Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Scorpion Bowl Recipe, Hong Kong Restaurant, Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hi, I'm looking for the recipe for the Scorpion Bowl at the Hong Kong Restaurant, in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA. Does anyone have the actual recipe? I have several of the classic Scorpion Bowl recipes, but I need to find this exact one.

I know the ingredients:

Vodka
Light Rum
Dark Rum
Gin
Triple Sec
Burgundy Wine
Grenadine
Orgeat Syrup
Pineapple juice
Orange juice
Lemon juice
Simple syrup

Thanks!

D

I believe "whoa" is the appropriate response to that list.

Good luck!

Lose the vodka and that is probably a tasty Scorpion Bowl. Not sure how the burgundy plays with everything but I'd givve it a shot.

I am weird with Scorpion Bowls. I'm normally a big fan of classic gin cocktails, but I gravitate more toward the Scorpion recipes that use rum and brandy instead of rum and gin. You wouldn't think the gin would really punch through so many ingredients but to my tastes it never quite seems to mesh with everything else whereas the brandy seems right at home in the mix.

A

Hmmmm.... The Burgundy is probably in place of the brandy from Trader Vic's scorpion bowl. I don't have the recipe, and I've never been to this place, but using Trader Vic's recipe as a guide, I'd suggest:

1 oz Vodka
2 oz Light Rum
2 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Gin
½ oz Triple Sec
1 oz Burgundy Wine
½ oz Grenadine
1 oz Orgeat Syrup
2 oz Pineapple juice
6 oz Orange juice
2 oz Lemon juice
½ oz Simple syrup

Blend with lots of crushed ice. Pour into a scorpion bowl. Add more ice to fill.

Good luck!

Sunny&Rummy - so glad to see another gin appreciator! I've been exploring gins and finding some high-end crap along with some medium to high-end great stuff. The botanical gins, during the past two years, have been a lot of fun and pleasantly interesting. The old standbys - Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater, Tanqueray - are what many people can't enjoy and can't drink, but give them a taste of Uncle Val's Botanical Gin for example and it's often an eye-opener.

I can't remember what thread I'm responding in, sorry for this (what must be a detour) ha.

Just means we need a gin thread to go with the Tequila thread :)

D

Who doesn't like gin? That's crazy! :)

Hitler and North Koreans.

Oh, so this must be the "people with funny haircuts and mustaches" thread? :D

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2014-07-11 14:04 ]

I wonder if his son also is a huge fan of Henny?

I put rum, brandy, AND gin in my scorpion bowls

According to the "BEST BARS IN AMERICA" which went to the Hong Kong downtown, the recipe calls for rum, everclear, fruit mix....

Pages: 1 11 replies