Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Georgia Estate Sale Tiki Extravaganza Feb. 13th

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi all. I'm a newbie located in the Southwest, but my far reaching Tiki quest has revealed an upcoming estate sale in Alpharetta, Georgia, that I thought any member within driving distance might want to know about. Prices seem kind of high to me, but maybe you'll spot a piece you've been hunting for? Here is the link:

https://www.estatesales.net/GA/Alpharetta/30005/2473734

And because the link will likely be dead after the sale, here are a few photos of what those of us NOT in Georgia missed:

Apologies if this topic has been posted already. Mods, please delete if so. Thanks!

“The king is always killed by his courtiers. The king is overfed, overdrugged, overindulged—anything to keep the king tied to his throne. Most people in that position never wake up.” - John Lennon on the death of Elvis Presley

[ Edited by: Thatch Beaumont 2020-02-05 20:24 ]

[ Edited by: Thatch Beaumont 2020-02-05 20:25 ]

I don't think you're missing much. The majority of these mugs were made in the last few years and the vintage ones are pretty generic. Prices appear to be at or slightly below market value. I imagine 80-90% of the collection will still be available after the sale runs its course, unless they do a 50% or 75% off sale on the last day.

On 2020-02-06 10:06, mikehooker wrote:
I don't think you're missing much. The majority of these mugs were made in the last few years and the vintage ones are pretty generic. Prices appear to be at or slightly below market value. I imagine 80-90% of the collection will still be available after the sale runs its course, unless they do a 50% or 75% off sale on the last day.

Thanks Mike. I don't mean to spam the forum with modern kitsch. I have some work to do to get up to speed on what's what when in comes to mug collecting. I'm viewing eBay sold listings and trying to navigate my way through the collecting forum to see what TC members consider the holy grails of Tiki mug collecting. And like you say, final hour of the final day of that sale, they might be blowing those things out the door.

Pages: 1 2 replies