Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Run down Bahama Hotel in Palm Springs being gutted-tikis on site

Pages: 1 4 replies

The place does need to be gutted and revitalized since it looks really bad from the video. At one time it was probably a nice motor hotel.

2323 N Palm Canyon Dr
Palm Springs, CA 92262

I can't tell if it's the same tiki or 2 different ones.

Here is the link to the news story, slide show and video.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/local/2014/08/14/palm-springs-wants-revitalized-bahama-hotel-tenants-worried/14041505/

This is what it used to look like.

Newest and Finest in Palm Springs * 45 ft. Heated and Filtered Swimming Pool * 30 Hotel Rooms and Apts. All Cooled by Refrigeration * Modern Kitchens Built-in Range-Oven * Garbage Disposals * Ice Making Machine * T.V. Available * Telephone in Every Room * 20 X 40 Lounge - Continental Breakfast * Poolside Kitchen for your convenience -

-Lori

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-08-14 11:31 ]

Cops called out for "infliction of corporal punishment"?

-Encyclopedia Britannica

corporal punishment, the infliction of physical pain upon a person’s body as punishment for a crime or infraction. Corporal punishments include flogging, beating, branding, mutilation, blinding, and the use of the stock and pillory. In a broad sense, the term also denotes the physical disciplining of children in the schools and at home.

I'm all for that!

The pool looks pretty well maintained. The rest of the outside doesn't look too bad.....considering. I'm more inclined to think the roaches and ants INSIDE the units are probably more the fault of the tenants not keeping their units clean. There's only so much the owner can do and still probably keep this place afloat. Dunno what he's getting for the unit rentals (wouldn't be suprised if it's some govt. assistance program or something) but if the tenants aren't keeping their units clean....they sure ain't going to keep up the outside either.

howlinowl

Pages: 1 4 replies