Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Zealand water color prints, any info?

Pages: 1 10 replies

found these at an estate sale last night for .25 cents each, the frames were old and glass broken but couldn't beat the price!!! anyone know anything about the artist??
thanks
paul

They are old menus from Matson cruise lines (Has anyone come across these being used for any other cruise lines?)
you can find them printed & unprinted mostly from 1957 to 1967 (general era in use)
The menu you bought is "New Zealand by artist Louis Macouillard 1913-1987"
more info here http://www.askart.com/askart/artist.aspx?artist=5705

Great deal!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-09-13 13:30 ]

Yup! ATP is right. I have the same ones myself. But I have not seen them for another cruise line.

PP

Awesome!!! what a steal!!! now Im Muy happy!!! didn't care other than they were way cool, now Ive got to add them to my collection of Matson travel docs and such from WWII and before!!! just finished putting them in some non-tiki looking frames just so I can hang em up and enjoy them, now Ive just got to get some cool frames, lol
thanks for the info and help guys!!!!

paul

PP

The New Zealand "Maori Village" menu by "Macouillard" is one of my favorites
I double checked & these were commissioned by Matson Cruise Lines
so they wouldn't have been used by any other Cruise companies.

Wow, what a bargain. I bought one at a paper show in Glendale (for way more than I should have.. ) and it didn't even have the menu on the back.

Nice framing job as well, congrats!

So cool to get the quick feedback from ATP so you know what you have. They are very beautifully framed now...I like the matting too. CONGRATULATIONS...they are awesome.

HJ

Tres hip, good score. Thank you for sharing.

PP

thanks everyone!!! I got a call from the folks and they think they have 2 more as part of the set, as well as some cool California coastal photos used by the Dept of Rec. for postcards, seems the lady who passed was a photographer and took lots of coastal photos, sea life, sunsets, beach life and such, so heres keeping my fingers crossed they find the stuff in the garage as they dig through all her stuff.

pele paul

PP

oh they did find this yesterday, so now its in my hall way, just need to get it matted

Pages: 1 10 replies