Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Home tiki bar (Need a name)

Pages: 1 7 replies

KL

This is the beginning of a closet tiki bar inside a oversized closet in our early '60's modern home...

I used some thatch I got from OA and bamboo and lashed together a "roof", and painted the walls leather brown.

By the way, here is a look at our home...

We used real bamboo flooring for the bar top and trimmed it all out with various strips of bamboo and wood. The middle shelves are older extra lumber I had laying around and its not very straight, some bottles tilt when on them. I feel it adds to the rustic feel...

The closet was so large it has two doors that open to it. We believe the original intent was to store extra chairs and or leafs for the dinning table, or other dinning items. Who knows... Anyway, the walls has burlap stretched over sourced from Home Depot landscaping clippings bags, and we decorated with various nick knacks laying around our already crowded office and man cave.

[ Edited by: Kouko Lui 2012-12-20 17:15 ]

Nice house! Certainly deserved a tiki bar stash like you've created!

HT

A closet tiki bar is better than no tiki bar!

Enjoy it, and okole maluna!

A

For a name, how about Waihona Bar? Waihona is "closet" in Hawaiian

Love when I see little nooks converted into tiki bars, but my favorite thing I saw in that bar wasn't even tiki. The "Praise the Lowered" sign is classic!

Fabulous job in a small place...and well stocked. Love the elevation of the front of your home...show more of the inside, but it has a great kitchen and bathrooms.

Great lookin so far
Needs a name, hmmmm
U live in..........
Hmmmm

OxNards

Just kidding, I couldn't help myself

Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming

Jon

Lookin' good.

Love the repurposed HD bags for your wall covering. Very clever!

:)
Lori

Pages: 1 7 replies