Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Get Well Tonga Tom!

Pages: 1 22 replies

Pneumonia strikes our good friend Tonga Tom D. Kline. Sherri says, "He's much better that how we got the ok to go home. He is on oxygen however and they don't know what the root cause was yet... There's still a bunch of tests out. Looks like TO is out:( "
Get well Tom & best to to you Sherri we love you guys!
Get Well Soon!

TT

Get well!

I'll have to have Ilene forward you her recipe for matzo ball soup...

That is why we didn't see you this weekend! missed you guys
Feel better ASAP buddy!

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Aug 8, 2012 5:16 PM

Yikes !! Hope to see you back in Tiki action soon. Rest well Tom.

L

Like my Grandmother always said... "Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever, Drown Pneumonia in massive amounts of Rum"

Get well, Tom!

Sending get well wishes your way. That pneumonia can sure sneak up on you. Take care.

Get well soon Tom, and we'll see you and Sherri soon. All this rum isn't going to drink itself. Nor are these photos going to take themselves. Nor are these records going to play...ok I'm taking this a bit far. Just get well.

Kevin & Val

BB

This stinks! :( I hope you feel better soon Tom. Things are always better when you're around.

Sending good thoughts for a speedy and full recovery!

No Fun Atoll! (See what I did there? Little play on words for ya)
Hope yer feeling better soon! We'll have to have a celebratory cocktail waiting for ya as soon as you're better!

Tom,

Sorry to hear you are down, get well and back on that Tiki soon. Thank god (Tiki that is) Kevin knows how to use a camera while your in hiatus!

DC

Tom, are you up and running again?

Tom, You and Sherri were very muched missed at Oasis this year
are you on your feet yet?

Feel better! do it now!

Wow! I'm so out of it, I just saw this thread. Thank you Kelly, and thank you all for the kind thoughts and well wishes. I'm doing much better and off the oxygen, but unfortunately haven't had a cocktail in over three weeks! We really missed being at Tiki Oasis this year, but we can't wait to get back to the Rumpus Room, Tonga Hut and beyond. Those who have seen me, tell me I look skinny, but I'm sure I'll pack those pounds on soon. :)

T

Hey Tom!

Don't feel bad... in fact, feel better!

I didn't see this post until after Oasis, and didn't even know you were in the hospital until I asked Krisdrama at Tiki Oasis "So when are Tom and Sherri getting here?" and being told that you were totally sidelined with phenomena! Like crazy man!

Hope you're on the mend!

When will we be seeing you two out at Tiki events again? I don't think we can hold out much longer... we miss you guys!!!
High Times Chili Cook Off?
Tiki Hightway at Don's?
Rum Rhum at Tonga Hut?
(those are all THIS Sunday... please make one!... no pressure, though... )

no, really, make one...

Tonga Hut...

No, I mean only if you feel you can make it... you better be there... Um, only if you can...

Ahhh! I'm torn between what's best fer you and what's best fer us!!!

No, really, only if yer up for it...

Hey, maybe we can all come visit you at home? (Yer not contagious, are you?!?)

OK, far too much stream of consciousness (and rum) happening in this post...

Really hope to see you soon, and back in top health!!!

Lotsa love,
Eric and Manuel (except Manuel isn't part of the mad ravings)

I blame it on air conditioning,

be careful with the heat of summer and going in and out of AC environments.

and, also AC in the car,
I heard about how the condensation in the AC ducts of cars harbors bacteria.

good times huh?

hope yer doing well soon Tom.
Jeff(btd)

JB

On 2012-08-24 23:37, tobunga wrote:
Hey Tom!

Don't feel bad... in fact, feel better!

I didn't see this post until after Oasis, and didn't even know you were in the hospital until I asked Krisdrama at Tiki Oasis "So when are Tom and Sherri getting here?" and being told that you were totally sidelined with phenomena! Like crazy man!

Hope you're on the mend!

When will we be seeing you two out at Tiki events again? I don't think we can hold out much longer... we miss you guys!!!
High Times Chili Cook Off?
Tiki Hightway at Don's?
Rum Rhum at Tonga Hut?
(those are all THIS Sunday... please make one!... no pressure, though... )

no, really, make one...

Tonga Hut...

No, I mean only if you feel you can make it... you better be there... Um, only if you can...

Ahhh! I'm torn between what's best fer you and what's best fer us!!!

No, really, only if yer up for it...

Hey, maybe we can all come visit you at home? (Yer not contagious, are you?!?)

OK, far too much stream of consciousness (and rum) happening in this post...

Really hope to see you soon, and back in top health!!!

Lotsa love,
Eric and Manuel (except Manuel isn't part of the mad ravings)

I think our friend here has been dippin' into your oxygen....

T

I blame rum.

Oh, by the way, rum and citrus are medicinal... Tom, why don't you fix yerself a mai tai? you'll be feelin' better in no time!

TT

Actually, I haven't had any cocktails since Flaming Tiki's party. I know, hard to believe!

BTD - Think I caught it from some random costumed sicko at Comic Con.

I won't get down to OC tomorrow, but I might make it to TH for the Rum Rhum Club if Sherriyaki lets me out of the house. Don't think I'll be doing too much tasting, but I would like to go since I haven't missed one yet.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Aug 25, 2012 6:58 PM

GROG had Walking Pneumonia too, Tonga Tom ---in high school, so GROG know what you've been through. Didn't have to be on oxygen, but it kick GROG' ass in major way. Took a bit over a month to get over, and over a year to get all of GROG' strength back. Keep getting better, and GROG hope to see you soon at the Tonga Hut. (One of the medicines GROG had to take back then actually had a lot of alcohol in it!)

Tom, it was great to see you at the Hut yesterday as your old/new self: Walking/talking/drinking/shooting! Don't pull that stuff again, you scared us!

Great news indeed! Hope to see you soon Tom!

TT

Thank you! It was great to be back, and I can't wait to be at more events and just hangin' where I usually hang. It might have been worth it though, I received this AMAZING 8" x 10" card from Eric October. Also, THANK YOU to all my kind friends who signed and commented in it.
It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Pages: 1 22 replies