Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Custom Router Work- Made to Order

Pages: 1 25 replies

Im taking a break from working on our house and decided it would be fun to entertain any need for custom made router trim, panels, or signage.

Price will depend on size and complexity. If you arent familiar with my work check out the "South Pacific Room" thread in the Home Tiki Bars forum.

I can ship smaller stuff across the country but longer stuff should probably be for folks within pickup distance.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2015-01-28 12:31 ]

Sick!! You do that with a router free hand? What's the HP on that router you're using in the pic? I tried to do some stuff like that with a trim router - much smaller than the one in your pic. I had a really hard time controlling it and I wasn't happy with my results at all. Yours are very very nice. I am impressed.

Beautiful work for sure!

I need a small end table that is triangular in shape. Is that something you would consider doing?

Yes

Great,

I'll get the dimensions for you.

i'd consider a bunch of these for trim in my tiki room- would you be willing to make a bunch, no longer than 4 ft long each (shipping to chicago) ? I can then cut them here to fit. I like this design but not sure how wide. what do you charge per 4ft length and would i save money if i had you just router and clean the blanks and not stain them. i can stain them here if that's easier for you.

M

A new batch of router carved frames is underway. We spent last weekend sourcing the uncut hardwood and then spent the day ripping down the stock and cutting out the back. Each frame is angle cut and glued up one at a time. the next step is sketching and router carving.

We have a bunch of 16x20 and a few 18x24 with some extra 8x10's for fun.

img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/771/54d1abcc.jpg[/img]

MM

[ Edited by: Moai Mike 2015-02-05 06:13 ]Nobody else can do the work you do, Derek! You are a very talented man.

[ Edited by: Moai Mike 2015-02-05 10:25 ]

M

Doing router work for 6 hours per day two hours in a row is exhausting.

Here is partial progress.

EJ

Very nice!

Just perfect.

Nice work, I saw the first pic and automatically thought it was CNC routed. :o

F

Wow, awesome work, monkeyman!

T

Derek, awesome stuff. Those frames are killer.

Hmmm... maybe another router class some time in the near future again...? (I hope to make it to one at some point!)

[ Edited by: monkeyman 2015-07-01 15:24 ]

Thanks for the custom work requests from a variety of different TC'ers.
The tables below were a custom request of MaukaHale (John) and were largely his concept. I added the Monkeyman style to it and designed the legs and Voila.

Thanks for the order John. Post a pic when they are set up in your Tiki Room.

Thanks Mr. Crafty, Swampfire Lounge, Doug Horne :) for the custom order.

Doug designed this layout himself and sent it to me for execution. In total its nearly 30 feet of 6" wide trim. It was a long long day of router work but Im happy with the results.

Enjoy Doug and post those pics when installed

Keep those requests coming folks. Im only taking custom work for another month or so and then im on to more house projects.

M

Here are some picture of the custom tables in the Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar.

I had glass tops made for both since it would have been to risky to have them shipped. Originally I thought natural light would shine through the resin and cut bamboo but it didn't. Monkeyman suggested using a string of LED lights to light underneath. I bought LED puck lights and suspended them from nets underneath. That way the light would only shine up. The install pictures are on my Home Tiki Bar thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42941&forum=20&start=135&139

I guess this gives the term "Tiki Table Lamp" a whole new meaning.

The tables look even better than the pictures. I couldn't be more happier with the work that Monkyman did. While he is offering his services you should take him up on them.

I
I-Tiki posted on Mon, Apr 6, 2015 6:52 AM

Are you selling the hanging lamps?

Lee

M

Yes I am selling the lamps. Pm me

EJ

Derek,

I received my frames today and am very happy. They are beauties. Thanks again for the awesome work and for shipping them to me.

L

Wow! You do great work! It makes me feel like I am back in the old Hukilau or the Monkey Bar in Hilo.

Derek!
You ROCK!
Doug's frame at the Behemoths exhibition was just the tip of a beautiful iceberg when it comes to the quality and craftsmanship you offer! Will be hitting you up soon,good sir! :)

E
ECTiki posted on Wed, Jul 1, 2015 3:22 PM

Hello, Love your work! I have an August Holland print that would look beautiful in one of your frames. It's 24.5 x 30.5. Would you be willing to make a frame for the print?

Hi Derek,

We need one more of your Album Cover Frames, if available?
I need to talk also about a custom frame for a GECKO Black Velvet we have owned for years but have yet to be able to display as it was rolled and shipped from Hawaii.

Pages: 1 25 replies