Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis 2016 - (Un)official Thread - Party on Monster Island

Pages: 1 23 replies

J

The event is sold out but I understand a limited amount of tickets will be available at the door on Fri, Aug 19th at 10am.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2016-07-21 17:31 ]

Planning in earnest - bringing the tiki to Monster Island.

kevin

So, as a newbie, what sort of sleep schedule should I be planning on?

On 2016-07-24 01:36, Tiki Drifter wrote:

A lot of that may depend on your room location - if you're near one of the suites where room parties are happening then sleep may be a bit of a challenge. We've typically stayed in the tower facing the pool are and it's not too hard to get some sleep in the early morning hours. The stage/pool area is generally pretty quiet after the main show that evening, as most people move over to the room parties.

kevin

Argh!

I screwed up and didn’t buy my ticket in time. I’m in a bad situation because I already booked my airplane ticket and hotel.

If you have an extra ticket, or know someone who does please let me know.

Does anyone have experience with getting one of the possible tickets on Friday morning?

I’d hate to have to shell out $400 for the Cocktail ticket.

Thanx,
Mark

M
MrFab posted on Sun, Jul 24, 2016 8:30 PM

Already bought hotel room for the weekend. But you need tickets this far in advance? I mean, it's a month away. Who plans that far, I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow!?

Plus, I only just found out about this.

Now what do I do, I can't just show up at the door, eh? Cant get there Fri morn, not til Fri eve. Anyone resell tix on Stubhub or sumthin?

J

On 2016-07-24 09:53, heylownine wrote:

A lot of that may depend on your room location - if you're near one of the suites where room parties are happening then sleep may be a bit of a challenge. We've typically stayed in the tower facing the pool are and it's not too hard to get some sleep in the early morning hours. The stage/pool area is generally pretty quiet after the main show that evening, as most people move over to the room parties.

kevin

I had a pool-facing tower room for several years and can say that sleep can be hard to come by unless you bring earplugs. The yelling and partying around the suites and pool goes on at all hours, I remember being awakened at 4:00am one year. If you want actual sleep, you might consider getting a room in the designated "quiet" areas, but I'm sure those sold out months ago. Or you might even consider getting a room at the hotel next door. Good luck.

On 2016-07-25 08:16, JenTiki wrote:

On 2016-07-24 09:53, heylownine wrote:

kevin

I had a pool-facing tower room for several years and can say that sleep can be hard to come by unless you bring earplugs. The yelling and partying around the suites and pool goes on at all hours, I remember being awakened at 4:00am one year. If you want actual sleep, you might consider getting a room in the designated "quiet" areas, but I'm sure those sold out months ago. Or you might even consider getting a room at the hotel next door. Good luck.

Fair enough, "able to sleep" is pretty subjective and I consider myself lucky that I can get some sleep at Oasis even when the party outsode extends into the wee hours.

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
5 Minutes of Rum
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2016-07-26 21:22 ]

Why don't you just uber home Tikidrifter? Not everyone lives in SD :wink:

I usually park my car close by so I have a place to put my purchases and store my rum. Then I uber back and forth, but never drink and drive. Friday and Saturday nights can go til 4 in the AM or later depending on how long you want it to go. Most parties usually run out of drinks by that time.

Yeah for serious it is pretty tough to find a quiet place in Crown Plaza. I don't think the quiet rooms are actually quiet. You can try to stay up until 4 and then try to sleep until the bands start... Or you can try to get sooo drunk that nothing can wake you. Everything is loud and it keeps getting louder as the weekend progresses. For the first timers, if you really do need your beauty sleep I would recommend an adjacent hotel or earplugs at least. Many room parties have loud bands all night and people are in the pool/hot tub constantly and are louder the drunker they get.

It is a great time but I like that I can get a $7 uber away from the craziness when I need to. It may be worth it to new people as well to grab a cheap hotel a few miles away for some escapism.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2016-07-26 23:31 ]

My friend is looking for a 3 or 4 day pass. Please let me know if you have one, we will buy it from you with no hassle.

I am also looking to get 1 or 2 tickets to the Bartender Battle on Sunday at 2. If you have had a little too much to drink the previous days and do not feel like attending, please let me know even day of and I will buy them from you. Those sold out before I could even look to buy them :(

Thanks!

B

I also need one 3-day ticket. Sold out too early!

For any other TIki Oasis attendees that got missed out on tickets, try checking the eventbite website occasionally https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-oasis-2016-monster-island-tickets-24225183175

I don’t know if this was a fluke, or if tickets are occasionally becoming available, but last night I went to the site and next to the Four Night wristband it displayed ‘unavailable’ instead of ‘Sold Out’. I hit the refresh button a couple times and then tickets were available for purchase. I quickly hit the 1 quantity and then Order Now. I have a confirmation number and confirming email, so I’m relieved and good to go. (I was very stressed about going there and possibly not getting a ticket).

I hope this option brings others good luck also.
Mark

J

HI all!
I have a room at kings inn thursday-sunday for anyone who wants it!

B

Same thing happened to me! Got lucky and got my ticket. Now they say sold out again.

On 2016-07-30 17:49, cryptkicker5 wrote:
For any other TIki Oasis attendees that got missed out on tickets, try checking the eventbite website occasionally https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tiki-oasis-2016-monster-island-tickets-24225183175

I don’t know if this was a fluke, or if tickets are occasionally becoming available, but last night I went to the site and next to the Four Night wristband it displayed ‘unavailable’ instead of ‘Sold Out’. I hit the refresh button a couple times and then tickets were available for purchase. I quickly hit the 1 quantity and then Order Now. I have a confirmation number and confirming email, so I’m relieved and good to go. (I was very stressed about going there and possibly not getting a ticket).

I hope this option brings others good luck also.
Mark

Aloha,

I'm searching for 2 weekend wristbands for friends who didn't get their tickets in time but that have a room at the Crowne Plaza. Please let me know if anyone has two for sale.

Mahalo!

kevin

On 2016-08-09 20:15, heylownine wrote:
Aloha,

I'm searching for 2 weekend wristbands for friends who didn't get their tickets in time but that have a room at the Crowne Plaza. Please let me know if anyone has two for sale.

Mahalo!

kevin

So if they don't get tickets they have to be sequestered to their room all night?

On 2016-07-26 23:26, lunavideogames wrote:
Why don't you just uber home Tikidrifter? Not everyone lives in SD :wink:

I usually park my car close by so I have a place to put my purchases and store my rum. Then I uber back and forth, but never drink and drive. Friday and Saturday nights can go til 4 in the AM or later depending on how long you want it to go. Most parties usually run out of drinks by that time.

Yeah for serious it is pretty tough to find a quiet place in Crown Plaza. I don't think the quiet rooms are actually quiet. You can try to stay up until 4 and then try to sleep until the bands start... Or you can try to get sooo drunk that nothing can wake you. Everything is loud and it keeps getting louder as the weekend progresses. For the first timers, if you really do need your beauty sleep I would recommend an adjacent hotel or earplugs at least. Many room parties have loud bands all night and people are in the pool/hot tub constantly and are louder the drunker they get.

It is a great time but I like that I can get a $7 uber away from the craziness when I need to. It may be worth it to new people as well to grab a cheap hotel a few miles away for some escapism.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2016-07-26 23:31 ]

Oh ya, my brother and I are uber'ing for sure! I meant sleep schedule, like, should I plan on being at the hotel 'til 3AM, sleeping 'til 1PM, etc.
We just got the "evening" wrist bands, so we won't be arriving 'til whenever that admission tier opens up ... although we might come early because I guess stuff like Miss Tiki and the car show doesn't require wrist bands?

On 2016-08-11 20:21, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2016-08-09 20:15, heylownine wrote:
Aloha,

Mahalo!

kevin

So if they don't get tickets they have to be sequestered to their room all night?

Yeah, that is precisely what I'm hoping to avoid!

kevin

We just got the "evening" wrist bands, so we won't be arriving 'til whenever that admission tier opens up ... although we might come early because I guess stuff like Miss Tiki and the car show doesn't require wrist bands?

If anyone is looking for a new SD mug while in town, Bar Kindred just got in their second edition mugs by Tikifarm. Kindred has a tiki night called Permanent Vacation every Thursday. You may have time for a drink there before Bali Hai :wink:

I was looking at the program, and is the theme mug already sold out for real?

Did the entire run get allocated for Deluxe and Cocktail passes?

in other news, LESS THAN 4 HOURS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

How's the parking situation for someone just coming to the marketplace on Saturday? Any suggestions? Is there enough parking at the hotel? I haven't been to Tiki Oasis AT ALL before, so I'm sticking my toe in the water.

On 2016-08-18 19:38, SpaceAgeCity wrote:
How's the parking situation for someone just coming to the marketplace on Saturday? Any suggestions? Is there enough parking at the hotel? I haven't been to Tiki Oasis AT ALL before, so I'm sticking my toe in the water.

I usually just go Saturday for the day. Parking gets tighter as the day progresses, if you get there by late morning you shouldn't have any problem

F

If you get there after 10am expect to walk quite a distance. If you are lucky, there may be spots left in the back field in the undeveloped parcel to the East of the hotel. Otherwise there's parking all down the side of Hotel Circle. I think I got there at 10:30 last year and parked beyond the baseball field way down at the end of the street past the Motel 6. :lol:

Anyone driving down from north of San Diego county tomorrow, beware that the 5 will be down to ONE LANE (southbound only) until Noon.

Cheers!!
:drink:

Pages: 1 23 replies