Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mystery location....can you guess?

Pages: 1 11 replies

While out on a safari, Tiki Bong and I were sighted entering a strange place....

The interior was dark and inviting:

And lo and behold!:

G

On 2012-10-16 11:45, lucas vigor wrote:
While out on a safari, Tiki Bong and I were sighted entering a strange place....

that door and OA handle may be from the Barefoot Bar (SD) back entrance. Was a tiki up above it too.
Free Bong.

Edited to add: located on Paradise Point

[ Edited by: Gavin 2012-10-16 12:11 ]

LV, I'm dying to find out. Great idea for a thread.

I think the outside shot is a Turkish prison. Reminds me of the 5-10 I spent visiting Istanbul (I swear it was only parsley and oregano!)

TM

On 2012-10-16 19:10, MadDogMike wrote:
I think the outside shot is a Turkish prison. Reminds me of the 5-10 I spent visiting Istanbul (I swear it was only parsley and oregano!)

No. You are wrong sir. The answer is "because they are both members of the marsupial family".

TM

G
Gavin posted on Wed, Oct 17, 2012 2:24 PM

On 2012-10-17 13:48, lucas vigor wrote:

That Tower still stands, but I don't think the twirly thing on top is on it.

Could those be remnants of the Don the Beachcomber restaurant that was located in the Barefoot Bar!!??

:up: 1983

(as posted by Sabu)

DC

Thanks for the memories of Vacation Village...it was a fascinating place...especially that tower with the whirley gigs.

Great temple but just how long ago was that safari? Common LV, more info please??

Well, we had an early dinner at the barefoot bar last week on the way home from a gig...then walked around a bit. It was getting dark and my cell phone camera has no flash, or I would have taken tons of pictures. The "resort" is huge. Absolutely. Lots and lots of ornamental tropical foliage. Really, I don't know why this place has not ever been used for a tiki event of some sort. It has the acreage, the ambiance, it's vintage...

I guess because there are not a million tikis all over the place, it has not been considered for anything by anyone on this forum...but if you are in San Diego....go check it out! Great place to stay, by the way. My family went every summer during the 70s and early 80's.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2012-10-19 10:37 ]

G
Gavin posted on Fri, Oct 19, 2012 2:01 PM

Submitted with Mr. Vigor's approval, another Mystery Location.
Should be an easy one, but still cool to look at...

Imagine how cool this would be, with the Smokin' Menehunes playing over there in the corner.
Or, the Sweet Hollywaiians.

Pages: 1 11 replies