Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

F.O.M. Announces 2013 Easter Island Donation!

Pages: 1 25 replies

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2013 5:08 AM

Iorana!

The F.O.M. is happy to announce our 2013 EIF Donation. An extra-spectacular Ohana in 2013 has allowed the F.O.M. the increase our donation this year & establish a THIRD FOM Scholarship to be given to a student from the island of Rapa Nui!

Maururu to all who have helped make this happen through enjoying the Ohana Luau at the Lake event, volunteering, & donations of your time, talents, art & collectibles to Ohana and the Silent Auction!! And thank you to all who have bid & bought at the Ohana Silent and our annual Mystery Bowl Auction, too, which have helped make this donation possible. It all truly makes a big difference!

You can read more HERE:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2013/11/04/fom-sends-2013-donation-to-eif

A Big, BIG MAHALO to you ALL!!!!!!!

& Now onto Ohana Luau at the Lake 2014 - See You At The Lake!!!!!!!!!

MORE on Ohana 2014 Here:http://luauatthelake.com/

Wonderful and generous.

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:48 AM

& BUMP for the announcement of this year's Scholarship recipients - we are now up to a total of FOUR Scholarships that the Fraternal Order of Moai are now providing to students from Rapa Nui!!

You can read all about it & see the recipients here:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2014/03/05/fom-2014-scholarships-awarded-by-eif

Well aren't you special?! Couldn't find any deserving American recipients, huh? Why not tone down the self-congratulations until you folks can get your nationalist priorities in order?

WOT?! really White Devil?

LOL!!!!!

Nobody outside the Order of Asshole Buddies is as impressed with your good works as you folks seem to be, and since bragging about it seems to be just as important to you as doing them, well then why not spread a little benevolence here at home. You know, with the unfortunate Americans who have to put up with your ill-mannered asses. Your merit badge society is widely regarded as the Scientologists of tiki: the perpetual drunk uncles who are culturally (and I suspect genetically) incapable of enough self-awareness to know how embarrassing you are to your families. I suppose that's why you feel like you have to beat off here once a year—because you can't get your wives to do it. If you could figure out how to bake cookies, at least you'd be as useful as Girl Scouts. Have a great day! :)

On 2014-03-07 05:48, croe67 wrote:
You can read all about it & see the recipients here:
http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/news/index.php/2014/03/05/fom-2014-scholarships-awarded-by-eif

This is why I am proud to call myself Moai!

We have a party, spend time with friends and family, and turn that into sending people to school! Party with a Purpose!

[ Edited by: Chip and Andy 2014-03-07 13:07 ]

FM

Wow, you weren't kidding with your name.

Not a bad bit of trolling there….. I give it a B+.

I would list the charitable stuff the F.O.M. does in the U.S. of A. but I am guessing he won't be back to read this thread again.

-Rev

Thats the biggest stick up the butt I've seen in a loOOooog time. what did you guys do run over his dog or something?

Just...wow. Looks like he may have been banned for it? Is his message staying up as a warning to others?

I heard there was some "turf war" between FOM and TC, but I had no idea of the level of animosity.

On 2014-03-09 10:15, TikiTacky wrote:
I heard there was some "turf war" between FOM and TC, but I had no idea of the level of animosity.

Like five years ago maybe. Some folks just can't let go.

On 2014-03-09 10:03, Sophista-tiki wrote:
what did you guys do run over his dog or something?

We never figured out why he feels (felt?) the way he does.

And it is funny that you asked about his dog.... the South Florida chapter of FOM devotes all of their charitable efforts to animals. The Broward Humane Society and Gumbo Limbo Nature Preserve are the big two. So even if we did run over his dog we would have the connections to take care of his dog, or at the very least get him a new one.

'meh.... whatever.

Anyway..... join us at Ohana this year and you can have lots of fun and be a part of the next round of EIF scholarships!

T

I checked out the work you guys (FOM) do. Sounds like a great way to have fun and do some good at the same time. I'm not sure what White Devil's tirade was about, but it sounded like a bit of nationalism to me. Eh, whatcha gonna do? :wink:

Congratulations on another successful year and donation to the cause. Keep up the great work, Tiking and cocktailing!!!

T

"Don't know what the White Devil's tirade was about, but it sounded like a bit of nationalism to me.“

I can remember back when the FOM (Fraternal Order of Moai)had to find a charity to give money
to.
We needed to find one fast because the FOM Fraternal Order of Moai had just been added on Wikipedia
and just as fast we were removed.
Certain FOM Fraternal Order of Moai people RELLY liked the idea of being on Wikipedia and did NOT want to lose that.
Well the reason they were removed from Wikipedia was the guidelines for being on Wikipedia as a
Fraternal organization stated you need to give to a charity among other things.

So they took ideas for what charity to give to, I wanted to collect money and give it to guys
that were homeless in the form of booze, I thought that was funny as it’s what lots of those guys want.

But the charity was picked and others were added over the years.
so the fact that they give to other charities may mean that what started as
a desperate need to stay in the limelight has become a want to help others.

Plus it looks good in court.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-06-29 06:57 ]

LOL!!!

C

I can assure you & anyone else reading this thread that the FOM has come a very long, long way from it's early days & that our mantra of "Fun with a purpose" is exhibited throughout much of what we do everyday. We live it because we want to help others & have a lot of fun along the way while doing it, too. This certainly includes the funds raised at Ohana which go to fund scholarships for students from the island of Rapa Nui, as well as local chapter efforts that raise funds for various local causes.

And, no there is no "turf war" with TC or anything dumb like that.
Anyone who tells you otherwise has their own agenda at play, as the FOM sees no such thing as reality in any way.

Wow.

With criticism like that I feel ashamed that I must not be matching the level of goodness and charity that White Devil must certainly be bringing to the world.

I mean, he couldn't possibly be hatin' on the good works of others unless he felt they were inferior to his own....right?

...you go white devil - stay awesome.

I think you're mixing up a few different events there, tikiskip. Wikipedia doesn't have any guidelines like that, they just care about being cited in credible sources... and the mods there did delete a page about FOM until some footnotes got added.

But to be honest, I like your version. "We give money to charity so we can be on Wikipedia" is just the sort of random thing the FOM would do and I can think of worse reasons for giving away money really so let's stick with that. In a few years no one will remember what went on anyway.

-Rev

T

Well the group we had back then would not even bring a bag of ice to a party so
these were not the type that knew of giving.
One guy used to like to come to our house when he was in town so as he put it "The Fraternal Order of Moai could save money"
They saved money, cost me a ton, man those guys could drink.
and I’m sure the people getting the money don’t care where it comes from.

Also I don’t just dislike all FOM Fraternal Order of Moai it’s really a handful of people that mess that group
up for you, Too bad they are old timers and you will need to wait till they are gone
from this earth to fix that problem.

Lastly I did not like some of White Devils posts in the past and even told him so here
one time.
But I don’t see the reason he was kicked out, maybe there was stuff I don’t know
about as well, but this would have been a time out, or a hey knock it off, type situation
in the past.

"I know I have said this to you before, but you've been gone a long time.... and others are gone too. Times change. Different people in the Lodge, in the Temple, the wheel turns"

Yes I have heard that many times but the things that go on and keep going on prove this not to be true.
But then there are like 80 members now so it's not like it's gotten that much bigger.
Many of the better FOM Fraternal Order of Moai members have left as well as I did.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2015-06-29 07:07 ]

Congrats!

I think its great that this organization has a purpose and raises money for charity --no matter what that charity is or how the choice came about.

I personally don't care for a handful of FOM members BUT I don't care for them and they happen to be FOM not the other way around. I would love to go to Ohana at some point in the future because tiki is tiki and pictures look like a great time is had by all.

I am curious if the event that is going to start in Florida next year will raise money for the same charity as Ohana does? Looking forward to seeing what that event is all about as well!

Lastly -
Its a shame that TC has turned into such a vile place at times. Watching a handful of members continuously belittle people on this forum while never suffering any consequences for their words is utterly ridiculous. While White Devil's post here (and in many, many other threads) was really out of line I am actually happy that someone FINALLY got the boot. At least the mods actually ..you know..moderated. Aloha White Devil!

On 2014-03-11 09:54, SandraDee wrote:
I am curious if the event that is going to start in Florida next year will raise money for the same charity as Ohana does? Looking forward to seeing what that event is all about as well!

Short answer.... yes. It will.

Much of that event is still being planned, the major details will be announced at Ohana Luau by the Lake in June. The details will show up here as soon as everyone gets home from Ohana so a few days later.

On 2014-03-11 05:27, tikiskip wrote:
Also I don’t just dislike all FOM it’s really a handful of people that mess that group
up for you, Too bad they are old timers and you will need to wait till they are gone
from this earth to fix that problem.

I know I have said this to you before, but you've been gone a long time.... and others are gone too. Times change. Different people in the Lodge, in the Temple, the wheel turns.

Lastly I did not like some of White Devils posts in the past and even told him so here
one time.
But I don’t see the reason he was kicked out, maybe there was stuff I don’t know
about as well, but this would have been a time out, or a hey knock it off, type situation
in the past.

Can't speak for the mods on TC. Their site and I'm not going to second guess them.

-Rev

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Mar 12, 2014 7:26 PM

I think it's just plain great that there is a modern, newly minted organization that mirrors the 1950's fraternal societies in both fun and charitable giving. Maybe this started as a joke or as something to do on Tuesday nights, but things take on a life of their own sometimes.

The Shriners started their children's hospitals apparently because they figured they could get away with just about anything at their meetings and hotel conventions if they were helping sick kids. It worked perfectly. Still a great idea.

You guys keep going; scholarships, helping the blind, treating burn victims, whatever! You're on the right side, whatever the heck that is.

Pages: 1 25 replies