Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Janesin Tiki Hut Bedroom Remodel

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Been working on our Master Bedroom. The wife and I have a nice collection of new and vintage rattan and wicker furniture pieces.

While pulling up the old carpet to prep for pergo flooring, I came across the original 1960s hardwood floor. The hardwood had some damage, but after 3 days of sanding and staining, I was able to bring the floor back to it's glory days!

Had a blast picking out the wall colors, we went with "Youthful Coral" and "Emerald Coast" The two colors give a great vibe and look great next to rattan!

The search for the perfect bedroom furniture was not easy. We found a couple of sets that the wife and I both liked, but were out of our price range. Finally my wife came across this amazing set from a lady who was moving across the country and was unable to take it with her. She said the set was made in Hawaii and was from the late 70s. We absolutely love each piece.

The Rattan Vanity Set and Bookshelf are new pieces we bought, they complement our vintage bedroom set.

It's still a work in progress, I plan to add some bamboo trim for the crown molding. We would like Island style shutters on the windows and closet. Our ceiling fan needs to be replaced with a rattan or tropical leaf looking fan. Now we're having fun decorating the room with our collectables and art.

Hoping to have the bedroom done by August, next up is our Tiki Living room/Bar!
Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
TikiSwag

Looks great! Glad we aren't the only ones who have spread tiki to the bedroom (that sounds a little naughty!) Where did that cocktail pillow come from?

Nice. Really like the color choices. Fun look and I'm betting you are really enjoying the natural wood floor.

• Dale
PP

very cool! I too love the colors you picked out as well as the super cool furniture! Ive got some of those flamingos too, love em!!! cant wait to see some more pix!!
paul

Very nice indeed, your whole set and the art work is wonderful. Keeping it Tiki!!!!

Love it!

I especially like that pillow as well. Please share your source. Pretty please?

Pages: 1 5 replies