

Some tips - practice on a piece of scrap to get the feel of the router. 2x4s can be had at Home Depot for lest than $2 each. Clamp them down and go.

Easy Peasy...

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2012-10-07 21:10 ]

On 2012-07-12 21:43, Big Kahuna wrote:
See you in November!

Alrighty then! Maybe we can do a Rumpus Room field trip when you're here and have the group over! :)

Thanks for the tips. I have a few routers at home including two plunge routers and some bits I've picked up at garage sales. Guess I just have to plunge into it. Gonna go to Monkeyman's workshop in October.

Amazing looking trim, Adrian!
I've gone an burned all of ours for The Breezeway. I might try and stain AFTER burning to see how that comes out. Might be horrible... We'll see.

Easy Peasy...

My @ss!!!! I've tried trim on a router and it's WAY harder for me than you make it seem but you may have motivated me to give it another go. I'm envious!!!

Sounds like agreat idea!

On 2012-07-12 22:09, PolynesianPop wrote:

On 2012-07-12 21:43, Big Kahuna wrote:
See you in November!

Alrighty then! Maybe we can do a Rumpus Room field trip when you're here and have the group over! :)

There’s some talk in another thread about power strips, overhead lighting and how many power points/switches one has to turn on to get their bars fully up and running. I decided to post my solution here rather than bog that thread down with all of my pictures. With that said, after a little thought and work, I am able to get my room up and running with only 2 switches – you read that right – 2 switches!

Switch 1 - The main switch handles all the lights on the ceiling in the main room, the rope lights on the upper and lower mug shelves and the lights on the end tables. Switch 2 - I installed a second separate switch in the bar area which handles all the lights there. No power strips anywhere so no extension cords either. And, if I ever decide to sell the house it’s all removable.

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2012-10-07 21:12 ]

You are a pre-planning Golden God! & honorary member of the A-Team.

Wonderful place... Thanks for sharing, gives me great inspiration for my own home bar

Awesome room! Thanks for the tips too. Very helpful.

You really did a nice job on that room Adrian.

Everything is very well thought out and executed as only an Architect could do.

Congrats.

W

That is one fandamtastic build! Great "behind the scenes" engineering.

Thanks for the pictures.

Chris
WestADad

Thanks for the step-by-step pictures! Everything looks great, as usual. VERY well done!

K

One of the best lookin rooms on Tiki Central. Nice work... All that carved and painted trim looks killer.

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies