Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

battery operated accent lights

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi all. First time posting here. I've a learned a lot just reading and gotten a ton of inspiration for my home space from all of your great work so thanks for that.

I'm currently looking for small accent lights to put underneath a glass topped bar and on shelves to highlight mugs and small Tikis. My electricity is limited because it's an outdoor space so I'm trying to find small battery operated accent lights. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this...

Thanks!

TM

On 2013-02-26 15:56, polynesianpoppa wrote:
Hi all. First time posting here. I've a learned a lot just reading and gotten a ton of inspiration for my home space from all of your great work so thanks for that.

I'm currently looking for small accent lights to put underneath a glass topped bar and on shelves to highlight mugs and small Tikis. My electricity is limited because it's an outdoor space so I'm trying to find small battery operated accent lights. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this...

Thanks!

maybe those clip on lights they use for music stands?

On 2013-02-26 15:56, polynesianpoppa wrote:

Thanks!

During Christmas Target had several different designs of battery operated LED lights. I bought some strands and have been happy with them. The battery packs are easy to hide.
This is what they look like. They're easy to find online.

During Christmas Target had several different designs of battery operated LED lights. I bought some strands and have been happy with them. The battery packs are easy to hide.
This is what they look like. They're easy to find online.

Thanks Lori. Those look like a good option for the bar.

I just found these and am thinking I may try them on top of the shelves to highlight my mugs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R9P4GE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Can be found at Ikea also...

Those overhead lights will work just fine.

On 2013-02-26 16:31, polynesianpoppa wrote:

I just found these and am thinking I may try them on top of the shelves to highlight my mugs:

I've used these for my mug shelf:
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Lights-Operated-Silver-Wire/dp/B004DZI1J0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1361980272&sr=8-12&keywords=battery+operated+led+lights

They work pretty well...

-mark

W

Thanks for that link Mark, those are nifty products.

Chris

Those red LEDs look great. Thanks for the link.

Pages: 1 8 replies