Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Work in Progress Sunroom Bar

Pages: 1 6 replies

We started making this work-in-progress sunroom bar last year. We have a colonial garrison home in New Hampshire. So this room is a fun departure from the rest of the house style. We have a few functional criteria which went into this room:

-We have a lot of friends and family over, have two kids and two cats. So this is a functional room to use & enjoy, not a museum.
-It is a 14 foot X 16 foot sunroom, and it the main access point from the main house to the pool and deck, back yard and gardens. So we elected to keep the strong wood plank floor for this reason: lots of foot traffic in-and-out.
-Most items we found bottom feeding at yard sales, antique stores, on-line, family, etc. Example: the three chairs & desk lamp were free from Dad, have yet to be re-designed & re-upholstered to something more fitting.
-I have the bamboo bar & four stools in but have not yet got any refrigerator, water, liquor storage, etc. Currently use quick access to the house kitchen.

So a few details regarding the room so far:

-The six overhead bamboo lamps were from the defunct New Asian restaurant in Newington New Hampshire.
-The one overhead chunk pendant light was ordered directly from Roger Bodine. Great guy to work with and e-mail, love the lamp.
-The carving is about 6 foot tall, solid, very heavy. We found it at an antique store in New Hampshire.
-We got the four metal barstools for $10 USD from a local Church yard sale; pic 6 and 7. They were black crushed velvet, bought some outdoor fabric + matte gold spray paint and re-did them.
-The various tiki mugs and scorpion bowls are stored inside the wood cabinet. Once I clean it up I will post pics. Messy right now.
-No television, no phone, no computers out there. Have speakers for iPod & CD player.
-The walls are painted Caribbean blue, with bamboo fence material over them. We wanted the 3D texture on the tiny bamboo.
-Our kids helped out by collecting sea shells and fish nets from the ocean. It has been fun working with them on this.

Here are a few general pics. For some reason these rotated 90 degrees the wrong direction, having trouble fixing this. So hopefully someone from Admin can kindly please help me.

So there we go. A fun project to pick away at. Any questions or ideas for the future, please let me know. Thanks for looking!

Welcome to Tiki Central. Looks like you are off to a good start. I love your Tiki lights and I have a chunk light from Rog too...he does a great job. Have fun decorating your lounge, I am sure your gang will like it as the gateway to the pool.

edit for ridiculous spelling error

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2014-07-05 16:41 ]

Great looking space. I like the reed over the blue walls. Gives it an open feel. Lamps are a lot af fun and good job on those barstools.

• Dale
E
ECTiki posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2014 2:53 PM

Great pics, hurt my neck looking at em

Mooshi, Good luck-keep posting.
Cheers

I love, love, LOVE those lamps from the old restaurant! What a terrific find!

Welcome to TC. Thanks for sharing your space!

I also love the lamps.
The only thing that sticks out as not-so-tiki are the chairs.
Although short of swapping them with bamboo or rattan lounge chairs, I'm not sure what I'd suggest to do with them.

Pages: 1 6 replies