Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Bahooka Restaurant items for sale

Pages: 1 2 94 replies

So that wasn't you in the Don the Beachcomber parking lot
with a truck full of merchandise?

Do you even understand why that was not a cool thing to do?
were you not advised by myself in advance, that it would not be cool to do so?

so stop acting all indignant, you're just a guy looking to make a buck any way you can
and "That's four day old fish & I'm not buying it"

FM

Dude, go away! Shoo!! Keep re-wording the same thing over and over pal. It's cool your buddies are coming on to speak of what they know nothing of. Keep lining them up.

In all seriousness guys, this is getting a bit embarrassing. Maybe take it into PMs or something. Nobody participating in this is coming out looking like a winner. :roll:

FM

Ah, a voice of reason! Thank you!

EJ

On 2014-01-18 19:44, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2014-01-18 18:36, El Jefe wrote:
I'm gonna pull a Grog. It's you're not your.

Please stop ATP. I know you won't think so but YOU'RE embarASSing yourself. I just don't get why you feel compelled to speak for so many other people when they did not ask you. I know the whole "I'm a blunt guy and can post or say whatever I want" is the schtick you hide behind but it's just tired. If you don't like the prices don't buy and move along. Obviously others have no problems with the prices. To just create your own revisionist history of how Fez obtained the items and then presented them here is the real BS.

Showing up a bit late to the party Jefe, just where in "H-E Double Hockey Sticks" otherwise known as your house
did you get the idea I was speaking for anyone else, but myself.

Also I have no idea how "Fez" obtained the items & think it rather suspect
as is his presumptuous & shameful conduct at Don's which is a fact & witnessed by many people attending.

Wow! Another uninformed post by ATP in this very thread. Who would have guessed? El Jefe means "The Boss". Even Lucas got that one right. You might be thinking of El Diablo who rides the zamboni around in that hockey stick place. A little use of the Googlizer might have helped.

It's none of your damn business where Fez got the items. Enough on that one.

I know you vend at the market so if there is some shady stuff going on you have a right to complain but you should complain to the organizer. Let Chris know and let him handle it. Don't come in this thread and try and create your own story line of some "Big Bad Guy" selling tiki goods of questoinable origins for unheard of prices.

On 2014-01-12 21:04, Fez Moai wrote:

So you have stuff to sell and you posted about it on the MARKETPLACE thread to sell it.

That's cool

Thanks for posting it in the correct spot on this forum--many people don't and it really jumbles things up.

I don't know you personally--but you have some neat items. I loved The Bahooka and really miss knowing it was still there since I didn't get there that often. Rufus was awesome.

Tiki Al has some Bahooka stuff that he sells--pretty much similar to what you have also--and I know those barrel lamps are ridiculously heavy. I would love to own one but it would most likely pull the ceiling down.

I hate seeing these abalone shells because it reminds me of when I had a huge box of them but ended up accidentally donating them to a thrift store :(

And who doesn't love the plastic parrots. everything in Bahooka always seemed "old" to me--I like that kind of worn and weathered look.

Thanks for sharing the photos of stuff you aren't selling. Nice to know that things ended up with someone who values where they came from and can actually tell you where they were in the restaurant.

I feel bad for folks who never got to go to that place. It was one of the few places that really has an eclectic/vintage vibe and pictures , no mater how awesome, never really do the place justice.

Good memories all around!

On 2014-01-18 20:26, El Jefe wrote:

Please stop ATP. I know you won't think so but YOU'RE embarASSing yourself. I just don't get why you feel compelled to speak for so many other people when they did not ask you. I know the whole "I'm a blunt guy and can post or say whatever I want" is the schtick you hide behind but it's just tired. If you don't like the prices don't buy and move along. Obviously others have no problems with the prices. To just create your own revisionist history of how Fez obtained the items and then presented them here is the real BS.

Showing up a bit late to the party Jefe, just where in "H-E Double Hockey Sticks" otherwise known as your house

as is his presumptuous & shameful conduct at Don's which is a fact & witnessed by many people attending.

Wow! Another uninformed post by ATP in this very thread. Who would have guessed? El Jefe means "The Boss". Even Lucas got that one right. You might be thinking of El Diablo who rides the zamboni around in that hockey stick place. A little use of the Googlizer might have helped.

I know you vend at the market so if there is some shady stuff going on you have a right to complain but you should complain to the organizer. Let Chris know and let him handle it. Don't come in this thread and try and create your own story line of some "Big Bad Guy" selling tiki goods of questoinable origins for unheard of prices.

Parody is completely lost on you.....

EJ

On 2014-01-18 20:38, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2014-01-18 20:26, El Jefe wrote:

Parody is completely lost on you.....

No....your's just sucks. Kinda like your comedy. How about responding to the rest of the post?

Hey everybody! hope your enjoying the show
It's time for a quick commercial break from our sponsor

Lash's Bitters......

Is Constipation keeping you from enjoying the dance?
You have the invitation, but can't go!
Then you need Lash's Bitters!

It's Bitter for you!

Now enjoy the show!

EJ

On 2014-01-18 21:09, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Hey everybody! hope your enjoying the show
It's time for a quick commercial break from our sponsor

Lash's Bitters......

Is Constipation keeping you from enjoying the dance?
You have the invitation, but can't go!
Then you need Lash's Bitters!

It's Bitter for you!

Now enjoy the show!

Thanks for proving me right. Game....set....match.

EJ

Oh yeah.....what about commenting on the rest of the post?

FM

On 2014-01-18 20:32, SandraDee wrote:

On 2014-01-12 21:04, Fez Moai wrote:

So you have stuff to sell and you posted about it on the MARKETPLACE thread to sell it.

That's cool

Thanks for posting it in the correct spot on this forum--many people don't and it really jumbles things up.

I don't know you personally--but you have some neat items. I loved The Bahooka and really miss knowing it was still there since I didn't get there that often. Rufus was awesome.

Tiki Al has some Bahooka stuff that he sells--pretty much similar to what you have also--and I know those barrel lamps are ridiculously heavy. I would love to own one but it would most likely pull the ceiling down.

I hate seeing these abalone shells because it reminds me of when I had a huge box of them but ended up accidentally donating them to a thrift store :(

And who doesn't love the plastic parrots. everything in Bahooka always seemed "old" to me--I like that kind of worn and weathered look.

Thanks for sharing the photos of stuff you aren't selling. Nice to know that things ended up with someone who values where they came from and can actually tell you where they were in the restaurant.

I feel bad for folks who never got to go to that place. It was one of the few places that really has an eclectic/vintage vibe and pictures , no mater how awesome, never really do the place justice.

Good memories all around!

Thanks Sandradee, for READING and comprehending my post. Yeah, those barrels are heavy, which is why I offer to deliver them to folks in the SoCal area, and already have. They are not "shipping friendly" unfortunately. Sorry to hear about the abalone shells, but I'm sure they made someone else pretty happy!

On 2014-01-18 21:13, El Jefe wrote:

Oh, how droll....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-01-18 21:24 ]

EJ

On 2014-01-18 21:21, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2014-01-18 21:13, El Jefe wrote:

Oh, how droll....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-01-18 21:24 ]

Then why are you still commenting on this thread? Sorry....I forgot you just can't help yourself. Now we have resorted to avoiding the questions being asked and posting images. ATP Playbook 101.

I can't believe what went on here, and that pages of it !? Is this a friggin' sorority, or the Tiki community !? ATP, you are way out of line. Couple of years ago you were banned from TC for this kinda b.s. - seems you forgot. This embarrassing thread should have been locked pages ago!

Fez Moai contacted me a couple of days before the Marketplace, and asked if I was gonna be there, he had some Bahooka items for me. I met him, he seemed like genuine lover of the place who happened to came across some of the left over stuff. He wanted to know what to ask for it, and I said I was not good at gauging these kind of things, but that the Tiki community was generally not flush with moolah.

So, maybe he aimed too high with some of the stuff, but what is the big fickin' deal? Where does all this animosity come from? I judged him as a newbie, but not as a chiseler, rather someone that was eager to learn more about Tiki as he had always liked it, and did not know this Tiki scene existed. Bet he now wishes he never found out.

EJ

On 2014-01-18 21:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
I can't believe what went on here, and that pages of it !? Is this a friggin' sorority, or the Tiki community !? ATP, you are way out of line. Couple of years ago you were banned from TC for this kinda b.s. - seems you forgot. This embarrassing thread should have been locked pages ago!

Fez Moai contacted me a couple of days before the Marketplace, and asked if I was gonna be there, he had some Bahooka items for me. I met him, he seemed like genuine lover of the place who happened to came across some of the left over stuff. He wanted to know what to ask for it, and I said I was not good at gauging these kind of things, but that the Tiki community was generally not flush with moolah.

So, maybe he aimed too high with some of the stuff, but what is the big fickin' deal? Where does all this animosity come from? I judged him as a newbie, but not as a chiseler, rather someone that was eager to learn more about Tiki as he had always liked it, and did not know this Tiki scene existed. Bet he now wishes he never found out.

This^. Enough said. Now back to the regular scheduled programing.

FM

Thanks a million Sven. Just like Zeus throwing down a bolt of lightning.

BEFORE THIS GETS LOCKED....

I, BAMBOO BEN, BUILD CUSTOM TIKI ROOMS FOR YOU!!!

GOOGLE- BAMBOO BEN !!!

JUST ASK EVERYONE HERE!!!

ALOHA! AND TIKI TIKI!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: & a :drink:

FM

Ben, I PM'd you about getting wood from the Bahooka a few days ago. Not from me, but from the owner. I'm trying to see as much of the place go somewhere useful.

On 2014-01-18 22:31, Fez Moai wrote:
Ben, I PM'd you about getting wood from the Bahooka a few days ago. Not from me, but from the owner. I'm trying to see as much of the place go somewhere useful.

Got that Fez but I have been buried with other stuff.

Hope it goes to a good home!!!

TM

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2016-09-01 09:39 ]

FM

I'm glad you are saying that I was right in a roundabout way, and leaving doubt and suspicion with it. Please stop posting on my Marketplace thread.

TM

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2016-09-01 09:39 ]

FM

Please.....stop.

On 2014-01-19 07:45, lucas vigor wrote:
But the action (and spelling police pursuits) is/are better over at talkbass..

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f34/signing-off-1046959/index13.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo&sns=em

FM

If you and ATP had any balls, then come up to me in person at the ITMP and offer me the apology like a man. Bunch of internet cowboys with plastic guns.

On 2014-01-19 09:39, Fez Moai wrote:
If you and ATP had any balls, then come up to me in person at the ITMP and offer me the apology like a man. Bunch of internet cowboys with plastic guns.

It is you that needs to apologize to SoccerTiki & Don the Beachcomber for your conduct
in no way was it an ethical way to do business.

As my other point is very valid & you have said nothing to prove otherwise, but instead suggested
I was bullying & trolling you for asking & pointing it out.

Sven is a well respected person here and has exercised his right to comment, just as I did.
but he did not have all the facts at the time he made that comment, he now does & what he thinks
or condones is entirely up to him to decide.

If you yourself can try to understand how all this looks on the surface (suspicious) you certainly have
made no attempt to alleviate my concerns & instead clammed up & got argumentative
and it's not only me who is curious but the entire Tiki community that you may be selling your goods to in the future
& so far I don't like what I have seen from you.

I admittedly put you on the defensive to see what you would say or do about the issue & I think your own words
prove there is something substantial to my questions & points, I will leave it to other readers of this thread to decide for themselves.

FM

Could someone please ban this guy again? The problem is that you're assuming that I must explain something to you to your satisfaction. I need not explain nor satisfy. You mean nothing to me. Your opinions mean nothing to me. Your willful continuance of harassment means something to me and it's ticking me off. If you were an adult, any of your concerns would have been brought up to me immediately, in person or in private, so that this could have been worked out. Funny, I talked to Woohoowahine after I met with Sven and explained what happened. This is not the forum for your continual accusations and tomfoolery. Are you slow? Seriously. If you are then it will explain a lot because you are acting like some child with ADD. GO AWAY!!!!!!

[ Edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-19 12:01 ]

FM

I'm getting messages from people telling me that they avoid this site now because of you. You are driving people AWAY from here. Others are saying "oh, he's a nice guy in person" but a real d!ck on here.

FM

You remind me of some guy I used to know. Only child, slightly autistic, very smart and computer savvy. He had ZERO social skills and not many friends. A social group accepted him in and within a year he had torn it apart with these same tactics.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you a Tiki Central re-enactment of this memorable scene from Dumb and Dumber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrbKn5boVPA

Starring: People who should really know better.

I'm with Sven on this one; this topic should have been locked a long time ago. I U-Moderated this topic for lockdown yesterday. Alas, I am but a disturbed child in the giant sandbox that is Tiki Central. Boy golly, I wish some adults would show up. :o

T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-19 13:11 ]

FM

Lock it down, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Anyway, my stuff is still for sale, which is what this thread is originally about. Everything I've sold since the beginning has been less than the asking price, anyone that's bought something here can vouch for that. PM for the deals. Hopefully I can start a new one without the added drama.
"Are you not entertained?!"
-Maximus from Gladiator

[ Edited by: Fez Moai 2014-01-19 13:43 ]

FM

Heeeeeeeeerrrrreee's Fezzy! Hey guys, I was able to find a sympathetic ear and will get a half-spot to this Saturday's International Tiki Marketplace. I'm having a special on the medium and large wooden barrel lights at $100 each for the event. Bring a large car for these! I'll have the abalone shells at $25 and I'll give away a Bahooka item freebie with all purchases. As I have limited space, please let me know through here or PM if you are interested in something and I'll make sure to bring it. Thanks!

FM

The next wave of items are being shipped out tomorrow to New York, Texas, Arizona, and California!

Thanks so much for my Bahooka parrot!

He's great and that was really nice of you!

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 20:16 ]

I finally finished wiring and hanging my Bahooka Parrot, Float, and Drambuie Crate from FM, I still have a barrel to hang too:

Loki-Tiki great to see them lit up.

Now..how about you come visit Oakland and help me with my parrot :)

Absolutely SandraDee! Until I get up to NorCal, pick up one of these and an LED nightlight bulb:

(I have seen these at Lowes too)

FM

They all look so happy hanging up, "sniff".

FM

On 2014-01-28 18:46, hottiki wrote:
Big Kahuna and Sandra Dee, I had got a Parrot last year and now am happy to add a small Bahooka barrel light to the Tapahut. Looks pretty good hanging up and have Fez Moai to thank. He is more than fair and easy to get along with. On top of the barrel states "MEE CHUN CANNING CO., HONG KONG" and researching so far shows it could be up to 85 years old. I don't think Fez Moai's stockpile of Bahooka items are going to last much longer, as they say...Get'em while their hot !!!

I don't know how high your ceiling is, but be careful not to bump your noggin on that barrel. I have to check the other barrels to see what they have written on them. I just grabbed a few from storage to take to the event last week.

Loki, I did the same thing, but I painted the cord brown with some automotive vinyl paint, so it blends in more.

Home depot sell the cords Loki mentioned and they are already brown. In the ceiling fan ceiling light department.

The light and the abalone shells arrived in great shape. Can't wait to put them up. Thanks FM!

EJ

Fez,

Thanks for the shell and order cards. When we meet the first round is on me.

FM

Bump. Still have some great stuff!

Pages: 1 2 94 replies