Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

um....i guess our tiki room collections are going to help retirement. ;)

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Good lord, did the other 1,499 copies (or however large the edition was) all get smashed with a hammer? I imagine I am not alone in my bewilderment considering, after a quick search, that the same item hasn't broken 1k. Though, looking at the bid history, it looks like someone may be making it as an emergency purchase or trying to force the bidding higher since all but the most recent bid were made by them.

my my a very spensive bird!

I was wondering if it's a legitimate bid.

T

I most seriously doubt it.

My guess is the seller is sitting on a bunch of them/multiples and is doing the "Exxon Two-Step" to inflate the value of his stock.

PP

that's more than I paid for my first two cars!!!!!

We should all be so lucky to have 60 bidders. I didn't even know it was possible for one bidder to make their bid keep going higher and higher without someone else bidding. I also see the person has sold only 3 things. I would also imagine that he/she is being skunked. Well, they will learn.

Well it IS a Kevin Kidney design...but not some kind of vintage 60s original!

No way this is a legit auction, with 60 bidders and over 4 grand

T

sven, you being such an patron of the tiki arts and genre, i'd be more than happy to cut you a generous deal for a similar, if not slightly dusty copy of this fine limited edition item for say.....$2874.93?

shipping of course, will have to be a separate charge.

:wink:

We should all be so lucky to have 60 bidders. I didn't even know it was possible for one bidder to make their bid keep going higher and higher without someone else bidding. I also see the person has sold only 3 things. I would also imagine that he/she is being skunked. Well, they will learn.

Not 60 bidders, 60 bids. Only two bidders, one of them a new user. What you see is possible if the original bidder put in say $5,000 for his first bid. The auction started at $865 (still a HUGE amount for this), and that is what will show as the high bid. When another person comes along and bids, the highest bid will automatically increment to the next amount above the second, because the first person put in $5,000 as his maximum bid, eBay automatically ups the high bid.

M

Well, that splains it! Unfortunately this person is going to learn the hard way about selling on ebay. You can't BS the Tiki Scene. Oh, and that guy who was selling the witco style furniture but found out it was some company in Cali...bitchenco not the real name and was given the correct name and maker, is selling one cabinet on etsy and it still says Witco on the ad.

Pages: 1 11 replies