Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

New Home Tiki Bar in Bucks, UK

Pages: 1 10 replies

Just complete my bar, so here are my pics...

Started with a prototype...

Got carried away with the artwork.

Cleared an area at the bottom of the garden.

Added concrete with the PathMate (wasn't as level as I wanted).

Started the frame.

Moved it into place.

Added a roof.

Added panels from pallets.

Added a ply roof, felt and reed screen for a thatched look.

Used scaffold boards for bar top, stained and varnished.

Sign from Ebay.

Got some more pics to add from the interior to show later.

Opening was for my daughter 9th birthday, but the adults to pop the cork, and put to good use soon 8)

Nice space, But one requirement,You need some Tikis.

Cheers ATP

Nice rustic look...just class it up with some Tikis like ATP said. Have fun.

Cool build :). But you cant truly call this a Tiki bar until you have Tikis present. So! Get those Tikis :D. You are on your way though.

Totally agree, I did manage to purchase one before my funds dried up, but got my eye on a few more to stick on the posts.

This is a bit of a Cart before the Horse suggestion, but I would have distressed the wood before assembly to give more of a Driftwood Bar look to it: rub it with steel wool, sand it, beat it with old pans & hammers, and add the occasional chisel or screwdriver gouge for character, then wipe it with diluted stain or water that steel wool has been sitting in for 3-4 days, and then give it a wash with veery diluted white acrylic paint to make it look sunbleached.

Freddy, keeping with the horse analogy your suggestion is more like closing the barn door after the horse got out :lol:

Great looking build Davey, I like that you used salvaged materials. Without a protective finish it will eventually weather, but it would be cool to speed the process up a little.

Love the look of the wood from the pallets. Has a great nautical feel to it. Keep us updated with pics as you go.

• Dale

Start carving your own tikis...:)

Looks good

Ps- if u look at the 3rd picture u posted, your neighbor has 2 big
Trees they are not using...one good rain and those 2 trees are yours
for the carving. That's at least 6 good size tikis to carve.
Start your rain dance... :)

Worst sound ever, slurp of an empty tiki mug through my straw!!!

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2012-08-09 00:52 ]

On 2012-08-07 12:23, MadDogMike wrote:
Freddy, keeping with the horse analogy your suggestion is more like closing the barn door after the horse got out :lol:

Thought of that two days later. Maybe giving tips on building the barn doors after the horses walked away...

You can age the wood in place, it'll just be a little easier to do it without being assembled.

Off to a great start, Davey! As I'm sure you've already discovered, creating a tiki space and collecting things tiki is all consuming. You'll find money you didn't know you had to get more tiki stuff. Keep the pictures coming and keep having fun!

Pages: 1 10 replies