Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Great to be back on TC!! Some news from Tom Thordarson (THOR)!

Pages: 1 8 replies

T

Aloha!
It's been a challenging year for me...like one of those years where a lot goes on, some really good and some very challenging. Missed being on here and determined to catch up with old and new TC Ohana.

Not so good stuff was that I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer this past year. I didn't tell many people...really a surprise. It slowed me down greatly, both physically and emotionally. However, after a complete thyroidectomy, I am cancer free today. Man...it just kinna shows yah how life can do a 180 on yah at any time!

Good news is that I was contacted by a FANTASTIC new fine art publisher in Hawaii early this year. They have helped launch some terrific artists in Hawaii, like Heather Brown. Love these guys. It will be the first time I have had this caliber of exposure potential that will be running e-commerce and marketing efforts. They also do flawless printing for collectors...giclee's and more.

Anyway, I will hope to see many of you at this years Tiki Oasis! I invited Doug Horne, kenny, and Crazy Al to join me in the usual pool suite, so we will have a really "art-full" extravaganza! Come see us and help keep us under control! lol There will be a lot of great products, art, and of course, NEW shrunken heads that are yet another level more realistic and enchanting this year!

Lastly, please go check out my new website. We just went live. It's not fully refined and polished as it will be over the next few Months, but its on it's way! all the classic pieces from my series' that were released in Hawaii. Sign the guestbook and participate in the review! It's very much appreciated and feedback helps me know what people like best! There will also be specials offered for participants shortly. site is: http://www.thorart.com

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! ALOHA! ~~~THOR

for art and commissions: http://www.thorart.com
for other questions like my shrunken heads and other outside stuff write me! [email protected]

[ Edited by: THOR's 2015-05-25 08:19 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, May 25, 2015 9:40 AM

THOR!!!!!!!!!

Thyroid cancer!!? You bastard, this is the first GROG hear of it. Glad you got that cleared up and are doing well now. Good to see you back. Looking forward to seeing you at Oasis.

[ Edited by: GROG 2015-05-25 09:40 ]

T

Thanks Ernie! I just kinna laid low and went into my healing cave you could say. But I painted non stop!....which is a sure cure for me!

Tom! great to see you back & doing better
best wishes for a healthier future & looking forward to new art
from you.

Glad to see you back! As I'm sure you know by now, thyroid cancer has an EXCELLENT cure rate. Not fun while you are going through it but now you get to move on with the rest of your life :)

Congratulations on the clean bill of health! I'm so glad you're doing well.
Looking forward to seeing the new shrunken heads at Oasis!

I am happy that you are feeling better. Welcome back!

Glad that you are doing better. News like that is never fun to get. Scary stuff.

T
THOR's posted on Tue, Jun 2, 2015 9:34 AM

Thanks to all... I will be fine and things better than ever!!! ~~THOR

Pages: 1 8 replies