Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Love to have some kool kats and kittens check out my backyard Tiki Lounge

Pages: 1 26 replies

ATTENTION ALL KOOL KATS AND KITTENS!!! I'm new to the scene but jumped in as a full blown Tikiphile right off the bat!!! Built a 100% cedar, bamboo, palm leaf palapa with bar Walt Disney inspired main tiki poles hold it up, I got my tiki mug collection up on ooga-mooga, redid the whole backyard to a Tiki Lounge. I would like to invite you all to take a look at my Tiki Lounge. I need ideas, critiques, complements on what works and what doesn't and just kool conversation. I even made a page for my backyard http://www.EnchantedTikiLounge.com

Brian Martin
http://www.EnchantedTikiLounge.com

[ Edited by: EnchantedTikiLounge 2014-11-10 18:04 ]

Why are you teasing us Brian? Mo pix please! My 1rst tiki bar was/is on wheels and was at the waters edge. Plenny folks including me have taken unexpected dips. Can’t wait til we see some details.
Mahalo

Sorry! I have so many photos on my website, but I can post more here too.

K

I think I love the roof more than anything. My one concern though is that sit too far back in your seat, or scoot too far back, and you + the stool you're sitting on go splash into the pool.

My wife said the same thing. I kind of liked that and thought it gave it a bit more character. Fortunately you can sit on the inside of the Palapa if you think you're going to have a few to many Mai Tais!

Brian Martin
http://www.EnchantedTikiLounge.com

[ Edited by: EnchantedTikiLounge 2014-11-10 18:05 ]

Brian.
My wife and I enjoyed your pix very mucho! Difficult to pick anything out as my favorite part. The topside of the roof,the underside,the fountain, all well done.
Mahalo

T

Very nice, Brian. The roof and enchanted tiki pillars really make it. Great job. Methinks you could use some more tikis... :wink:

Never enough tikis! I have 10 plus large ones and many, many that I can pick up with one hand and I am always looking for more.
Cheers

Dig da shark, hut, stools, enchanted tikis, ok, all of it
Great yard
Thanks for letting us look
Cheers

Jon

R

What an awesome setup...but the first thing I saw was the shark!!! What a great concept. Is that painted on? Need more info on that fella :)

On 2014-11-11 18:55, rumackay wrote:
What an awesome setup...but the first thing I saw was the shark!!! What a great concept. Is that painted on? Need more info on that fella :)

It is a mosaic tile piece the company that made it is out of Houston, TX. I have others throughout the pool including turtles, several fish, starfish, and shells. I wish I would have bought the coral and/or seaweed as well as a women's swimsuit that looks like it was taken off and left in the bottom of the pool!!! Very Kool!!!!

Thanks!

This is awesome! Great job.

On 2014-11-12 19:53, jimsflies wrote:
This is awesome! Great job.

Thank I really appreciate it!!!

Very nice indeed...keep up the great work!!!

hi Brian,

Welcome to the scene! Oh my goodness, I am blown away by your backyard lounge. I love your website too... wow, you went all out! :)

Sandra

F
Fox posted on Fri, Nov 14, 2014 1:47 PM

This is cool man, love the shark!

I too love the shark too and it was the first thing I noticed. :)

Overall, I think your build is excellent and overall your yard rocks. I wish I had a longer summer season here in NJ so on that I'm totally jealous. I agree that you could use more tikis and I think over time if you add more of those and more palms, bananas and other tropical plants it would improve the overall look and feel. Make it more lush....

But you're off to a GREAT start! Way to jump into Tiki Central!!!!

I could vacation there. Wendy

TT

Aloha from one Texas tiki-head to another!

Your backyard is the perfect place, and I mean than sincerely. Unfortunately, our tiki bar is inside, as the Amarillo winters are a bit harsh on vintage decor...

I love the way you turned it into your own paradise, and all I can say is as long as you avoid "Margaritaville" style decor, the tiki-gods (and their Earthly spokespersons here on Tiki Central) will always smile upon your endeavors.

Aloha!!!

It's definitely Tiki NOT parrothead! Although, I like parrothead it's not me or my yard. I can't wait to post the updates I've done, but I'll be waiting for this summer when everything is green again.

I had missed this earlier Brian, belated welcome to Tiki Central. BEAUTIFUL! We don't see a lot of the more colored Disney inspired Tikis but that's your style and you have pulled it off well. Love the shark, I thought it was dimensional not flat. A woman's bathing suit would have been fun too. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Thank You! So many more tikis I look forward to sharing.

Very Cool!!! Once again makes me really want to move to a warmer, less rainy climate. LOVE IT

I got a logo for the Enchanted Tiki Lounge!!!

Good attention to details. Looks great! Kudos!

Here are some new pics from this year! This month marks The Enchanted Tiki Lounge's first year!!! More tikis, more thatch, more culture and more enchantment!!!!

That is really a beautiful roof you built...NICE!!! Your place looks awesome.

Pages: 1 26 replies