Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

RIP Ojaitimo Tim Keenan

Pages: 1 18 replies

V

I'm saddened to report a tragic loss to the tiki community. Tim Keenan aka Ojaitimo passed away at his residence near Ojai just a few days ago. He will be greatly missed by many.

Sorry to hear this news.

My condolences.

H

Sorry to hear this, he was a nice man and a great photographer, he will be missed.

This stinks, he was a good guy.

Tim was such a dedicated follower and photographer of Tiki. His mother was Ione Keenan, she decorated the Tradewinds in Oxnard. Thanks to him, I have a photo of her in Tiki Modern, and one of her sketches in Tiki Pop. Tim grew up meeting all sorts of interesting personalities in Southern California.

He even came out to see my exhibition in Paris, also because his brother, a renowned contemporary artist, had just installed a Museum exhibition right across the Seine river. Naomi and I walked over for our lunch break one day to see it.

I am totally surprised and saddened by this news, Tim was a really sweet guy.

Very Sad,
interesting guy
glad I got to know him a little bit.

Jeff(btd)

8T

RIP Tim. Will miss you here on TC Ojaitimo

Tim's facebook photo:

H

Quite sad about this news. Tim wanted to help preserve the history of tiki, and used the best tool at his disposal: his camera. He set out to document all sorts of places. He made a lasting contribution, and made a difference. He contributed 165 photos to Critiki, photos that will help tell the story of tiki to countless people for years to come. He was a sweet guy. I'm sad I won't get to see him again.

T
TikiG posted on Sat, Jan 31, 2015 4:25 PM

Sad to hear this, he was easy to talk to and we shared the same pop-culture interests. R.I.P. Tim.

Very sorry to hear this. I never met Tim, but remember enjoying his posts here.
My condolences to his friends and family.

RIP Tim...you were a nice guy all around and great photographer. You will be missed.

Aloha Tim!!!

BK

Sad news, on a Sunday morning. R.I.P. Tim.

P

Oh no. Just came upon this thread and could not believe it. Great person! He met up with me several times in Marina del Rey, Beverly Hills, Ventura, Ojai, etc. Such a fun and enthusiastic guy. Will miss him for sure. Was a privilege to have known him.

[ Edited by: PremEx 2015-02-09 10:06 ]

V

A Celebration of Tim Keenan's Life is being held at the Golden China in Ventura (760 S. seaward Ave) on Saturday, March 21st, 2015
Music by Fallen Saints band and guests. A no host bar and food are available but not provided. 3-6 pm
Then, later, at 7pm
Ventiki Lounge and Lanai ( 701 E. main St)will Host a Toast to Tim.
A special OjaiTimo Punch will be served complimentary for friends of Tims.Please come and join us on
Saturday March 21st in Ventura
Thank you

Sad news, Tim was a great guy, a passionate photographer, and lover of Tiki. Rest in peace Tim, you will be missed.

Tim was at almost every event i attended
with a gentle smile and his camera.
Great guy and a faithful recorder of our movement.
It's always sad when one of the Ohana sails off to distant shores...
Godspeed Tim!

https://www.facebook.com/events/421606301338290/

Saturday we will celebrate the life of Tim Keenan (OjaiTimo) first at Golden China from 3pm-6pm. Music by Fallen Saints and guests will be performing.There is a no host bar and food is available although not provided. At 7pm we will be adjourning to on of Tim's favorite places VenTiki Lounge and Lanai for a Toast. The Ohana at VenTiki will be making some complimentary (while supplies last) OjaiTimO Punch.

The Golden China in Ventura ( 760 Seaward ave)

Ventiki Lounge and Lanai (701 E Main St)

Pages: 1 18 replies