Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Fassionola?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 169 replies

I have the Don The Beachcomber Drink book and it references an ingrediant called Fassionola. After searching on Google for Fassionola, the only thing that comes up is this neat article about the Mai Kai. You should take a look at this link it is interesting.
http://www.cocktail.com/destinations/2001/MaiKaiPolynesianPotionParadise.html

Does anyone know anything about Fassionola? I feel as though, I need to mix some with rum! Please help me.

Cheers,

KT

[ Edited by: Kreaky Tiki on 2003-09-04 08:34 ]

A

High Times Liquor in Costa Mesa has it. There are two kinds green and red.
Mahalo,
Al

Thank you! I'm all over it! I bet they some other great mixers, as well.

Cheers,

KT

Anyone got a phone number or address on High Times Liquors in Costa Mesa? When I searched on yellowpages.com all I found was a High Time Inc. in Long Beach. (Maybe I can slide by while I'm out there for the Tiki Room 40th - I too have not had luck finding fassionola.)
Thanks!

Here's the Hi Time website:

http://www.hitimewine.com

:tiki:

Like Kreaky Tiki, I had the urge to grab a bottle of Fassionola so I can start making some of the Beachcomber's concoctions (many of the drinks call for it), but after stopping by the Hi-Times over the weekend I found out they no longer carry it.

Apparently they couldn't sell the stuff, and their distributor stopped carrying it. Maybe if enough TC'ers request it, they'll try and put it back on the shelves.

On a side note, there is a sidebar in the Beachcomber book that mentions substituting Hawaiian Punch for Fassionola if you don't have any on hand. Al, is this a feasible substitution?

Oh, the Hi-Times website is: http://www.hitimewine.com. They do mail order. If you live out-of-state there's no sales tax.

I sent an email this morning to inquire about the availability of Fassionola. Below is the reply!

A 750ml bottle retails at $4.79.

Best regards,
Beatrice, Hi-Time Wine Cellars
800/331-3005, Ext.255

Well, after making the call... they do not carry it anymore. I just got off of the phone with a Bartender at the Mai Kai, and he confirmed the bad news... The company that had been making Fassionola, no longer makes it. He forgot who that was. If any has a bottle please post the info so we can call the manufacture to try and have it resurrected:(

KT

On 2003-09-04 15:36, Kreaky Tiki wrote:
Well, after making the call... they do not carry it anymore. I just got off of the phone with a Bartender at the Mai Kai, and he confirmed the bad news... The company that had been making Fassionola, no longer makes it. He forgot who that was. If any has a bottle please post the info so we can call the manufacture to try and have it resurrected:(
KT

...Or get the recipe & make your own.

There can't be that big a market, but selling it as a Lounge/Exotica specialty @ swapmeets, &c. might getcha a couple bucks. Give it a mock-Shag label & put "The Rat-Pack's Favorite..." on the label...

K

I'm bumping this in the hope that someone out there might help me in my quest to locate a bottle of original Fassionola and thus have the basic ingredients list and/or manufacturer name.

My goal is to try and develop a recipe for homemade fassionola. I'll do all the leg work if one of you has the info.

Anyone got a bottle or know where an old school liquor store might be that could have some on a shelf?

Ahu

The red Fassionola Al was refering to is called something like Gold Tropical Fruit Mix by a company with "English" in its name. I'm not home right now but I'll check it later.

I bought Hi Time's entire remaining stock (they had about 5) for ITD and gave them as gifts to Tiki Centralites who organized the event. These people know who they are.
I was wondering about getting more of this, as it's really good. Unfortunately I think they stopped making those.

I don't think it tastes like Hawaiian Punch, but I'll have to try it side by side. BTW - it's very thick and syrupy, so the consistency is differnt than the punch.

Ran

K

On 2004-11-16 11:32, kick_the_reverb wrote:
The red Fassionola Al was refering to is called something like Gold Tropical Fruit Mix by a company with "English" in its name. I'm not home right now but I'll check it later.

I bought Hi Time's entire remaining stock (they had about 5) for ITD and gave them as gifts to Tiki Centralites who organized the event. These people know who they are.
I was wondering about getting more of this, as it's really good. Unfortunately I think they stopped making those.

I don't think it tastes like Hawaiian Punch, but I'll have to try it side by side. BTW - it's very thick and syrupy, so the consistency is differnt than the punch.

Ran

Excellent! now we're getting somewhere. I look forward to hearing more from you when you get home.

You said it was thick and syrupy. Is the flavor just a tropical fruit "red" kind of thing like any number of red colored tropical fruit drinks? I mean to say that, could it be as simple as reducing Hawaiian Punch to a syrup?

Anyone else care to chime in?

Cheers!

Ahu

T

Hawaiian punch used to be available in a concentrated syrup form in 16 oz. glass bottles. It would be interesting to find out how close it comes to Fassionola if one can find it.

The history page for HP says that it started as a tropical fruit syrup for topping ice cream.

K

Well, there are a few syrup companies making "Tropical Fruit Syrup". I'm sure they are artificially flavored bar syrup, but if they are similar to Fassionola in flavor then we might be getting somewhere.

I still need to hear from the folks who got bottles of the original stuff from KTR.

Good call Jab, that might be a solid lead. Perhaps the Don Beach book (which is full of editing errors and mistakes) intended to recomend Hawaiian Punch syrup as a substitute?

Somebody witha bottle of Fassionola have the time to give us a flavor write up? Or would someone care to ship a small sample my way? I'd be able to match it most accurately I think.

Edited to add:

I had never heard of HP syrup before, so I checked out thejabs lead and found out that the same stuff is now available as a frozen concentrate. Same thing, just less water and different packaging. One could easily make a suitable bar syrup with it provided it is close in flavor to Fassionola. That would make more sense when a recipe asks for only a 1/4 ounce of it. Nice work so far folks.

Cheers!

Ahu

[ Edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2004-11-16 15:48 ]

Ok, yesterday I looked at my bottle and it's:
Jonatahn English's Brand Red Tropical Gold Fruit Mix.
Distributed by Jonatahn English Company, San Diego CA 92120.
So, I looked in the yellow pages and found that the company still exists. I called the number - (619) 281-1133, and told them I was interested in knowing where could I get the syrup, because I was told it's no longer in production. The receptionist took my name and number and said someone will call me back.
So - let's wait a few days and see if someone does call me back.

I also looked online for the syrup name and the company, but no luck (just phone book entries for the company).

BTW: if you're interested in the contents here's what the bottle says:
Corn Sweetener, Water, Orange Juice Con., Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Nat. & Art. Flavor, Sodium Benzoate as a oreservative, Art. Color, Yellow #6.

Nothing that actually helps...

Al said he got another one from Hi Times (when he got the red one), and it was green and actually said Fassionola on it. I haven't seen that bottle yet, maybe if Al has time he can shed some light on the subject.

Ran

I have not tried the green yet. the red is "fruity", punch like. It makes some real tasty drinks out of the DTB book.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely 2006-12-21 06:55 ]

L
laney posted on Wed, Nov 17, 2004 1:12 PM

A bit off topic...but, I remember having Hawaiian Punch as a syrup. It also started as a ice cream topping.

In a search to see if they still make it in syrup form I came across a brief history of Hawaiian Punch and was shocked to find out it was born in a garage in Fullerton CA, my home town!
http://www.dpsu.com/hawaiian_punch.html

We have an (empty) bottle of the Original Passinola South Seas Mix Base (since 1916). The ingredients are: sugar, artifical coloring, blend of reconstitued citrus fruits, citric acid, orginal blend of passion fruit and other fruit flavors. Contains 1/10 of 1% benoate of soda. The address of the company is Fassionola Products P.O. Box 2354 Van Nuys, CA 91494. We have tried calling but no answer. We are looking for a source too.

K

Well, the current Fassionola situation on my end is as follows:

Use Hawaiian Punch concentrate until I find some Fassionola or somebody sends me a small sample which I can try to replicate.

Or as mentioned above, if someone who actually has some on hand could do a side by side taste test of Hawaiian Punch syrup and Fassionola...

If the HP frozen concentrate were mixed to the same syrup consistency as the Fassionola, and the taste test proved to be positive, it might just solve the whole issue for everyone.

I have a gut feeling that the HP syrup would be a very close match.

Ahu

We just got a bottle of Trader Vic's Passion Fruit mixture (double strength). It seems to be the same as Fassionola.

J
JTD posted on Fri, Mar 31, 2006 9:32 AM

Do you think Fassionola was a rip-off of Passionola? See entry in CoctailDB: http://cocktaildb.com/ingr_detail?id=345

I'm guessing yes and will quit my search for Fassionola and just use TV's passion fruit syrup.

JTD

Well done, JTD. Happy to see this question put to rest. Cheers!

Wouldn't it be twisted if it turned out to be mis-spelling of Passionola all this time? :wink:

K
Kono posted on Fri, Mar 31, 2006 5:27 PM

I have a hard time thinking that Fassionola is simply colored passion fruit syrup. At least one recipe in the Don the Beachcomber book (Pi-Yi, and I swear there's another but cannot find it) has both Fassionola and passion fruit juice. Realizing that syrup and juice are not the same it would still seem odd to have a drink with some of both. For what it's worth, there is also a recipe (Cherry Blossom Punch) in the DtheB that has Hawaiian Punch and Fassionola as ingredients.

The name "Fassionola" suggests that passion fruit juice or flavoring is likely a central component of Fassionola but I'd think there would be other flavors as well or else it wouldn't be described as a "fruit flavored blend" when passionfruit syrup was already being used in other recipes.

The unfortunate thing is that this could probably be solved very quickly if the TC brain trust could get it together. We have members who are very good at reverse engineering (or at least replicating) drinks and we have members who own bottles of Fassionola.

Can someone mail an ounce or two to KK Ahu or Pablus and see what they come up with? In the name of SCIENCE!! this needs to be settled. :)

T

Hey, there's a wikipedia entry on Fassionola! OK, who on TC wrote it? Anyway, it says to substitute hawaiian punch syrup.

http://www.answers.com/topic/fassionola

T

The Passionola bottle shown on CocktailDB shows the ingredients as: Sugar, Water, Juices of Passion Fruit, Apricot, Peach, enhanced by True Fruit and Artificial Flavors, Fruit Acid, Pectin, Certified Food Color, and Benzoate of Soda. Sounds like more different flavors then Passion Fruit Syrup has. I would guess that Passionola was one popular brand, and Fassionola was another popular brand for the same type of mixer.

C

I have found another substitute for Fassionola that is common and works perfectly.

Pat O'Briens Hurricane mix. It comes as a powder so you can order it cheaply from the internet if your local grocery or liquor store does not stock it. A liquid mix and concentrate are also available but not very common outside New Orleans.

Have Fun

P
pablus posted on Sat, Apr 1, 2006 9:36 AM

BK is good at reverse engineering, too.

Al-ii, send me an ounce of the green fassionola and I'll have a recipe for it in 4 days.

Corn syrup. Blecch.

K

Yes, reverse engineering it would not be difficult with an ingredient list and a sample. Hell, that's all it took for me to copy Sazerac Falernum.

I agree that Pablus or BK could easily do the same. I'd love to get a hold of a sample, and I'd be willing to trade a sample of one of the homemade versions of items I produce for it, as well as the recipe for said samples from both (my recipe for the sample I send, and the recipe I generate for Fassionola).

I make a La Grenade style nutmeg liqueur that gets good reviews and is a fine exotic for having on hand (and is near impossible to acquire outside of Grenada).

I make true pommegranate grenadine, Sazerac style Falernum, pimento, a strong clove liqueur (not like becherovka, more suited to tropicals) that is key to constructing Sazerac easily, as well as some uncommon exotics for the truly adventurous (and completist or obsessive compulsive) experimental bartender.

Sorrel liqueur
Hibiscus liqueur
Nutmeg liqueur
Cardamom liqueur
Rosemary rum liqueur (a sweetened ninnie basically)

Anyway, yes Kono, we need to put this to bed and get a solid recipe for this stuff. There is no reason to keep hunting for NOS ingredients when a recipe can be had that all of us could use. Especially when we can make a version that tastes and acts the same, but contains no unnatural bullsh*t.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

[ Edited by: KuKuAhu 2006-04-02 18:53 ]

P
pablus posted on Sun, Apr 2, 2006 5:04 PM

Hibiscus?
What the heck does that taste like?

And why haven't you made Okolehao?

hunh?
hunh?
hunh?

why?

K

I do not... uh.. distill spirits at home.. er.. because that.. well, that would be illegal.

Actually I have looked into making okolehao, and the process for growing ti and making the mash would be easy. And while the equipment to distill the result would be easy to acquire, and the raw liquor relatively simple to make, there is a problem.

Aging.

I really don't have the patience to sit on a barrel of oke for a year or two. I mean, maybe I could do it, but... I just don't know. And the unaged stuff would be like white lightning. Not exactly good for cocktails.

Now if we assume that the okolehao used in old recipes is the moonshine-like young stuff, then it is doable. But I'm guessing it isn't.

Hibiscus liqueur is bright blood red and very fruity, almost citrusy. Looks a lot like proper grenadine, and the flavor is reminiscent of rosehip tea. I make mine with hawaiian sugar and organic hibiscus flowers.

Some recipes call for lemon zest or even vanilla beans, but I prefer to keep it purely hibiscus flavored. I use an alcohol steep followed by a spring water steep to extract as much from the flowers as possible. Then I use the water steep in the sugaring process. It makes for a thick syrup if you leave it in concentrate form as the hibiscus seems to have a sort of pectin property. It even "crystalizes" a bit of jelly at the top of the rest bottle. I have used it in place of grenadine in drinks and it really shines.

Ahu

[ Edited by: KuKuAhu 2006-04-02 18:57 ]

i wonder if either of these are the same as fassionola?

http://www.webejava.com/site/1254423/product/232-5412253

http://www.westindianstore.com/anchorfruitps.html

i would order them and find out if i had a bottle of the real stuff to compare it to.

G

bumpola.

So many Donn recipes that call for Fassionola. So many empty glasses. Such a shame. Anyone care to be a hero and solve this?

G

Okay, thanks to the wonderful Jeff "Beachbum" Berry, the mystery of Fassionola is solved! Well, mostly. I have a message here from the Bum:

I found a dusty old bottle of Fassionola in a San Marino liquor store back in the mid-1990s. It was a thicker, more orange-y version of Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup (which is MUCH better, by the way). I wrote to the address on the bottle and the company (long since out of business) sent me the attached. Feel free to post it on TC for the curious!

Kern told me that the Mai-Kai used a lot of the stuff back in the day. They now use Trader Vic's...

So, it appears that we should be substituting TV Passion Fruit Syrup for Fassionola. It's intersting to me though that there were 3 flavors: passion fruit, cherry and lime.

K
Kono posted on Wed, Dec 20, 2006 5:46 PM

I also contacted da Bum a while back and obviously got the same answer (I didn't ask him if he minded me posting the info here, so I didn't. But I thought about it...Sorry!) Anyhoo...he did say that it had an orangey tone so I got some of the Stirrings Blood Orange bitters (which is not very bitter by the company's own admission on the label) and mix a little bit of it with the TV Passionfruit syrup for what I hope to be close to the old fassionola taste. Just an idea.

Based on the info GatorRob posted, it seems that Fee Brothers makes three types of Passion Fruit Syrup. Except that the green color has a mint flavor.
I've tried their golden passion fruit syrup and found it to be too sweet and artificial tasting.

Nice post, Gator! Thank you

S

Not sure if I stumbled on something or not, when searching for some other items, I stumbled across a "Fee brothers red passsion fruit cordial syrup" described as a passion fruit syrup with hint of cherry, it is made by Fees and states is what is utilized in the hurricane and tonga punch. (see full description below link)

based on the research by others in the thread, fassionola was predominately passion fruit based, but with red/punch character, and one of the posts showed an add with a cherry flavor.

I ordered one and will see I will post the results when it arrives, previously I have been using fruit puch concentrate or passion fruit syrup when fassionola was called for.

Here is the link:

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?productid=21382&cat=546&page=1

Fee Brothers Red Passion Fruit Cordial Syrup
This deep red, non-alcoholic cocktail syrup has a basic passion fruit flavor with a hint of cherry. It’s a necessary ingredient in popular cocktail recipes like a Hurricane or a Tonga Punch. It’s also good for flavoring coffee and topping desserts.

Opened in 1863, Fee Brothers of Rochester, New York, is in its fourth generation of manufacturing top quality cocktail mixes, bitters, flavoring syrups and other beverage ingredients.

In stock and ready to ship.
Features
Passion fruit flavor with a hint of cherry
Used in popular cocktails like a Hurricane or a Tonga Punch
Also good for flavoring coffee and topping desserts

MT

Anyone ever use the "search" feature? :)

From page 1 of this thread that we're currently reading (and corrected for spelling):

On 2004-11-17 11:12, kick_the_reverb wrote:
Ok, yesterday I looked at my bottle and it's:
Jonathan English's Brand Red Tropical Gold Fruit Mix.
Distributed by Jonathan English Company, San Diego CA 92120.
So, I looked in the yellow pages and found that the company still exists. I called the number - (619) 281-1133, and told them I was interested in knowing where could I get the syrup, because I was told it's no longer in production. The receptionist took my name and number and said someone will call me back.
So - let's wait a few days and see if someone does call me back.

I also looked online for the syrup name and the company, but no luck (just phone book entries for the company).

BTW: if you're interested in the contents here's what the bottle says:
Corn Sweetener, Water, Orange Juice Con., Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Nat. & Art. Flavor, Sodium Benzoate as a preservative, Art. Color, Yellow #6.

Ran

On how Fassionola tastes compared directly to passion fruit syrup
Found on page three of the Cocktails With Al thread, where he shows us how to properly make a Planter's Punch:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23792&forum=10&start=30

On 2007-05-17 13:17, Al-ii wrote:
Mr Gnoman,
Thank you for the comments. I have read that thread and I appreciate those who contributed to it. I respectfully disagree with the statement that Fassionola is similar to passion fruit syrup, or is an acceptable substitute. If you reconstitute Jon English's Fassionola you with water or pineapple juice you get a drink that taste "like" Hawaiian Punch. Add water to Passion Fruit Syrup and it taste markedly different. The difference is similar to Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and Torani chocolate syrup, one being made with a base of Chocolate, the other being made with a base of clear sugar syrup flavored with a little chocolate essence. Fassionola is fruit punch concentrate. Smart and final, I'm told, has a fruit punch concentrate. I'll get some this weekend and see how it works. I've been looking for Hawaiian Punch Concentrate, so far, no luck. Mind you I still get Fassionola from

Americas Finest Bar Supply Specialists
John Malloch
John likes you to call ahead with order so he can pull it and have it ready at Will Call. open Mon-Fri, 9 to 5.

I've tried my Planters punch with TVs passion fruit syrup instead of Fassionola, It's not as good.
Mahalo,
Al

How Fassionola compares to passion fruit syrup in a cocktail (particularly using the old Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup that had real passion fruit, which was the passion fruit syrup that most of us here preferred).
Found in the last line of the quote above:

I've tried my Planters punch with TVs passion fruit syrup instead of Fassionola, It's not as good.
Mahalo,
Al

How Fassionola tastes in old tiki cocktail recipes that call for it
Found on page two of the thread that we're currently reading:

On 2004-11-17 11:51, Alnshely wrote:
I have not tried the green yet. the red is "fruity", punch like. It makes some real tasty drinks out of the DTB book.
Mahalo,
Al

Where to buy Fassionola
Also taken from the quote above:

Mind you I still get Fassionola from

John Malloch
John likes you to call ahead with order so he can pull it and have it ready at Will Call. open Mon-Fri, 9 to 5.

So, to recap, Fassionola is basically a fruit punch concentrate that doesn't have any passion fruit juice in it. But it is the preferred ingredient in old tiki drink recipes that call for it, especially Don The Beachcomber recipes. And passion fruit syrup, even the old Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup that had real passion fruit juice in it, is not an acceptable substitute in recipes that call for Fassionola. And Fassionola is still available, and you can order it here:

Jonathan English's Brand
Red Tropical Gold Fruit Mix - net 32 Fl. Oz. (1 Quart)
Green Old Fashion Tropical Mix - net 32 Fl. Oz. (1 Quart)
Distributed by Jonathan English Company
Available for purchase from
John Malloch

Mystery solved!

Hey, speaking of Fassionola, I heard that it's just Rose's Grenadine with yellow food coloring added. Where do you get that stuff, anyway?

I ran across this Tropical Blend Syrup from Monin, and I've been using it as my Fassionola, with one modification:

Monin describes this syrup as: "Like a tropical escape with varied colors, aromas and sights, Monin Tropical Blend is a wonderful medley of colors and flavors. Rich mango, aromatic passion fruit, lush pineapple, intense banana and citrusy tangerine are combined in one, easy to pour, tropical sensation"

The ingredients are: Pure Cane Sugar, Water, Mango Flavour, Passion Fruit Flavour, Pineapple Flavour, Concentrated Lemon Juice, Natural Banana Flavour, Natural Mandarin Flavour.

I combined about 75% of the Monin syrup and about 25% of the Hawaiian Punch syrup that I made ( 1 packet of HP mix, the amount of sugar called for on the packet and about 10 ounces of water). This blend really works in the DTB Pi-Yi and Rum Barrel.....Think I'll have one right now in fact!

Cheers,

Craig

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2009-07-15 20:10 ]

I have been using Pat O'Brians Hurricane mix as a replacement for the red Fassionola for years. I think it is the closest substitute out there.

I would love to know for sure. We should get a few master tiki bartenders and experts from this forum and taste a sealed bottle of the original stuff. Maybe we could all spark up demand and someone would begin producing it again.

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2009-07-21 04:07 ]

MT

On 2009-07-21 04:06, captnkirk wrote:
I have been using Pat O'Brians Hurricane mix as a replacement for the red Fassionola for years. I think it is the closest substitute out there.

Tell us exactly how you prepare the Pat O'Brien's Hurricane mix into your syrup. How much of the powdered mix, how much water, how long you boil it down, etc.

I would love to know for sure. We should get a few master tiki bartenders and experts from this forum and taste a sealed bottle of the original stuff.

Ran and I are going to do something like this with various passion fruit syrups during Tiki Oasis. We could do a direct comparison with your home made syrup from the Pat O'Brien's powdered mix vs. fassionola in a planters punch or something similar at Tiki Oasis as well. And we can easily obtain the fassionola for comparison in the San Diego area, since it is still being produced there.

Maybe we could all spark up demand and someone would begin producing it again.

Uh, did you read the post above? :) Fassionola is still being produced, and you can purchase it here:
Jonathan English's Brand
Red Tropical Gold Fruit Mix - net 32 Fl. Oz. (1 Quart)
Green Old Fashion Tropical Mix - net 32 Fl. Oz. (1 Quart)
Distributed by Jonathan English Company
Available for purchase from
John Malloch

I called them last week, and they have all three colors, the red, the green, and the gold.

Yes it's true, JE tropical drink mix is available to anyone. It is in no way anything like
Passion Fruit other than being a 'tropical' type drink mixer.
Seems like old drink recipes are coming back big, and so is the demand for
oddball mixers that you just don't see on the shelf at the local grocery.
Having a bottle of the JE tropical green in my cabinet for a few years, I've been
dying to try it. So I searched 'Fassionola Recipes' and came across this post.
If you have a sweet tooth and like sticky sweet drinks, then the Fassionola type
JE tropical mix is made to order.
I've been running America's Finest Bar Supply for so long that I remember selling
a lot of the real Falernum, Fassionola and Trader Vics products. My favorite was the
Trader Vic's bottle with the 'topless' Island Girl on the label. I still have a glass
bottle of TV's rock candy syrup, (though now clothed)on my desk and she's a real beauty!
With all the recent interest, and a hot day, a nice tropical drink sounded great.
I used the recipe posted earlier for the Fassionola Cocktail, just to keep it simple,
but substitued Green for Gold as that's what I had on hand and used Rum. Of course I think
most tropical drinks should have some sort of rum as the booze ingredient.
I have to admit, it's a scary looking mix if you're a stranger to it.
Shake the bottle well. One shaker can full of ice, jigger of Rum, jigger of Tropical Drink Mix.
Pour over cracked ice.
Once you crack the bottle open, it smells very sweet. Thick, very thick and well, just thick and sticky.
Just like I remember. (I used to deliver it local, and when you broke a bottle in the delivery truck,
it was a bad day and a major clean up operation!) Reminds me of green candy. The green's kinda limey, citrusy.
I'll be investigating the gold and red later.
On my 2nd cocktail now, very sweet and tasty. Looks like I've found my new summer drink!
Just have to get over the fact that the cocktail looks like slimey green swamp water, but great tasting!
Probably should have tried a different color first.
One mean sweet sugary limey tropical cocktail. Can't wait to try more recipes!
I am restocking current inventory soon, the calls for this have been few and far between,
but we try to accomodate. By mid August we will have a new run of all 3 colors in house.
We do mostly local business, so please be patient. I'll try to get your merchandise
out within 48 hours when requesting this product for shipment.
John
America's Finest

John,

Thank you for posting this. I can'twait to get my paws on all of the flavours. Can you tell us the price for the Fassionola? I don't see ot on your website.

Cheers,

Craig

HOLY COW!!!!

Jonathan English has a brand new website:

http://jonathanenglishcompany.com/jonathanenglish/flash.swf

I haven't even looked around much yet, I found it and wanted to post it ASAP!

PS-They have their own Orgeat as well!! It's under the Barcelona Mixers.

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2009-07-28 20:10 ]

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2009-07-28 20:10 ]

C

No chance of finding Fassionola here in the UK. However I did spot this in a local supermarket:

It's bright red, so the colour fits the bill alright! ponders whether to buy it anyway

I just got a sample of Fassionola. I don't see much challenge in recreating it using high quality, natural ingredients.

This will, of course, be heavily tested hic at the Trader Tiki official science lab and mixotorium.

J

On 2011-03-18 12:01, Trader Tiki wrote:
I just got a sample of Fassionola. I don't see much challenge in recreating it using high quality, natural ingredients.

This will, of course, be heavily tested hic at the Trader Tiki official science lab and mixotorium.

Any progress on this front?

Mahalo in advance,

Pages: 1 2 3 4 169 replies