Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

TC20 Art Swap

Pages: 1 13 replies

Tiki Art Swap - no theme, anything goes (just make it Tiki)! Use your social distancing time to make some art! Assuming the world goes back to normal, Tiki Oasis will be August 12. A July 31st drawing will allow plenty of coordination time for anyone who will be swapping at Oasis.

Official Swap Rules - Artists create an work of Tiki art. Can be any media; clay, wood, paint, fabric, beads, digital, metal, glass, mixed media, etc. The intent is for this to be an original "one-off" work of art, not part of a mass produced run. If it is created from an existing mold it should be heavily modified. Digital art or screen prints should be printed on a nice substrate, not just run off on a piece of art pad paper. You must post a picture of your finished piece by the deadline in order to be included in the drawing, anyone who does not show evidence of a finished project will not be included in the name drawing. Names will be drawn at random and paired together, these people will swap art. Remember that you will probably ship your art to your partner, don't make anything so large or heavy that it cannot be shipped cost effectively (We have even had non-US Swappers) If you are not an established Swapper and/or established TC member, I will ask for real name and cell phone number so we have a solid contact in the event of a problem. Most of all, have fun and interact with some fellow TC folks

Well, do you have some spare time now with Covid19 Social Distancing? Might as well be doing art! Let's get going on a new Art Swap to finish the end of July. Last year we didn't set a theme, just anything Tiki. That seemed to work well, should we do that again?

I will post official rules and end date later

"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2020-03-24 19:32 ]

MadDogMike that works for me. Thank you for the start up. Wendy

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Mar 24, 2020 8:32 PM

Well, I was going to suggest "20 Years of Tiki Central" as a broad theme, but looks like you've already decided on the broadest theme possible.

Let me mull this over and see if there's something I can contribute.

Hamo, I'm glad you commented here. You were the only one I was having trouble finding an email address or Facebook connection to.

I sent sent notices to 23 people who participated in the past 5 Swaps, let's see if we can get some of the old veterans back!

Hi MDM!

Thanks for reaching out and including me. This is the kick in the pants I need to get back into creating some tiki art! I was just telling my husband I needed a project. I hope all is well and everyone is weathering their social isolation decently enough. I'm a 5th grade technology teacher and teaching virtually is WAY harder than in person. Who would have thought?

Anyhow I "see" a few of you in Facebook land but look forward to checking out posts and seeing what the masses are up to.

Oh, and I need some serious inspiration. Thanks in advance.

Lori
Lori(still)Loves Tiki

Aloha all
Count me in
No theme
Love it

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
What to do
:)

Cheers to you all
And be safe

Jon

Hey Mike!

Thank you for reaching out. I appreciate your fearless leadership on this, brother.

It has been awhile since I participated in an art swap but I’m looking forward to joining in!

Hello, everyone! Can’t wait to see what creative contributions everyone will be making.

Peace,
Jason

T
TU posted on Wed, Mar 25, 2020 7:47 PM

Sounds like a good use of self isolation. Thanks Mike!

T

Aloha, all! Mad Dog, thanks for reaching out to me & bringing me back to TC!

Sounds like fun- I'm on a break from working with clay, as I gave up my membership at local clay studio, but can play with some ideas using wood & a router.

Looking forward to it!

Y'know, it's been awhile...
Why not? I'm in.

And just like that
There were 9

Keep jumping in Tiki peeps

This is going to be so much fun because we are all reconnecting. I have my project figured out. Hugs for all of you, Wendy

Z

Thanks for letting me know about this, MDM! It has been awhile! Just thinking about my project.....

We started this Swap and then the Tiki Central world was plunged into darkness. We finished up the Swap on Facebook with 19 Swap participants

2020 ArtSwap1a Queen Kamehameha (above) swapped with LoriLovesTiki (below) 2020 Artswap1b

2020 Artswap2a Hang10Tiki (above) swapped with Cy (below) 2020 artswap2b

2020 artswap3a Caren Marin-Siliera (above) swapped with Mieko (below) 2020 artswap3b

2020 artswap4a AlohaStation (above) swapped with TikiAno (below) 2020 artswap4b

2020 artswap5a TU (above) swapped with David Ray (below) 2020 artswap5b

2020 Artswap6a Anthony Maye (above) swapped with MadDogMike (below) 2020 artswap6b

2020 artswap7a TikiDaye (above) swapped with Lucky the Pain Proof Man (below) 2020 artswap7b

2020 Artswap8a John Mumford (above) swapped with TikiG (below) 2020 artswap8b

And finally, in a 3 way swap - 2020 Artswap9a John Markovich (above) sent to SewTiki (below) 2020 Artswap9b SewTiki (above) sent to DanLovesTikis (below) who sent to John Markovich 2020 artswap9c

Pages: 1 13 replies