Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Stitch Tiki at Aulani Resort

Pages: 1 17 replies

J

Hello All! I am looking for a Stitch Tiki like the one they have at the Aulani Resort. My daughter is getting married on June 1 and would really like to have one to go with her "Retro Hawaiian with a Disney Twist" theme. Is there anyone out there that would be able to make one of these? If so could you please send me a message with your information and a quote. I very much appreciate all of your time and allowing me to be a member of this fine and fun website!

Mahalo
Janet :)

What's a Stitch tiki look like?

Buzzy Out!

Eric Tan designed the Tiki Stitch. http://erictanart.blogspot.com/2011/08/tiki-stitch-meet-lava-stitch.html?m=1

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-02-19 12:41 ]

On 2014-02-19 12:26, jlfaa wrote:
Hello All! I am looking for a Stitch Tiki like the one they have at the Aulani Resort. My daughter is getting married on June 1 and would really like to have one to go with her "Retro Hawaiian with a Disney Twist" theme. Is there anyone out there that would be able to make one of these? If so could you please send me a message with your information and a quote. I very much appreciate all of your time and allowing me to be a member of this fine and fun website!

Mahalo

you had me at "retro Hawaiian with a Disney twist!"
:)

You can buy 1 on eBay for $125.00. Just do a search for Eric Tan Stitch.

J

I have seen the Eric Tan Stitch, this is different. It is a Stitch Statue Tiki that was created for the Disney Aulani Resort. I don't know how to post a picture on this website or I would but here is a link of what the statue looks like. It does not need to be this large.

https://www.google.com/search?q=stitch+statue+aulani&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oRcFU_G0OoyIogSVqICQCQ&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1112&bih=768

Thank You all! :)

There may be copyright and licensing issues if someone tries to reproduce one for you. Not to mention that it would be very, very expensive to custom make something like this.

Yes, they are different. It would be nice if Disney sold those, they're very cute.

J

Thank You Mr. Vigor, I think the copy right and licensing would be the problem. I know it seems silly, but she is my only child and I just want her special day to be filled with things that she wants to make her happy! I have contacted Oceanic Arts and they were very helpful they referred me to a person at Disney, unfortunately Disney said they couldn't help and told me to try ebay. I tried contacting a few tiki carvers locally (Southern California) and one suggested I post on Tiki Central. That is how I got here. I appreciate all of the time you all have taken to reply to my post.

Mahalo,
Janet

This is the Stitch that Janet would like.

The Eric Tan Stitch is wearing a Hawaiian warrior helmet along with some other differences.

I sincerely doubt Disney will be hunting anyone down over a carving for a wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if a carver on here contacted you privately.

Best of luck to your daughter.

J
jlfaa posted on Wed, Feb 19, 2014 2:11 PM

Oh Thank You TikiLongBeach and all of you others! I really appreciate you help! It doesn't have to be as large as the original, I would just like to be able to find one for her wedding, to help make her day special. I am headed down to Anaheim tomorrow for a convention and thought if I had time I would look in some of the stores in Downtown Disney as well, but being that the woman at Disney told me they don't have anything like that, I doubt I will find something. If any of you are able to make something like this even in a smaller version, please contact me and give me a quote. I really appreciate all of your time. Thank You so very much!

Mahalo,

K

There's definitely zero tiki+stitch around the parks. Hope you can figure something out though!

Janet are you on Facebook?

The reason I ask is because there are carvers who post on Facebook in groups such as Tiki and I LOVE TIKI (you can search for other groups ) that don't post on here that may be able to carve what you want as well.

Also there are a lot of carvers who used to post on here exclusively but Facebook just gives them a wider and more open forum to share their work so they won't see your post on here.

Its worth a shot and good luck!

J
jlfaa posted on Thu, Feb 20, 2014 7:55 AM

Thank You SandraDee! Funny, Sandra Dee also happens to be my daughter' favorite, "Gidget", therefore the "Retro-Hawaiian" theme. I am on Facebook and have contacted one carver who happens to be local to where I live. Thank you I will look for more. Thanks again to all of you out there who have spent the time to give me your thoughts, it is very much appreciated!

Mahalo,

If a hand carved Stitch is cost prohibitive maybe this picture will be ok? It's available for $150 on the Disney Store website.

http://www.disneystore.com/tiki-trouble-giclee-by-james-c-mulligan/mp/1352371/1000272/

On 2014-02-20 07:55, jlfaa wrote:
I am on Facebook and have contacted one carver who happens to be local to where I live.

If you do get this carved, please come back and share a pic of it, I'd love to see!

J
jlfaa posted on Sat, Mar 1, 2014 7:33 PM

TikiLongBeach, Wow! I never even saw that on the disney store. It must be new. Thank You so very much for the time you have spent to send me updates and information. You all have been so wonderful. I have a friend who does wood carving of helicopters, I saw him at the convention I was at and he told me he'd see what he could do. He sort of gave a sigh of "oh no" when I told him the date of the wedding, but said he would figure something out. With all of the members help on this group site and all of the other contacts I've got, I'm sure something will work out and I will be sure to take pictures and post them here. Thank You ALL!!! Janet

Pages: 1 17 replies