Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Paradise Found Online - Took my money, did not ship goods!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Anyone know Paradise Found Online (paradisefoundonline.com)? I ordered a small item (tiki light switch cover for $15) from them on June 26th, and received an automatic email confirming my order, but since then, there has been nothing. They did charge my credit card. I've emailed multiple times, and called (went to voice-mail--left a message), with zero reply. If there is some problem with my order, I'd just like to know what it is.

I was hoping maybe somebody on the forum knows any info about them. I guess I'd advise caution in dealing with them, since they appear to take your money, and do not deliver the goods, or at least that has been my experience so far.

Thanks for your time!

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2012-07-25 14:10 ]

Time to do a charge back to your credit card. 3 weeks is plenty of time to respond to an e-mail. That might get their attention.

Does she really sell Crazy Al merchandise? Derek's art is from his clip art. He says it's legit.

It looks like paradisefound.com , homebargear.com & arttaboret.com are owned by Joan Kristufek.

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-07-18 19:22 ]

Thanks for your replies! I just sent them a final message via their contact customer service form on their site telling them that if I don't receive a reply soon, I'm going to dispute the charges with my bank. What a hassle over a $15 light switch cover! I'm not a difficult customer. I'd totally understand if there is a back-order problem or something... But when they charge my card, and then refuse to tell me any information, then I get annoyed.

On 2012-07-16 14:54, KittyKat65 wrote:
Time to do a charge back to your credit card. 3 weeks is plenty of time to respond to an e-mail. That might get their attention.

Looks like you were totally right! My previous e-mails and voice-mail did not get any response at all, but on your advice I sent one final message threatening to dispute the charge, and suddenly like magic the next day I received this e-mail:

"This item has shipped and you should receive it in a day or two. I believe we sent out an email yesterday with the tracking information."

I wonder why it took a threat just to get some information??

Hmm... Seems they only sent me the email saying my item was on its way to placate me. So far the item still has not arrived.

It's been EIGHT days since they claimed the item "has been shipped, and should arrive in a day or two." So I finally disputed the charges with my bank.

I ordered merchandise from them, and never received any merchandise (over a month later), with no explanation. Choose to do business with them at your own risk!

R
Rawim posted on Wed, Jul 25, 2012 3:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up Todd, I will steer clear of them in the future.

I hope the Credit Card company gets your back and gives you a full refund.

T

UPDATE: I did dispute the charges, and my money was refunded in full. :) I guess the email I received from ParadiseFoundOnline.com telling me, "This item has shipped and you should receive it in a day or two" was completely false. I never received the item, and never received any further communication from them.

On a more positive note, after disputing the charges with ParadiseFoundOnline.com, I ordered the same item (a Crazy Al light switch cover) from a vendor called "Myriah's Polynesian Bazaar", and I received it within 3 business days!

I guess it is really hit-or-miss in the world of online tiki merchandise. Let the buyer beware!

**(I didn't realize the cover was a Crazy Al cover until I received it, or I would've just ordered it directly from his site in the first place.)

[ Edited by: ToddVegas 2012-08-02 13:32 ]

Wow, that is one hell of a way to run a "business" unless they are seriously just a rip-off outfit. It might not be a bad idea to make a list of unscrupulous tiki vendors available on here to save TCers the trouble of finding out the hard way. Don't really understand why some folks don't understand the premise that if you take care of a customer, not only do they come back, but they often bring their friends. At least you got a refund though!

Pages: 1 9 replies