Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Jeff 'Beachbum' Berry will open Latitude 29 in New Orleans

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

WOW!!! Place looks classic and beautiful. Contributors such as Bosko and Danny, a.k.a Tiki Diablo did a awesome job. Hope I will make it there one day. :D

Clean and classy looking. Sure do appreciate the pictures, as I may not make it to that part in the world.

Just got back from a week in chilly N.O. and spent a few warm nights at Latitude. Great time there: nice crowd, solid and friendly bartenders, terrific decor and got to meet The Beachbum. Not a large space. Drinks were beautifully balanced. Highlights: Mai Tai (yes, really), Zombie (not super strong, but nicely balanced), Suffering Bastard, and the unexpected winner of the week was Professor Remberg's Punch (a punched up Ti' Punch).

Steve.

Here's a photo of us on our first night. I'm posting it because the L29 Swizzle is in the forefront and it's definitely a great swizzle.

I got to be at Latitude 29 for New Year's Eve and it was fantastic. We had a countdown and at Midnight, they blew a conch and we all stepped outside and watched the fireworks over the Mississippi!

I'm sure the drinks will be off the hook great.

Just wish he had Bamboo Ben do the decor.

-Longboard

I dig Ben's stuff, no doubt.

But I must say, from the photos I see, Bosko did an incredible job. Perfect combination of tiki/polynesian pop, yet still maintaining its southern charm.

Hope to make it there some day.

P
PremEx posted on Fri, Jan 9, 2015 4:07 PM

Just posted some pics in the Locating Tiki forum:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=47521&forum=2&vpost=734802

On 2015-01-08 18:33, Tiki Shaker wrote:
I dig Ben's stuff, no doubt.

But I must say, from the photos I see, Bosko did an incredible job. Perfect combination of tiki/polynesian pop, yet still maintaining its southern charm.

Hope to make it there some day.

The Bum's bar is gorgeous. It's extremely tastefully done. It has all the charm of tiki and none of the cheesiness. It's a truly beautiful establishment.

I posted a review in the tiki travel forum. Long story short (that story was long. If you make it through all my ramblings, shake up a mai tai and enjoy - you deserve it!) it was a great time. Decor is spot-on (how can you go wrong with Bosko?). Service is impeccable. Food is good. Drinks are better.

Tell 'em the Atlanta guy sent you. They may actually even remember me. Maybe.

congrats to Mr. and Mrs. The Bum--

Latitude 29 named one of Esquire magazine's Best Bars in America. ("You're having-- the Nui Nui....)

Pages: 1 2 57 replies