Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Godzilla artshow at Creature Features, featuring some great tiki artists!

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Hey everybody!

GODZILLA: All Art Attack! is Creature Features next gallery art show!

The show opens Sunday, May 11th, and will feature some great tiki artists, including Brad Parker, Jake Geiger, Junkhauler (Cass McCure), Rebecca Lord, and I'll even have some work in the show!

More details and complete artist line up to come!

Creature Features is located at:
2904 West. Magnolia Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505

Thanks fer lookin'
Yer pal,
Eric October

I think a roadtrip is in order!

T

Hey everybody!

In addition to the great tiki artists already mentioned, including Brad Parker, Jake Geiger, Junkhauler (Cass McCure), Rebecca Lord, the following awesome tiki artist will be contributing work:

BigToe
Cammo
tikithomas08 (Thomas Fernandez)

Here's the artist roster so far for the show:

William Stout
Ricardo Delgado
Zac Amendolia
BigToe
Jeff Carlson
Aiden Casserly
Lee Copeland
Jesse D’angelo
Frank Dietz 
John Fasano
Thomas Fernandez
Sam Ford
Jake Geiger
Jesse Guiher
Kenneth J. Hall
Lee Johnson
Phil Joyce
Junkhauler
Rebecca Lord
Russ Lukich
Cam MacMillan
Chris Mason
Woody Miller
Ken Mitchroney
Aidan Monahan
Ken Morgan 
Eric October
Eric O’Neill
Brad Parker
Jeff Pittarelli
Jason Profant
Alex Quntero
Jon Schnepp
Samantha Secor
Amber Skowronski
Eric Swartz
Woody Welch
David Zeggart

Still working on confirmation of a few more pieces, but we have a great line-up so far, the show is going to be amazing!

Thanks fer lookin'
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2014-04-25 17:57 ]

FM

I'll definitely try to make it. Eric, I have a scarf that belonged to Ichizo Kobayashi, the founder of Toho Co., which created the Godzilla movies. If you'd like, I can bring it along.

C
Cammo posted on Thu, May 1, 2014 2:22 PM

I'm making some limited-edition posters for the show, small size and BIG GODZILLA SIZE!

About 18 monsters represented, lots of high-res jokes & details that only Kaiju fans will get!

Printed in Japan on real paper!

"The Attack of Eiji Tsuburaya" - starring Nick Adams as Ultraman!

(Does the Mothra egg count as a monster?...)

T

The Mothra egg counts as TWO monsters, if it's the egg from 1964's Mothra vs Godzilla!

A couple more tiki artists joining the line up: Little Lost Tiki and Anthony Carpenter will be contributing a piece to the show too!

Here's a sneak peek at the ceramic pieces I'll have for the show:

The artwork is starting to come in, and WOW! This is going to be one incredible show!

Hope to see everybody there!

Thanks fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

[ Edited by: tobunga 2014-05-06 13:08 ]

C
Cammo posted on Thu, May 8, 2014 9:17 AM

"The Mothra egg counts as TWO monsters, if it's the egg from 1964's Mothra vs Godzilla"

Wow, they sure got the right guy to curate this show!!!!!!

Eric, your work looks great - be sure to eventually post pics once everything gets rolling. Nothin' like Godzilla to inspire the deepest depths of artistic angst!

In 1954 Godzilla was a mere 50 meters (164 ft). In the newest movie, Godzilla is estimated to be 150 meters (492 ft). For comparison the Empire State Building in New York City stands at 381 meters (1250 ft). Incarnations of Godzilla went from 13% of the height of the Empire State Building to nearly 40% of the height in just 60 years. It took cetaceans 55 million years to go from 2.5 meters (8.2 ft) to 30 meters (98 ft) in length.

http://deepseanews.com/2014/05/godzilla/

Great little trivia snippet Lori, but it was the Radiation
Radiation makes stuff big (I just watched "Them!")

I would assume the radiation is why Godzilla keeps getting bigger. The person that wrote the article seems to have forgotten that fact, although they did calculate all sorts of biological functions the King of all Monsters would produce. Ick.

C
Cammo posted on Fri, May 9, 2014 8:01 PM

Just write "Baby Godzilla" on the lower left of the graph, and "Adult Godzilla" at the lower right!

T

Hey Everybody!

This is the last weekend for the Godzilla: All Art Attack!

The gallery is open Saturday from 11am to 6pm and Sunday from 11am to 4pm. I'll be there on Sunday... stop by and say "Hai!"

The show looks great, we received tons of amazing work. The opening was a big success. We had a huge turn out... lots of tiki people came, it was almost a tiki event! We sold a lot of artwork at the opening too, so all in all, it was an amazing show!

Here are some shots of the gallery. I'll post some close up photos of some of the pieces too.

T

Here are my ceramic pieces for the show, and a small colored pencil piece!

T

Here is some of the incredible work that was on display at Creature Features Gallery for Godzilla: All Art Attack!

All Hail the King, 20x24 Digital media by Jake Geiger

Gojira Surfs, 22x28 acrylic on canvas by BigToe

Like Gojira, Man, 20x24 acrylic on canvas by Thomas Fernandez

Dekai Hedorah, 34x24 polyester resin, rigid foam, vacuform by Cass "Junkhauler" McClure

Versus, 6x8x6 mixed media by Sam Ford

Godzilla at Sea, 42x60, copper and neon by Lindsay Vivian

History Shows Again and Again How Nature Points Out the Folly of Man... 9.25x11.5 oil on wood by Bryan Willette

Unhappy Little Trees 13x22x13 Mixed media by Russ Lukich

[ Edited by: tobunga 2014-06-01 13:39 ]

Thanks, tobunga! Sorry we missed you today, but were glad we finally made it to the show yesterday.
Lots of good stuff and most of it had already sold, so cheers to you & all the artists.

We hadn't been to Creature Features before - what a great store!

Very cool stuff by everyone. That last piece really made me laugh...unhappy little trees. HAHA

• Dale

Pages: 1 15 replies