Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 5 Room Crawl 2013

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

Please add Rama Lama & Nepheria to the crawlers....

G

Can you please add 2 to the crawl list?

Geedavee and Mimi.

Thanks

Please add me to the crawl list, can't wait for TC 5!

After an exhausting selection and refinement process, I've finalized my cocktail selection for the Tiki Caliente 5 crawl.

More to follow.

See you crawlers in 3 weeks.

Kevin

On 2013-04-26 23:19, heylownine wrote:
After an exhausting selection and refinement process, I've finalized my cocktail selection for the Tiki Caliente 5 crawl.

More to follow.

Kevin

YES!!!

More to follow.

Kevin

I took the easy route. Since we are judging and I can't compete, I decided to bring my Mojave drink. Well, maybe one other as well. Oh, plus a super special drink just for Big Orange Richard mug owners. I should probably finish up that special drink.

On 2013-04-26 23:51, Sunshine Tiki wrote:

More to follow.

Kevin

I took the easy route. Since we are judging and I can't compete, I decided to bring my Mojave drink. Well, maybe one other as well. Oh, plus a super special drink just for Big Orange Richard mug owners. I should probably finish up that special drink.

Oh please do. My Big Orange Richard isn't going to fill itself.

So to speak.

Kevin

S

seagoat +1 for the crawl please. As a first timer to a weekend event and crawl, are we supposed to bring our own mugs or are cups provided? Not sure I want to risk damaging or losing a good mug. Cheers!

T

On 2013-04-29 14:31, seagoat wrote:
seagoat +1 for the crawl please. As a first timer to a weekend event and crawl, are we supposed to bring our own mugs or are cups provided? Not sure I want to risk damaging or losing a good mug. Cheers!

To answer your question, it is your call, but usually the room parties do provide a plastic cup. If you want more info on how room parties work, listen to the Zen Tiki Lounge podcast ep 273 (i know there are more about room parties, just look for Tiki Caliente titles). And, if you want a mug, ZTL was offering a special drink if you purchased their "Big Richard" mug ~$40. I'd say PM Sunshine Tiki to see if they are still offering it though.
http://www.zentikilounge.com/

hope that helps.
Andrew

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-04-29 14:51 ]

Ohhhh! been so busy planning my birthday, I got behind on my Caliente plans! Definately add one to the crawl please! :)

TL

Please add us, Tiki Love & Tiki Tracy ... thanks!

KC

Fisherman and Me!!!

C

Caltiki Brent in as a crawler!

T

Attention all crawlers!!! Here is the place to be Friday night at 10:00.
Counting down the days, looking forward to a great weekend.

T

Please add Two to crawl. Thanks

JB

In.

Kuke Combs and Dave will be a crawling!

kevin

Does that mean your making that tasty cocktail from last year, Kevin?

No, just that I was too lazy to find a Tiki Caliente 5 backdrop for the teaser photo. :D

There's something new in the works for Tiki Caliente 5.

kevin

JB

On 2013-05-10 14:29, Joe Banks wrote:
In.

(Hmm...better rephrase....)

Please add Joe Banks to the Crawlers list.

Sherriyaki and I will be crawling, and I'll be shooting photos too ... So be on your "best" behavior. :wink:

kevin

kevin

RD

It looks like Heylownine is bringing out the big guns and ammunition!!!

He is going for the "Triple-Crown" victory at Caliente.

After Back-to-Back championships with winning cocktails at Taboo and Mojave the smart money is on Heylownine to become the Secretariat of crawl hosting.

Good Luck Kevin & Val.

Looking forward to having another one of your fine creations this weekend.

On 2013-05-13 21:10, Rum Dog wrote:
It looks like Heylownine is bringing out the big guns and ammunition!!!

He is going for the "Triple-Crown" victory at Caliente.

After Back-to-Back championships with winning cocktails at Taboo and Mojave the smart money is on Heylownine to become the Secretariat of crawl hosting.

Good Luck Kevin & Val.

Looking forward to having another one of your fine creations this weekend.

Thanks Rum Dog. And we're looking forward to quenching a few thirsts this weekend.

kevin

kevin

On 2013-05-13 20:38, heylownine wrote:

kevin

Getting awfully fancy there. Can't wait to sip!

T

Almost ready!

The Chief Kopi Kopi
Room 216
Saturday, May 18, 2013
5:00 PM

kevin

Just finished many gallons of each cocktail we are serving at Tiki Caliente! Try "Jeannie's Wish" and "Coconut Mele." And if you own or buy one of our limited Moai Mugs, you can try our very tasty secret drink!

Now doesn't this look like fun! I have had a blast organizing the room crawl this year. We have new mixers and seasoned cocktail masters showing off over a dozen cocktails. See you at the crawl and room parties! Tip your bartender.

Saturday, 4:30

Room as yet unknown (I think it is either 117 or 118).

Well I would post the flyer, but image upload isn't working and I don't have all day.

On 2013-05-17 12:29, PiPhiRho wrote:
Saturday, 4:30

Room as yet unknown (I think it is either 117 or 118).

Well I would post the flyer, but image upload isn't working and I don't have all day.

We will update the main poster as soon as we get the room number.

A big mahalo to all who attended and hosted the room crawl at the event. This was the first year that Zen Tiki Lounge has organized the crawl and we had a blast doing. Tasting drinks from the newcomers and the veterans was a pleasure. Over Friday and Saturday we tried 18 cocktails, visited 12 rooms and met great people. Can't wait to start planning the next event.

Winners of the cocktail/party contest......

Best/Most Interesting Decor: Lahaina Lounge
Best Cocktail: PiPhiRho
Overall Best Room: Flaming Tiki Lounge

Congratulations to the winners and to all who showed off their drinks and helped entertain over 500 guests. A true accomplishment.

Listen to episode 277 of Zen Tiki Lounge podcast to hear our LIVE recording from TC5

http://www.zentikilounge

heylownine's (Kevin & Val) cocktail was sublime!

Room crawls were awesome!! Like to give a shout out to The agents of H.U.L.A for a great Harvey Wallbanger and your dancer was stellar dancing to the Ghastly Ones. :D

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that visited on Saturday, 11:30 a.m. for our Hair of the Bear room crawl.
This was only my second tiki event and first room crawl hosting.

My friend JP was our expert drink designer. My partner Martin and friend Mike helped ensure everyone got the pineapple, mint, candied ginger garnish added to all the drinks that were flowing quite nicely.

It was a great first experience and we'll definitely do it again, adding some new layers of sophistication that we learned from others hosting the room crawls.

[ Edited by: Tikibear69 2013-05-21 10:11 ]

On 2013-05-19 19:32, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
heylownine's (Kevin & Val) cocktail was sublime!

Thanks ATP!

And thanks to the other generous crawlers who stopped by our room to try the Chief Kopi Kopi. Hopefully you also snagged the recipe postcard - #1 in a new series (check the "cancelation" on the postcard's stamp if you have one). Collect them all and relish that you have a number 1! Thank you Tonga Tom for designing the card, and to Eric October and Sherriyaki for their suggestions on the layout (hope I am not forgetting anyone but that project started in a bar and the memories are a bit murky).

Special thanks to professional TC lurkers Val and Karen: without them you'd still be in line for your cocktail because I'd be trying to ice, dispense, shake, pour, and garnish 100 cocktails by myself.

Mahalo!

kevin

P

Soaking the garnish in orange flower water... that is inspired! Excellent drink.

T

Thanks to all who came by the Lahaina Lounge & got your glow on. Thanks for all the great compliments on the drink & the decorations.
A special thanks goes to Sunshine Tiki for organizing the crawl.

Lahaina Hula Fizz: 2oz. Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
.75oz Malibu Coconut Rum
dollop of vanilla ice cream
3.5oz Squirt

Chill rum first, pour in both rums, add ice cream, pour in Squirt & give a stir.
Double it up in a tall glass & add ice for a great pool side drink.

Thanks again,
Mike, Karen & Amanda

On 2013-05-21 09:47, PiPhiRho wrote:
Soaking the garnish in orange flower water... that is inspired! Excellent drink.

Thank you! And congrats on your cocktail; it was great.

That reminds me - as a tip to crawl hosts: make sure you have a designated drink runner to help you taste other hosts' cocktails. You're likely to be busy preparing your own cocktail for an hour or more before you host. That may conflict with the crawl schedule. Pass some tip money to a friend and ask them to help get that cocktail for you so you can sample it while you prep (thanks Kim!). Without help I'd have missed 2 cocktails on the crawl.

Kevin

Great tip Kevin! I'll be sure to use it next year.

Also thank you to Sunshine Tiki for organizing the room crawl. It was great to have your support for our first room crawl hosting at Tiki Caliente. Thank you to the room crawlers for their comments on the "eye of the Moai" and for their generosity.
Eye of the Moai (at the Tahitian Room)
Pour in a blender
Gin 1.5 oz
Orgeat 0.75 oz
lemon 0.75 oz
Falernum 0.25 oz
Lychee puree 1.5 oz made with canned lychees pre blended
Ice 3 oz
Angostura bitters 3 dashes

The calm after the storm

We would like to say thank you to all of the crawl hosts, we had a lot of fun and enjoyed your cocktails, Next year we'll have to have a cocktail runner, so we don't miss anything, great suggestion Kevin.
Also a huge thank you to Sunshine Tiki for a fabulous job organizing an incredible weekend of room crawls.
We also would like to thank everyone that came to the Flaming Tiki Lounge, hope you enjoyed the VooDoo Lei and Caribe Cooler and that you had as much fun as we did. Without you it's just a room , with you it's a party.
And, many mahalos and a dept of gratitude to Capt. R.H. Falernum, sir you are truly a class act, thank you for being our door man, handing out fans and leis.
Again thank you..... Patricia & David

On 2013-05-21 22:24, Tikifrog wrote:
Great tip Kevin! I'll be sure to use it next year.

Also thank you to Sunshine Tiki for organizing the room crawl. It was great to have your support for our first room crawl hosting at Tiki Caliente. Thank you to the room crawlers for their comments on the "eye of the Moai" and for their generosity.
Eye of the Moai (at the Tahitian Room)
Pour in a blender
Gin 1.5 oz
Orgeat 0.75 oz
lemon 0.75 oz
Falernum 0.25 oz
Lychee puree 1.5 oz made with canned lychees pre blended
Ice 3 oz
Angostura bitters 3 dashes

The calm after the storm

You room and cocktail were some of the best. It made the judging for best cocktail very hard. Love the use of the canned lychees. :)

hey all! Thanks so much for having us as a part of this wonderful weekend...we met a ton of really cool people, and made a bunch of new friends..is there a certain place to find all the pics??oxoxoxo Kitty and Fish

oh!! I found the pics!!

T

Thank you Sunshine Tiki. Your feedback means a lot to us!

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies