Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tikipops Lamps

Pages: 1 2 76 replies

See you at the marketplace!

T

Foamy - Thanks for looking. Trying to do my own twist.

Jon - I'm going to do another Witco inspired one to keep this time. I also have to redo my outdoor bar top. I'm going try a mosaic design to match the bar sign I made at Monkeyman's first router class.

Lance - See ya Saturday!!!

Pops, some great stuff! One of these days, I'll gather together stuff and come back here for some inspiration!

T

Here is my first custom order lamp. The customer wanted a large lamp for the entry way into the house. It needed to give off enough light to light up the entry way. This is also the biggest lamp I have made. It is 24" in diameter & 8" tall. There are four different tapa cloth prints in eight panels. There are four 8" holes on top & bottom. The bottom holes are covered with matting. The upper holes are open. Two 100 watt bulbs give enough light thru the open holes on top which reflect off the ceiling & the matted holes on the bottom still give off an ample amount of light also. It also hangs from a ceiling box where the old light fixture was.

Now that's a proper entry way light
:)

Jon

One of the best threads on TC. Wendy

T

Jon - Thanks again for checking in. I might in Las Vegas in April.

Wendy & Dan - That's a huge compliment coming from such great artists. I always enjoy checking out your stuff.

:)

Then I hope to see you soon....

I don't check into this room enough. There are tons of great ideas and inspirations here. Thanks for posting.

Storm

Was on a little Tiki break. Haven't made a lamp in a couple months. I just finished one for the ITMP this Saturday.

I had old papasan chair that wasn't fixable, so I cut it up.

And made this lamp. Hawaiian Bird of Paradise bark cloth.

With rattan accents.

And sea glass bottom.

Cool!

Eh TikiPops, Awesome!!! :wink:
Love your lamps brada!

T

Thanks guys for checking in on my lamps. Back in the swing & making some new ones.

Scott, I think I read on Wendy's thread you will be at Oasis with Rob. We're coming down just for Saturday this year. Hope to see both of you.

You read that correctly Tiki Pops. Beautiful lamps, Wendy

Another cool one Pops

T

I finally got to make a few lamps for the ITMP this Saturday. I found a couple cool blue, green & gold mosaic glass pieces. They both have inlaid tapa cloth.

This green bowl looks like lantern glass. I carved 3 war clubs for this one.

Great stuff bruddah

T

John, Thanks for checking in. You should come to one these ITMP sales!

Wow, super cool, Wendy

T

Wendy, Thanks! Going to miss you guys tomorrow.

Tiki Pops, great designs!

T

Amy,

Thanks! Still trying to come up with something a little different each time but still be "Tiki" I've got a couple of new ideas brewing.

Really nice!!!

T

Here's a couple new ones. The first is more traditional tiki, tapa cloth & bamboo.
The second one is a red glass bowl, router carved wood, & rattan pieces from an old papasan chair.

[ Edited by: TikiPops 2015-01-22 20:58 ]

Outstanding my friend

Mighty fine!

T

Only one new lamp lately.

T

Here's a couple new router carvings.

Tiki Bar sign, 29" long.

Island Scene, 8" diameter.

Lookin good Pops.....

Pages: 1 2 76 replies