Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki Room Mural Help

Pages: 1 4 replies

H
Hearn posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 3:49 PM

Mahalo! After relocating to our first house and having our first baby, the wife and I are finally getting around to creating our new tiki lounge. As the backdrop for the bar itself...I'd like to do an old fashioned multi-layered glass mural showcasing a scenic view of Hawaii or some other real (or imaginary) island scene.

I'll be adding color changing lights to mimic sunset...the whole nine yards.

Trouble is...I'm having a HELL of a time finding the appropriate image. It needs to be wide...bit not overally tall (approx proportions are 6' wide by 18" tall or 4:1). I'd like it to be an historic or famous image...not just something you'd see on a Corona advert.

Anybody out there with any ideas? I'm throwing this one to the Tiki Gods in hope for inspiration!

Thanks!
Hearn

I did a Google search for "Hawaii Panorama" and there are some amazing photos that could be used. If they are too tall you could always crop them to focus on best parts. Also, if not wide enough you could probably photoshop some palm trees at either end. Just a thought.

H
Hearn posted on Thu, Apr 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Hmmm....panorama was a word I did NOT use...good idea...thanks!

Keep us posted. Sounds like a great project!

Dale

I eventually plan on doing a beachy flamingo diorama above my kitchen shelves and saved this site as the have some nice scenes and size options.

http://www.muralsyourway.com/beach-tropical-murals/

Pages: 1 4 replies