Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Home Tikibar in Holland

Pages: 1 21 replies

M

Hi There,
New here on the forum, and very curious what you guys think of our Tikibar.
It's in our backyard, and the first party is already fact! It needs more stuff in it, lookin' for some fishlamps and so on. But it take's some time!

M

more pics

M

party pic's

Welcome to Tiki Central!

I can only imagine how hard it is to find materials for a Tiki build in Holland
so nice start & I like the splash of color for the walls,It all looks very nice!

Now for the hopefully helpful criticism: You need more Tikis

I am seeing a good sense of design here, The Tapa is a nice touch I am wondering just how difficult it is to find Tikis or Tiki carvers in your part of the world?

Edit, more pictures where posted, so I have a better idea of your build.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-09-21 14:02 ]

M

Good idea's are more then welcome!
Saw some great looking bars on this site, very nice to watch people so dedicated!!
Now I can prove i'm not the only one
xx

Well, you'll get the idea. Don't want to bore you with to much pictures.
Bedtime.
Thanks for viewing.

Hey there is a Tiki! looking good.......

M

Thanks Atomic Tiki Punk, for replying and youre comments.
You're so right, more more more Tiki's!!
Well, you can buy some tiki's back here, most of them not really my thing. And then there's shipping, and that's gonna cost some. April 2013 we're headin to California (first time), and I hope to send some stuff from there to Holland myself. So I'll have to have patience, wich is not really my thing:)

gtz Kim

M

Almost forgot Atomic Tiki Punk,
As far for the carvers over here, I gave my husband a chainsaw!
He's bizzy with his first Moai, and it's going pretty good so far.

Kim

Glad to hear it, be sure to ask where to go & what to see here on TC
when you plan your california trip :) and a :drink:

Looking great! I think you have done a great job so far and it will only continue to grow. Keep showing us pics. We won't get bored with that.

• Dale
T

I like what I see. Keep the pictures coming.

J

At Tiki Oasis this year I was eating at that Waffle place and sitting next to me were a couple who traveled from Holland for the event. :) It trips me out when Aloha garbed Tikiphiles speak with European accents !! How do Dutch people even know about Tiki !! ??

T

Nice.

Welcome to Tiki Central. Your bar is very classy looking, I love the bamboo and looks like your party was fun!!! You will find Tikis in time. I started my place without Tikis and just waited until I found some I liked. Keep up the great work.

When you guys come here in april, if you can. You have got to hit up Oceanic Arts. You will be in Tiki heaven :D. And you will visit a very historic Tiki landmark.

Good Morning!
So nice to see your reponses when I woke up!
Thank you all. How do dutchies know about tiki? I can only speak for myself..
A few years ago I saw a weird lookin mug in a stand on a rockabilly festival. (Already into vintage, fifties/sixties, R&R). Didn't know what it was,
but had to have it. (It was the Tikinator :)) Well, internet does the rest I guess. Bought some books of Sven A. Kirsten, I was sold. Went from beer to the cocktails :)

Thanks for the Oceanic Arts tip, it was already on the list. This weekend we're gonna plan our trip to CA.
It's gonna look something like this: 3-4 days LA, 3 days San Francisco, Yosemite Park, Sequoia Park and then
5 days Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekender.
Already have a list of all the tiki sides we'd like to see, to much to handle!
Will post it later on in the travel corner, so you experts can shoot at it.

The tiki's will come in time @ the bar, and I will continue to post some pic's when new things arrive.

x Kim

here are some more pictures,
Got more partypics, but internet is not ready for them yet (;

Great collection :D. Hey cool!! When you guys go to Las Vegas that meens you will be hitting up Frankies Tiki room.

Nice place you got there! And it´s also nice to see some other europeans here on TC!

Yes, We need new blood in the "Tiki" gene pool
I have seen some funny looking kids running around here lately.......

Great bar, and welcome to TC. Cheekytiki supply some tiki decor in europe, not sure of the shipping costs though.
Definitely get to Smuggler's Cove and The Tonga Room is SF, and Tiki Ti's in LA.

Q

Nice looking bar! Great job.

More tikis = better. :)

Post those pics of the Moai as soon as it's ready!!

Aloha and cheers!

Pages: 1 21 replies