Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Raising Cane named and new pics

Pages: 1 24 replies

No name yet but it has began

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Did some straightening. - 2012-07-15 19:39 ]

[ Edited by: Country Tiki 2012-07-29 18:16 ]

Good luck & have fun! Keep the pictures coming.

Can't wait to see the progress.

off and running :tiki:
remember, Rum helps the creativity...
:drink:

Floor is down hopefully walls up tomorrow can wait to use all this bamboo.This is only about half of what I have my family and I cut and dried every piece.

[ Edited by: Country Tiki 2012-07-17 18:21 ]

Nice collection of bamboo...looking forward to your building adventure!!!

Q

That bamboo looks great! You must have burned it all as well?
How long did yours take to dry?

Keep it going!!

Yeah we burned it and dried about 6weeks.Would probably have walls up today but 95 degrees with 95% humidity and good ole southern evening thunder storms ruined the day.

Getting closer,I think.

A lot of progress start on bar tomorrow.

Q

Looking good!! Keep it up and good building weather to you.

From inside out

Looks good CT. That's some serious bamboo, was it growing wild nearby? What part of the south are you in?

I live in the upstate of S.C. The bamboo came from Easley SC naturally growing but have only found it in a couple small patches around here.

Always nice to see someone a bit more local to me on the forum. Your build is looking incredible! Another round of intense heat is coming so keep cool out there. And keep those pics coming. Great looking project.

Almost done had to completely redo roof. If any one uses Ondura roof panels you can't put it directly on the pole unless they are the same size it will leak. 2x4s across the top and some silicone seems to work.

Q

This is really looking great CT! I can't wait to see more as you start adding tiki "stuff".

How did you secure the vertical bamboo to the floor?

We really didn't . We cut holes in a square piece of decking board like the base of a column to keep it from sliding and the whole building is tied into a frame of 4x4 post on the outside of the deck. We then covered the 4x4s with bamboo for looks I'll post pics later. Tried screwing bamboo to the floor but wasn't real secure. Thought about cutting a hole in the deck and dropping bamboo through but the frame around it seemed to be the best idea. The back wall and bar are framed like any other wall with bamboo halves screwed to it like paneling. Redneck engineering.

Tiki engineering I'd say! Thanks for the pictures, great job so far and with that nice pool, what a retreat after a hot day!

Chris
WestADad

If its tiki engineering I may be the first to use that in Due West SC.

Going to be adding tiki stuff soon. I don't have anything but Christmas lights and a small sign. We are flying to Turks and Caicos in a week or two so hope to find some there. Anything I should get first already got Sailor Jerry's rum and Vernors ginger ale but, what's next

We have named the bar Raising Cane. Opened last night for a surprise bday party for my beautiful wife. Thanks to a lot of hours of hard work by my dad and father in law it was done in time. Lots of complements.

[ Edited by: Country tiki 2012-07-31 06:30 ]

Looks great! Thanks for posting all the pics. Have fun in Turks & caicos. :)

Great name! Beautiful looking bar too, enjoy it. If you are looking for drink ideas, check out the Tiki Drinks & Food forum. The "What are you drinking right now?" thread always has some good inspiration.

Thanks for the complements. First time in Turks will be looking for a liquor store if any body can recommend one.The drinks at resorts are usually high on price and low on liquor.

In Turks this week found some tiki masks. What a beautiful laid back vacation highly recommended. Local rum and food is great.

[ Edited by: Country Tiki 2012-08-07 05:58 ]

New tiki stuff some from big lots, some tiki farm mugs and a nice conch shell.

Pages: 1 24 replies