Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Tiki Torture Bamboo Bar

Pages: 1 2 3 95 replies

Thanks for the kind words! Nice, friendly bump!

I just got two oil rain lamps thanks to a buddy of mine; one table top and one hanging. Pics soon.

Maholo Tiki just sent me their very last Kai Ku Diver mug. Shows number five. Thank you guys!

Wendy is also working on my official home bar mug; I am so excited!

Tiki Tonie is making me a killer Shrunken Monkey too!

My good friend, Notch, is going to carve me up a 4 or 5 foot Ku soon too!

I love this culture, and I can't wait to meet more of you!

Well, I've been lazy, but I want to get some custom trim made for the bar wall. Here I go...

[ Edited by: Jungle John 2015-02-28 23:40 ]

Thanks John! This is actually only the third time I have used my new plunge router. I'm just thankful I can burn my novice work, making it passible, by looking "old."

Lots of inspiration on here; MonkeyMan, Notch, Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al, Wendy, Grog, Bosko... too many rad people to list!

Thanks to all the Tiki Tiki's on here!

Big thanks to Mahalo Tiki! I received my Limited Edition Careless Navigator in blue today; I ordered early and got #1! They also sold me the last Kai Ku Diver, #5, from their own collection, as they have been sold out for quite a while!

I found some old mugs, some new, some limited, and two oil rain lamps; one needs a cleaning and plants, both need Tikis installed in the middle.

The custom routered trim in the background was not acquired, I made it.

Nice collection.

Thanks everyone!

I made some more trim today.

T

Killer trim. Love the classic tapa look combined with your own spin in the other tapa forms. Dig it. All.

J

Fantastic thus far! Keep the photos coming.

You've been busy since I last checked. You are only 2 1/2 hours away. One day we will have to visit or you'll have to come to our home. Hummm maybe to pick up your mug and necklace? Wendy

Wendy, Sounds like fun!!!

Really fun and fantastic woodwork!!!

OK, so I have decided to remodel Tiki Torture Bamboo Bar. The bar takes up too much space, is hardly ever used, and doesn't leave much space to sit, or lounge. So it is being taken down, I started last weekend, and I am building more of a Lounge, with a big saltwater fish tank. On the sides and tops of the tank I am building lit shelves, to display mugs and such. I acquired three big Bamboo pieces of furniture over the weekend too; a couch and two chairs, really well built and heavy duty. Progress pictures to come.

Good luck with your revamp...the plan sounds interesting. Bring on the bamboo!!!

T

Looks like a real NICE place for a Tiki visit!!!

The top palm roof and tank have been removed...

Took a break from the Lounge remodel. Built a reclaimed redwood coffee table.

M

Nice work building the table.

Bar is out. Time to pull up the floor, start framing the built in shelving, install the saltwater aquarium, etc, etc...

Great Tiki Room bruddah
Dig the look
Sad to see the bar come down/move but if ya need more room I understand
Looks like your having a blast with the router
Keep up the fun
And keep posting pics

I'd like to see a few drinks in your mugs
:)

Jon

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2015-04-08 12:38 ]

On 2015-03-30 11:41, IDoVoodoo wrote:
OK, so I have decided to remodel Tiki Torture Bamboo Bar. The bar takes up too much space, is hardly ever used, and doesn't leave much space to sit, or lounge.

Although I'm in a transitional apartment situation, I had a similar experience a few years ago. My bar was more of a display area; I made drinks in the nearby kitchen. So I feel the 'lounge' is really more important for socializing or just relaxing. Nice work on the table and I'm looking forward to your updates to your space!

My vote for the lounge too. I only had space to do one or the other and it came down to being able to relax with a drink and put your feet up. You had a nice bar going while it lasted though.

Wow, thanks for all the encouragement!

Tiki torture arrrrrgh!!

Crazy Kids!!! :wink:

Hello! Big update!

I was planning on building shelving with a fish tank built in, but I came across this amazing piece and had to jump on it! It's about 5 feet wide. Not sure about the age.

Sorry about the messy room. (Under Construction)

Wow that is nice and the furbies approve. Nice find!!!

Tiki Modern?

Hung some more on the ceiling. Wish I had a better camera.

Wow, that is an unbelievable piece of furniture! I am jealous! I have seen the bamboo tanks but not built into a piece of furniture, great find, can't wait to see what you do with it! Check out my saltwater reef aquarium.

Aloha!

On 2015-04-29 02:43, IDoVoodoo wrote:
Hello! Big update!

I was planning on building shelving with a fish tank built in, but I came across this amazing piece and had to jump on it! It's about 5 feet wide. Not sure about the age.

Man, that piece is a stunner! How I wish I had the space in my lounge to rock a piece like that! All I can manage at this point is a small aquarium with a dry-for-wet diorama in it. (After a few years of the real thing I just got tired -- and depressed -- re. fish dying on me!)

I

On 2015-06-01 00:32, KreepyTiki wrote:

On 2015-04-29 02:43, IDoVoodoo wrote:
Hello! Big update!

I hear you; it's a lot of work. But I haven't had any saltwater fish in years, and I miss it! I really want a Lionfish and a Puffer, of course!

Man, that piece is a stunner! How I wish I had the space in my lounge to rock a piece like that! All I can manage at this point is a small aquarium with a dry-for-wet diorama in it. (After a few years of the real thing I just got tired -- and depressed -- re. fish dying on me!)

I

I

I

Just got these today!

Playing with color change lighting.

I tore out the bar, as I wrote before, and am building a Lounge. Here's a sneak peek of the lower cabinet frame and doors.

Cabinet image is sideways.

On 2015-06-06 23:45, IDoVoodoo wrote:
Just got these today!

Awesome Room! Looking to do a similar thing to my office soon. Love the Trader Sam's mugs. I LOOOOVVVVE my Nautilus too! One question though. Whre did you find that cool led torch swizzle stick??? Must have for libations...

Totally diggin' what you have going on here.... great stuff!!!

I
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.