Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2014 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (October 3,4,5) CRAWL PICTURES

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies

I didn't get that email Marlene. Did you send it to all the hosts?

Darilyn

Attention All Crawlers!!

Things are shaping up at the Kohana Wahine Lounge for a great stop on your crawl. The forecast for that day is currently 94 degrees! The pool will be open so bring along your swim suits (and cellulite).

I've hired entertainment this year. The show starts at 1:15 pm sharp so don't be late.

We'll be having Hawaiian food (catered of course, you really don't want me to do the cooking).
I'm planning on two cocktails, beer and soft drinks.

If you're looking for something to do in the morning before the crawl, that weekend is Elk Grove's annual Giant Pumpkin Festival. It's in the neighborhood at Elk Grove Park just minutes from your crawl stops. https://www.facebook.com/events/1474960739452705/
Old Elk Grove is awesome too. You'll be passing through it between stops. Check out some of the unique shops there.

Aloha,
Darilyn

Wow liddlelola this sounds just great.

Old town has shops and antique stores. Our home is just 1 mile away. The giant pumpkins in the park are fun to see too.

Cheers, Wendy

On 2014-09-28 11:05, LiddleLola wrote:
Attention All Crawlers!!

Things are shaping up at the Kohana Wahine Lounge for a great stop on your crawl. The forecast for that day is currently 94 degrees! The pool will be open so bring along your swim suits (and cellulite).

I've hired entertainment this year. The show starts at 1:15 pm sharp so don't be late.

Darilyn,

I'm confused. The schedule I received said your stop is not scheduled until 2:30 pm. Does that mean we need to get there 1 hour and 15 minutes early?

Getting close...watch for last minute changes in the schedule her, on FaceBook and in the eMail.

THERE ARE LOCATION/TIME CHANGES FOR SATURDAY.

Be sure to check out the last version of the stops that I sent per email yesterday. Darilyn and Wendy/Dan swapped spots.

If you did not get yesterday's email, please message me with your email address.

Should be great weather this weekend.

Thank you Vamp for making the changes. Now everyone will be rocking to a band at Liddlelola's while swimming in her pool!

So what's happening at our home that differs from the previous years we've hosted. We'll still have a lot of food and drink. Dan says he's making Dan's mystery punch. All the rest will be party trays because we like to take it easy.

Savage Tiki was ravaged by the Napa Earthquake and some of his favorite mugs were crushed or damaged. He's bringing a few to see if I can repair them. So I'll do a repair demonstration. That is how I became a mug maker. It all stared with fixing chips and fractures on Dan's vintage mugs.

Then for fun I've made up 20 bags of Tiki or Hawaiian goodies. Everyone who comes will get a free raffle ticket for the drawing.
Some could be Zonks or not. I just cleaned out my drawers and made the bags.

We have been so good at water rationing that our front lawn is pretty ugly so today Dan did use some water to hose off the patio and furniture for the crawl.

If you have purchased a mug from me I will have them all in our car trunk and they'll be at each stop during the three days.
Please bring cash or a personal check ($60 each) because I don't have a smart phone to do credit.

See you all in a few days, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-09-30 21:04 ]

Two more steps completed for our Cap City Tiki Crawl 2014

Vamp look for this sign in the first slot of our driveway.

I made the bucket for the raffle drawing. Each ticket will have two sides with the same number. Tear it in half.
Put half in the bucket and half in your pocket. No touching the bags for clues tiki crawlers!

Cheers, Wendy

Crawlers may park in our driveway, except the spot closest to the entry, as that is reserved for Marlene. Also our neighbor to the LEFT of our house, the one doing all the low water landscaping in the front yard, has also invited guests to use any available spot in their driveway.
We are still working on fun surprises.

**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CURRENT STARTING TIME FOR THE HEADHUNTER'S HIDEAWAY AND JUNGLE ROOM LOUNGE IS 6:45 PM - NO EARLY BIRDS PLEASE!
WE WILL OPEN AT 6:45 PM AND NOT A MINUTE SOONER - JUST WORKING FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL - MAHALO PLENTY FOR UNDERSTANDING! **

T

Things are really shaping up and I'm excited! I know when there are room crawls at events people are reminded to bring some dollars and tip the hosts. Seems like we should be doing this, no?

THE HEADHUNTER'S HIDEAWAY AND JUNGLE ROOM LOUNGE presents our 1st photo contest and raffle

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.911067328912137.1073741855.681268731891999&type=3&uploaded=6#!/events/1446919752258641/

Some of the entertainment currently being planned here:
Facebook Photo Contest – 2 Tiki Awards, People’s Choice, (based on the number of “Likes” received by 12 AM Nov. 1st), The TikiMojo Award (best photo as selected by award winning professional photographer David R Bennion)
Rules: Photo can be any subject or person at The Headhunter's Hideaway, Inside, Front or Backyard. You may use any and all filters or effects to create the image you want.
Must be posted to The Headhunter's Hideaway Facebook page and/or TAG The Headhunter's Hideaway. If photo can't be seen it can't be judged.
Final decisions on both awards will be made by David Bennion.

These are the Photo Contest Prizes:

Front

Back

and the Raffle Prize:

[ Edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2014-10-02 10:09 ]

This is going to be fun. Tomorrow it starts!!! Wendy

Guided Tours of The Headhunter's Hideaway at 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM & 9:00 PM :tiki:

Enjoy one enjoy them all.

I will need a tour...the one without the snakes...LOL

If you haven't been to the Tank House before here are some helpful hints.

J street is one way going East. So go down K street to 19th and turn north (right).
Then turn right again on J street. The Tank House is immediately over the train tracks on your left.

There are a few parking spots along it's side. There is street parking with meters and lot's that say $5 per day.

Inside view.

Tiki Hula has told us the food is great and it's one of his favorite restaurants.

See you at the crawl, Wendy

don't follow wendy's directions. 19th street is one way going south.

T

Actually I haven't been to the Tank House yet. I was just saying that BBQ is my favorite food :)

Unfortunately since I work in El Dorado Hills I probably won't be able to make it to there in time. If not see you all at Dale and Tonie's!

Did I remember that incorrectly? Horrors we were just there yesterday. Then go to 18th and turn north Right and then Right again on J street. It was really hard yesterday. We spent a half an hour trying to find this restaurant because of the one way streets.

I did remember Tiki Hula's statement wrong. I think he loves Dickey's? Is that right? Wendy

Dan is all spruced up for the crawl.

I've loaded up the cruiser with the 2014 Crawl mugs. See you soon. Wendy and Dan

First day of the crawl and it was super. Tiki Tonie's and Dale put on a party to beat all parties. First it was as if we were in Hawaii. Their back yard is stunning. They had enough food to last days and had a fully stocked tiki bar with Mahalo Tiki mixing drinks. The marketplace was so much fun I'm going to let the venders set up in our living room tomorrow to do it all again.
I got a spoon and fork set from Tacky Tiki that I'll hang tomorrow.

Tomorrow, wow I am so excited to continue this one big fun party. Cheers I'm off to sleep, Wendy

I've posted Day one of the crawl on facebook Sacramento Ohana page and now I'll do it all again!

This is the home of Tiki Tonie and Dale.

Part of their tiki collection.

Muskrat and wife.

Dan and Cole.

Dale and Nelson.

Tiki Tonie is a wonderful ceramicist. She made the monkey head that Tiki Hula is holding.

He lit the rum soaked sugar cube.

Slowhandtikiman and myself (Wendy). He takes old cracked up bucket mugs and uses a tile cutter to take out the sneaky tiki and to make the most wonderful vintage necklaces. $20. I love mine.

Cole, Tacky Tiki Barbara and Cole's wife Jenny.

Deb, John, Eva, Wendy and VampiressRN.

Deb, Dr. Tiki Mojo, Tiki Tonie, Wendy, John and Slowhandtikiman.

We had the most perfect start to the crawl. Thank you hosts for the great party.

To those I missed photographing please forgive me.

If you took photos please post them here and on facebook.

Another day begins, cheers, Wendy

NOTE: I've invited all those selling to set up at our home on Saturday for Marketplace part 2. Our living room is open for you to set up tables. We all love to shop!!!

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-10-04 08:21 ]

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=5580&5597

This is where I've posted day two and three of the crawl. It just couldn't have been better. Cheers, Wendy

FYI to all who attended our Crawl on Saturday and visited THE HEADHUNTER'S HIDEAWAY AND JUNGLE ROOM LOUNGE the photo contest is still open and going. Over 36 people experienced the "Tour" and even more attended. I saw many cameras, phone cameras, etc.....all may enter. There have still only been 3 or 4 people who have posted photos of our stop and we need at least 5 before the contest is officially under way!
You don't have to be a professional or even a great photographer.....that one good shot that maybe you tweeked with instagram filters could be the winner of one of the TWO GECKO'z South Sea Arts prizes!
:sheckymug: :D
https://www.facebook.com/events/1446919752258641/

[ Edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2014-10-10 17:42 ]

Dave...I am certainly not a photo talent and this was more of an after thought.

Well Done Vamp. Wendy

A big thanks to all the wonderful hosts we had this year. Buddy at the Tankhouse...thank you so much for the special menu of fabulous Tiki drinks...my first Pain Killers...yum!!! Tonie and Dale...your yard and bar is totally rockin...great job!!! Darilyn, your place keeps getting better, loved the grapefruit cocktail and the Polynesian drummers/dancers were a real treat. Wendy and Dan, as always you stun the crawlers with your awesome collection and the raffle was a wonderful surprise. Dave & Eva everyone was delighted with your eclectic decor and thanks for the raffle and delicious dinner. The Fox & Goose had awesome drinks and food, but getting and keeping a table was a hassle, probably will avoid there in the future. Lauren, we love having you as a standard stop on the crawl...thanks for always having libations and your wonderful store for the Tiki-shopaholics. Barb & Audrey, how fun your new home is, we all had a blast. Nelson & Mary, we love finishing the crawl at your store...it is a shopping heaven and a wonderful finish to the weekend. Shout out to all the great crawlers too.

I've already got some host volunteers for 2015. Mark & Selena are in a new place in Woodland and are working on resurrecting a new Tiki Lounge to host our group Friday night. Lloyd is also hoping to snag a spot on Saturday. We are all looking forward to having Keith host on Saturday or Sunday so we can have a Bocce Ball Tournament. Lauren is looking forward to having a Sunday slot, and hopefully we can end with Nelson and Mary's shop. A few other folks also said they might be interesting in hosting, so if anyone else is interested just send me a message. Here's looking forward to the 10th crawl in 2015.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2014-10-11 01:19 ]

We loved all of our guests at the crawl. What a terrific group of people. It was just a perfect crawl. Thank you so much Marlene aka VampiressRN.

New stops are such a blast. We never mind skipping a year of hosting to have new places to go.

Later this year or early next, Dan plans to have a tiki garage sale to make room for new finds. That will be fun too.

Thank you all for showing up for the greatest party of the year. Hugs, Wendy and Dan aka danlovestikis

Here is my other picture Dave.

A few folks suggested holding our Cap City Crawl a little later in the year when it is cooler. Just want to get feedback from the locals here so we don't bump up against anyone. plus we don't want to get caught in the rain. I would like to get back to a standard weekend so below are the way the October weekends roll out.

2015 DATES

~October 2,3,4 (our CURRENT WEEKEND)
~October 10,11 (NOT an option-Palm Springs Mod)
~October 16,17,18 (NOT an option-South Bay Crawl)
~October 24,25,26 (think this is open so is a POSSIBLE OPTION)
~October 30,31/November 1 (think this is open so is a POSSIBLE OPTION but might interfere with Halloween)
~November 7,8,9 (think this is open so is s POSSIBLE OPTION)

T

I say don't mess with it - the weather was perfect this year. The weather is usually really good at the beginning of October but not hot like earlier in September. Any later and it may be cold and rainy which would be a bummer considering all the time, money, commitment and planning that goes into this. Just my two cents :)

It was pretty hot for some who attended. I think that the 3rd weekend is full of Halloween parties that would interfere.
The first weekend really looks like the only one we can use successfully.

October just seems to be filled with events. Has May ever been considered? Caliente is that month, I wonder if that's all.

I think if we did our crawl in May then going to the South Bay Crawl in October would be more fun. Just thinking, Wendy

I agree Mike. We will stay with the first weekend in October and avoid other activities including Halloween.

Been very busy at work and home projects, so when I have some down time I will get our pictures up on the website and post the link.

Any takers for hosting in 2015?

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies