Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Desert Oasis Room

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies

Thank you everyone for the kind compliments - I really do appreciate them all! :)

Now that the latest issue of Tiki Magazine has been released I am proud to announce that the Desert Oasis Room has made the centerfold for Totally Tikified! Special thanks goes out to Nick Camara, Jonpaul Balak and Kari Hendler and the rest of the Tiki Magazine crew for the feature. Please show your support for all their hard work and pick one up!

AWESOME, Adrian!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Cheeehoo!!! Lookin' sweet and very inspiring PolyPop, great work!
Aloha,
:tiki:

WOW! That is an amazing hideaway with incredible details and so many happy tiki visitors! I love the photo of the smiley kids.
Can I come over??

Wow.
What an amazing job!
You've made me one jealous man! Very, very good skills!
Hat, fully tipped.

More Good Times at the DOR this weekend!

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2012-09-03 21:53 ]

Yes! that is a roasted pig, great times indeed, The guest bartender selection
process was impressive also (If you get caught behind the bar, Your the Bartender until they find someone better or you die!)
Great party Adrian, "LOVE THE DESERT OASIS ROOM" I hope I didn't get yer kids to hung over :lol:

Lechón!

Thanks again for your hospitality, Adrian. I am still super impressed with the Desert Oasis Room. It might have been all of the cocktails, but at one point, I totally felt like I was in a real bar somewhere and not just in a regular sized room in a house in the suburbs.
The place is AMAZING.

And I thought that I had a respectable mug collection... Adrian's rivals the best of collections, IMO. AND he has something like nine other storage bins with stuff that he didn't have room for! Insane.

Here are some pics of his place.

All of the mugs were meticulously organized by designer, color, or some other theme.

This is the Shag section (sorry about the quality of my old iPhone)...

Some pics that I posted on Instagram. Follow us for lots of tiki/ hotrod/ surf photos @thehulagirls

Thanks for the good time, Adrian!

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.thehulagirlsmusic.com

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-09-04 09:21 ]

T

And...spike drooled a bit :)

Here's a few more photos of The Desert Oasis Room. Thank you for the hospitality Adrian!

kevin

S

WOW, just mind blowing!!! What a beautiful and perfect space!!!! One of the best I have seen!
I love all the PNG art you have, very impressive! :)

Thank You Spiked! :)

T

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2012-09-10 18:01 ]

That is an amazing tiki bar. I love it!

Thank you sir! :)

C

Such a great looking place. Thanks for the inspiration.

I am speaking with Mrs Chippy about making our own Tiki lounge.

I'd like to send a huge MAHALO to the Zen Tiki Lounge for stopping by the Desert Oasis Room to record their latest podcast. FUN FUN FUN!

You can listen to the podcast here:
http://www.zentikilounge.com/2012/11/ztl-265-cocktails-and-flaming-twinkies-the-desert-oasis-room/

Here are some pictures from the recording. Enjoy!

You got to stay close to home for once, Adrian!

Stuck at home bored with the flu so thought I'd test out my new camera. Here are some mugs. Enjoy...

Feel better, Adrian!
I dig how you organized your collection.

Very cool! Where is that skull in the lower right-hand corner from?

That's a Trader Pang's skull. Trader Pang's was the house brand of mugs that Hilo Hattie carried. I have that mug in both white and brown (both crazed, which makes them look more vintage than they actually are). As far as I know, all Hilo Hattie stores have closed their doors outside of their Hawaii locations so I'm glad I got them when they were around. I don't know if they still have or sell these but considering it was almost 10 years ago that I bought them I seriously doubt they'll still have them.

Here's a picture of the brown one:

I like 'em! Looks like some sort of monkey skull.

I agree...your organization is great. Fab Fab Fab!!!!

TA

Wow, just starting my own Tiki lounge. Of course I am at 7500+ feet elevation, so right now my lounge is 13 degrees. A little less then tropical. I have a long way to go, but your pics are very inspiring. I need to think of a good high elevation flagstaff AZ Tiki Lounge. Any thoughts?

Fantastic mug collection!!!

Great stuff!

By the way, what is the mug on the far right in this picture? It gives off a Hunter Thompson as Lono vibe.

On 2013-01-18 21:03, PolynesianPop wrote:
Stuck at home bored with the flu so thought I'd test out my new camera. Here are some mugs. Enjoy...

EJ

That mug is Eekum Bookum's Pokole Roary.

I just caught up with this post today and all I can say is . See I can't say anything because I'm lost for words.

You look like you have far too many tiki mugs there, better send me some immediately.

Well done sir!

On 2013-04-20 09:40, El Jefe wrote:
That mug is Eekum Bookum's Pokole Roary.

Thanks!

Thanks all for the nice comments! CC, that mug is from Eekum Bookum. Worth every penny too -- he does great work! :)

Killer space...

Jon

I'm excited to announce a new web series recorded exclusively at the Desert Oasis Room!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opouifmm1hc

Coming Soon!

You have my attention, Good Sir!

I'm with ATP. This is going to be good. :D

I love it...looking forward to more.

Enough teasing! Let's get to it!

Go.......
:)

Just wanted to share a few pics that Tiki Hula took of the DOR a couple weekends ago. :)

Your place never ceases to impress.

Desert Oasis Room sets the bar.

Wow!
Mahalo for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm actually working on another room as I type this. Pics of that one coming soon!

What! more Tiki perfection, coming soon, from the Poly Popster! What!

You are indeed an inspiration...can't wait to see your next endevour.

I got a sneak peek of Adrian's upcoming addition when I was down a couple weekends ago. It's going to be cool for sure. Adrian has a amazing collection and I always look forward to staying down there when I can. :D

Pages: 1 2 3 110 replies