Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Halloween Mug Swap is a go! Join up by Oct 15th!

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

Ukutiki your second is on the way.
I think that just leaves Pikey's Dog (but I hear it's going to be worth the wait!)

and remember to post pics of what you get so we can all ohh and ahh!

G

I got my package safe and sound. I'll post a picture soon.

gabbahey

Our guard dog alerted us to a suspicious package...

It's from "Sideshow Bob..." Isn't he constantly trying to kill Bart Simpson..?

Fortunately, THIS package is from VIRGINIA'S Sideshow Bob; good news!

Inside: Mugs! Swizzles! Patches! Matches!

Thanks to Bob & Happy Halloween all!

--Pete

HT

Can I have the guard dog in the next swap? No mug, just the dog. We can call him mug if that makes it more official.

Wow Slacks Ferret what a lot of tiki treasure. Thank you so much. I love the Kanaloa Kannibal mug. Did you make it?

I'm going to hold onto everything and let Dan have it as a gift from you at Christmas. He'll be so happy.

Super Cool, Wendy

I got my mug swap package today from Ragbag Comics, and all I can say is WOW! What a fun and generous surprise.

It started out with a treasure map!

The the numbered treasure within the box-o-plenty.

Not one, not two, not three, but four mugs/glasses.

More booty, starting with two vintage menus.

Swizzles.

A signed Fong Fest Poster.

And bonus swag!

The loot list.

Ragbag Comics rocks,, thanks for an amazing trade. The Fongs Pizza mug is stunning.

DC

Slacks, that Kanaloa Kannibal glaze is off the hook!

Glad you like the mug Wendy. You're right, it is my own design. I couldn't figure out anything you wouldn't already have.

And mahalo to SDT for the compliment! I'm liking this finish too.

Hey Dusty-

Glad you dig it!

Everything included is from places we've been right here in Midwestern America (well... and the south depending on which way you swing Omni Hut...)

Fong's Pizza is a hoot... not only is it Iowa's only tiki bar, it is probably the world's only pizza joint housed in a mid-century Chinese restaurant and it is CERTAINLY the only one that serves Chinese pizza AND tiki drinks! Not somethin' you'd expect to find in the Hawkeye State.

We don't have quite as many swell tiki places as SoCal here in middle America, but what we DO have is mighty fine!

Hope you enjoy the mugs, comics & all else- I expect photos of that Fong Fest poster hanging up in Casa De Cajun tout de suite!

Happy Halloween all!

--Pete

The awesome Fong's mug can be ordered online. My Iowa relatives didn't want to travel across the state to get one for me so I had to order it. From their website it's a cool looking place.
fongspizza.com

Hey I'm new here. How do I post a Personal reply to buy a mug, or trade?
I really like this site.
Thank you

James Walker , Lost Angels California

On 2012-10-27 19:30, James Walker wrote:
Hey I'm new here. How do I post a Personal reply to buy a mug, or trade?
I really like this site.
Thank you

James Walker , Lost Angels California  

Psnl msg the person.

Pikey's Dog yours went out Saturday.
and Slacks, I hear yours cleared customs!
Hopefully Sandy won't mess up deliveries too badly. Be careful East Coasters!

U

Got home and found a box from Pittsburgh Pauly loaded with all kinds of swag including stuff for my beyond tiki collecting. WOW! Mahalo PP!
A Squid Squll and A Hu Ke Lau hiball glass

A Menu from Chin's plus matchbooks from all over

A couple (hee hee) of swizzle sticks

Lots of cards, coasters, brochures and even a corkscrew

To the person who receives my mug swap:

I forgot the hang tags that go along with two of the items. They were both hand made by me for the swap. Hope you like them!

Are Tiki Central members not the most generous people on earth? Look what Dustycajun sent me:

Two mugs I don't have- Trader Sam's and one from Luau Hut. Also included were some cool matchbooks and swizzles. My tiki mug runneth over with joy! Thanks Dusty!

Glad you liked it Ukutiki!
I think it's actually a Sqrewed up Squll, that's why I had to make good with the other stuff :)
I loved that corkscrew/bottle opener set, but saw that you collect corkscrews, so I'm hoping it'll be more enjoyed by you!

U

Thanks...I must be sqrewed up.

I got mine and it's amazing! The mugs are perfect and the Frankenberry was an "off da hook" addition! I'll add a pic later (as I'm at work right now).

I'm not sure which TC handle sent me this thoughtful and awesome package. All I can say is thanks LJ! This is better than what my wife gets me for Christmakah.

I'm happy you like it, Slacks Ferret. I saw an old thread where you wanted some Frankenberry cereal so I sent you a box. Due to it being on the forbidden list I had to take the rum out of the box, which I was bummed about. I will drink it tonight for you.
It was my first time shipping anything so if nothing broke I'm happy.

I got this awesome headhunter mug and necklace from Hale Tiki along with a couple dozen heavy duty stirrers.

Thanks so much!

Welcome!
I glad you like it.
The enameling took longer than I thought it would.
I've been wanting to do it for awhile, and I always liked the headhunter mug.

G

I received my swap a little while ago but I haven't been able to get in front of a real computer until now.

My swap was a doozy! I guess it is safe to say that one of my big motivations for joining these swaps is to get the chance to swap with Wendy Cevola. Her and Dan's mugs are my favorite from new mug makers. I was so happy when I saw the return address. Wendy and Dan sent me this wonderful mug with an equally beautiful letter to accompany it. I love it! My 30th B-day is coming up and I plan to bring it out to Denver's only tiki bar: Adrift! Thank you so much Wendy and Dan!

Here is a snap shot before trick or treating last night

And my daughter volunteered to hold it for a close up. Please excuse the fingers in the way. She loves the color.

gabbahey

[ Edited by: gabbahey 2012-11-01 12:29 ]

My package from Tikilongbeach:

Mahalo again! It's great!

Hey Gabbahey, I love the photos and I've stolen them for my files. Your daughters fingers are precious. Thank you so much for your kind comments. You made this super fun for us, Wendy

Slacks Ferret, that is one cool looking room!

Pittsburgh pauly,

Thank you for putting on a great mug swap!

On 2012-11-01 20:31, tikilongbeach wrote:
Slacks Ferret, that is one cool looking room!

Thanks again TLB! Here's a better look at it:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35709&forum=20&124

T

Got my package a while ago, but I was up to my eyeballs in Halloween, what with making costumes and organizing the Monsters & Mai Tais show at Tonga Hut... now that I have a moment, here's my cool swag from Exquisite Corpse!

A Fu Manchu mug, a glass tiki mug, and lots of other goodies, including a flask keychain, and some awesome devil cocktail glass garnishes!

Mucho Mahalos, Exquisite Corpse!

Sorry I didn't post this earlier.... Been on the road!
Big Thanks to Pikeys Dog!

Love the Mugs and swag! The custom coconut is now my Swizzle holder on the Bar!

Cheers!

Bob

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2012-11-04 15:53 ]

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2012-11-04 15:54 ]

C

bummer I missed out on this one. I hope there is a holiday swap :)

On 2012-11-05 19:34, catmomma wrote:

Sorry, it was short notice Catmomm.
But I think it worked in my favor since it was my first to organize :)

Thanks so much for my swap Gabbahey!
It must've been delivered at work on Friday, but nobody told me. Sitting all alone tsk tsk.

All new stuff for me!
Rum Belly from Adrift
CCJ Ku (how didn't I have that?)
and vintage (?) BOOZE!
The dark bottle is shaped like a Ku on back.
Some fabric and a caveman Halloween Mask!
Mahalo!

Edited to add pic
Edited again to complain that I forgot the mask in the pic! Drat

[ Edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-11-06 20:04 ]

[ Edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-11-06 20:05 ]

Looks like Pikey's Dog's package, which is going across the pond is, understandably, the last one to arrive.
Let me know if I'm wrong and Pikey's Dog let us all know when it arrives!

PD

Arrived this morning - will open and add pictures when I get home this evening...

C

On 2012-11-06 19:43, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:

On 2012-11-05 19:34, catmomma wrote:

Sorry, it was short notice Catmomm.
But I think it worked in my favor since it was my first to organize :)

Looks like you did a great job! I don't visit the board all that often but I come in every month or two and search to see if a swap is coming soon. Usually there is one in November so I was hoping to get in on one, even bought a mug last week in Vegas for it. Oh well, I will have to keep coming back and this mug will live with me awhile :)

PD

Another cool swap, a new Trader Sams barrel mug (one which i've been trying to source recently), and even better, a really nice hand thrown bowl with the name of my home bar impressed around the rim.

Thanks to Eric for such a kind gesture and a fantastic selection of extras.

Photos as promised:

On 2012-11-07 15:31, Pikeys Dog wrote:
...and even better, a really nice hand thrown bowl with the name of my home bar impressed around the rim.

Sweet!!

I think that means that everyone has received their mug, so that's a wrap to this swap.

I hope everyone's happy and had fun. I know I did!

I also wanted to especially say to everyone, thanks for participating in my first swap!

Is there possibly going to be a holiday/New Year's swap? I couldn't participate in the Halloween swap due to travel plans but I'm eager to swap again soon!

HT

I may or may not have already purchased a cool mug for the next swap.

Pages: 1 2 88 replies