Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2016 cap city tiki crawl (sept 30 & october 1 & 2) need your email crawlers

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

I've posted many more step by step photos on the "other crafts" page but here are the photos of how the crawl mug will actually look.

This is a very large mug weighing between 3 and 4 pounds.

Here are all 7 of the crawl mugs together.

Front exposed.

Back exposed.

I hope you all like it. This was the hardest one yet. I'm already mentally working on the next one. Cheers, Wendy

M

Those are looking really good!

MaukaHale thank you. We are so happy that you are going to be here for the event. Wendy

The end of the work other than selling them at the Sacramento Tiki Crawl.

I printed a photo of the drink ad from The Tropics. I numbered and signed each one.

I ordered and received straws to go into the boxes with the mug. Two straws each a different color so couples can share their drinks.

We bought packing materials.

Dan had already put the boxes together and now it was time to box them up and to number the outside of each box.

It was fun stacking them up until I feared for my couch so

we moved them all back to the tables in the hallway.

I am officially ready for the crawl.

If you are ATTENDING the crawl and want to pay me the $85 ahead of time just send it to my PayPal account using the money to friends option and my email address. If you don't have that PM me and I'll send it to you. It would be great to deliver the mugs without having to make change. I don't do credit cards so if you don't do PayPal bring cash!

Thank you, Wendy

Wow...Wendy & Dan that mug is your best so far...you two are amazing.

I AM GOING TO SEND OUT STOP ADDRESSES THIS WEEK. I NEED YOUR EMAIL FOR THE E-VITE NOW PLEASE. You can post it here or send in a PM on Tiki Central or FaceBook.

Hi, I sent a PM with my husband's name to add to the crawl and my email address...did you receive? Thanks!

Let me know if you got the information. I think I have sent to all whose emails I have. Only 2 more weeks!!!

It's a full size pineapple and it's awesome! Another amazing mug by an amazing artist!!

Yes we do have a schedule. Many hosts also crawl to the other stops. I think I am up to date on sending the schedule. Please message me your email address if you don't have the document.

Thank you so much VampiressRN and Tiki Hula. I think my PT Cruiser back end will be filled to the roof with all these mugs since they are so big. I'm going to do my best to organize them so I can find special numbers and the Hot Tub Hula Girls too.

I have 8 Artist Proofs for sale, for all mugs first to my car gets first choice.

I appreciate all the Paypal payments. This makes it go so much faster. If you haven't done that already and need my email address just send me a message here or look at the top of VampiressRN's email to you.

My Paypal account is my email address. I need payments to be sent using the money to friends and family option so that I receive the entire $85. I pay the sales tax.

My email address starts with Cevola

See you all soon, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-09-21 06:28 ]

These mugs are large. My vehicle will be filled to the max! Please help me out by coming to my car so I can quickly distribute these at each stop.

I don't take credit cards so $85 in cash is appreciated or payment by Paypal.

Thank you everyone for allowing me to be your event artist. I love doing this for you, Wendy

Aloha! Getting excited for the crawl this weekend! Retro Diva is setting up shop in my living room Friday night for all your alohawear needs. Wahines and Kanes always need another loud shirt or dress. Some even glow under a black light! There will be plenty of delicious rum to loosen up those wallets.

We got the info and can't wait, see you all in a few days. Thank you!

[ Edited by: Tiki tiffy 2016-09-28 11:19 ]

It took me all day to organize all the boxes and misc. things I need to transport to the crawl.

I am starting out with 2 cars at the first stop. This car has all the mugs that are first come first choice.

This car has all the mugs whose numbers have been assigned to crawlers and all the for sale artist proofs. You may give up your crawl mug to get one of these or you may buy one to own more than one mug. Same price $85. It also has all the Hot Tub Hula Girls to be picked up.

Bullet scored a real Hawaiian grass skirt from a dancer at the Zombie Hut. I am transporting it to Psycho Tiki D.

I was only able to fit everything into the two cars by leaving the mugs to be shipped at home.

Once the crawl is over and I have shipped out all the mugs I will start on the Wish List #7 binder. It's going to be a really good time this year. Many creative ideas that will be a challenge to make.

See you all in a couple of days. I will be at every stop. Please help me get your mug to you. CASH only or prepay by Paypal. Thank you, Wendy

T

The Aloha Hut (B. Ben calls it 'The Real Tiki Farm') is getting ready for the weekend crawl (Saturday eve)! As the weather forecast is predicting cooler weather, be sure to bring a warm coat. Bring a folding chair too, just in case we run out.
We will show a film on our outdoor screen in the corral.
We'll have a name that Tiki contest, for the new guy below! Winner can choose either a Cuban cigar, or Cuban Rum drink (max 3 entries pp). Must be present to win!

The crawl was a big success! Winner of the Tiki naming contest is Wit, who submitted Escamillo, the Matador from Bizet's Opera Carmen.

[ Edited by: tikituba 2016-10-03 09:55 ]

Hello Fellow Crawlers, if you are still in need of the stop addresses, please send me a PM with your email address.

CHEERS, Marlene

Woo Hoo the day is here. Two things, please bring cash for you mug if you haven't already Paypaled me the money, I'm not a business so NO credit cards.

Two we will not be able to make it to Ginger's for breakfast on Sunday. We will be everywhere else to deliver mugs.

See you later today, Wendy

Hi Folks
Mom took a fall today and still in the ED with her. I won't be making any more Tiki stops this year. Big thanks to Dave who is managing the passports for our Ohana. Also just totally blown away by the magic of Wendy...this years mug is off the hook. Hope you all have a wonderful time.

The last stop on Sunday will be Debbie's. Dale & Tonie have deferred to possibly host next year.

Thanks to all the hosts this year.

MRI indicates broken left hip. Will find out more after the Ortho Doctor sees her.

Marlene please give your mom our love. We hope you will be able to get some rest. The crawl has been spectacular. We will have many photos for you to see how well you did to set it up. We appreciate you so much. Many prayers are going out for you and your mom. Love, Wendy

NO LAST CRAWL STOP AT TIKI TONIES AND DALES ON SUNDAY. IT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

VampiressRN's mom is in a very nice re-hab facility. They will help her to get up and walking again. We missed having them both with us during the crawl.

The crawl couldn't have been better. Every host made their party special. It was tiki nirvana.

Thank you Marlene (Vamp) and all hosts. You Rock! Wendy and Dan

Dr.TikiMojo thank you so much for these photos. I just checked to see if there were any and I was so happy to find yours. Wendy

Pages: 1 2 71 replies