Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sneak peek!! THOR's new RUM paintings for Damon's holiday party dec. 16th ! New one just added!!

Pages: 1 13 replies

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 9:08 AM

ALOHA!

Well, as you may have heard, I have fired up my Skull mugs and bonded with my "rum spirits" at Bacardi to conjure up some super fun rum doodles for Damon's Steak House's Holiday dinner party Dec. 16th. I am bringing FOUR SPECIAL NEW RUM WASH PAINTINGS, and I believe the deal is that there will be a raffle. You buy a ticket for 5 bucks...each. I will draw the winner at some point and the winner will get to choose one of four displayed. The remainder will hang on Damon's walls to for all to enjoy, or purchase should that be desired.

These will all be beautifully framed/matted for this event. All on 100% cotton watercolor paper and rendered in the finest flame friendly Bacardi rum I could find! Matter of fact, Damon's, along with Bacardi, has generously given me a bottle of EVERY RUM BACARDI MAKES! So...I am well stocked for brush sucking!...I MEAN..brush paintings!!

100% of the sales profits from the raffle tickets will be divided among the Damon's staff as thanks for their MANY decades of service of Polynesian enchantment. The subject matter I did was some fun doodles celebrating the monkeys that make this place it's own! I plan to do a long series of these, following their adventures in "monkey business" in and out of their home at Damon's. Oh..plus, what would any set of rum paintings be without at least ONE "Shrunken Head" for the tribal minded! Hope to see some old friendsthis night! I hear my Bruddah Crazy Al is up to something here too!... AND I can't wait to flood my ears with the exotic music of "Tiki Joe's Ocean"! Marty Lush will be whippin' out his wit too!

I have been nose to drawing board the last 2 years designing new rides and attractions in my foundation career, Theme park and Entertainment design. Though my passion for Tiki took a back seat for a wee spell, I am super excited to have finally managed my time so I can fill any spare moments I have with lot's of fun Tiki stuff this coming year again!

For more info on this event, see Kari's thread on details! She has done an OUTSTANDING job producing this!!

Happy Holidays to all! See art below! One more will be finished at Damon's celebrating Bacardi Rum!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/50c4c390.jpg)

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/50c4c3e1.jpg)

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/50c4c4b5.jpg)

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/50cde153.jpg)

[ Edited by: THOR's  2012-12-16 07:33 ]
G
GROG posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 9:52 AM

Very nice. GROG like.

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Dec 9, 2012 2:02 PM

Thanks Ernie!! I am trying to get out to see yah at Tonga today !! Not doing so well at getting there so far though!

EJ

Is there any way that someone, like myself, who lives out of state might be able to participate in the raffle or the purchase of the art? There is no way for me to make it to the event but I would sure like to be able to participate somehow.

[ Edited by: El Jefe 2012-12-09 22:35 ]

T

Aloha El Jefe!

This is a ticketed event, unfortunately. I believe I heard last week they were just a few seats from a total sell out. HOWEVER, only one of the four rum paintings will be chosen by the raffle winner. The others will be available for purchase from Damon's walls, unless they sell that night.

I need to price these. When these were in my Galleries in Hawaii, framed, they would sell at around $500.00-$700.00, since each is an original. However, I always felt that was just too high, since, though very intriguing to most, these are not full color paintings. Also, I wanted to do something that had an "affordable" way for people to own one of my originals. This is greatly why I started pulling my rum art from the galleries and selling these more directly, cutting the retail down as much as 50%.

This said, depending on how detailed the subject matter is, figure on a these retailing for around $250.00 on low end and up to $400.00 for more detailed subject matter or ones with more decorative frames. If you want to know which ones are still available after the 16th, contact me on my Facebook page under my name: Tom Thordarson. I have sold more of these than I can count and these are super fun to do!

Great to meet you "El Jefe" ~~~THOR

All of us could not be more thrilled to have Thor with us next Sunday! And his gift to the staff of Damon's is unbelievable! (Thor, I do believe you're going to get extra drinks and desserts snuck to you from them!) So, yes, all of you attending this event, don't forget to bring an extra $5.00 to buy a raffle ticket. There will be several prizes, but Thor will draw the winning number for his rum painting prize! And, remember, the more tickets you buy, the better chance you have of winning... plus the hardworking, long-time staff of Damon's will love you even more! See you all... wow... THIS SUNDAY!

Thor,
I've been wanting to share this story with you for a while now. Earlier this year my girlfriends mom was finally declared cured of cancer after an almost 2 year fight. To celebrate her getting well we got her a print of 'Table Top Tussle' because of her love of cocktail sword fights and gecko's. Tammy hung the picture in her guest room and has now proceeded to decorate the room around the theme of the painting. She says that every time she sees the painting it makes her smile.

T

Lori,

This story TRULY is what makes me happy I do what I do. As Andy Warhol used to say, "Life imitates art"! Didn't he? Well I paint and draw stuff that I would like life to be like...and there is nothing more rewarding to hear a story like this. I can't take credit for your friends Mom's healing. But I tell yah..she sounds like a magical spirit..and one with a sense of humour I would love to hang with.

Sending lot's of warm Aloha... and more sword fighting Gecko's to keep and protect that great lady you speak of! Hope to meet you guys one day. Happy Holidays my friend!

Cannot WAIT!!!!!!!!!
YAY!

T

Can't wait to see yah Kinny!!!!!

Thor, I always love your rum paintings and these are awesome examples of a rather unique artform :)

T

Thanks Mad Dog! The rum paintings are my fun stuff!!! Glad they are liked! Happy Holidays buddy!! ~~~T

the second one is my fav! Love it!

T

Thanks Judy!

Just added another here....See above, last image in the stack of peeks! I am going to finish the last one at Damon's tonight. My brushes are rum soaked but surviving! See yah tonight!!

Pages: 1 13 replies