Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Officiall Southern California Hoity Toity Tiki Crawl IV

Pages: 1 2 84 replies

Danny,

Yeah, do a T-shirt! They'll sell out for sure.

I swear about 12 more So. Cal. TCers have joined this forum since the last post of this thread. We can easily fill the bus if we can solidify a date. I can't complain, for I live too far to help organize this tiki crawl, but I will put my priorities on hold to make this event.
Can we do it fellow tiki-ites!?

S

Drunk Pea sez, be sure to know when it is.
Pe ia a vetran of all the SF tiki crawls, and would like to partake of the Socal cral for once. Got to go to Sams seafood in August, and was ready to move in... anyone wanna dopt a Pea for a weekend? I don't take much space, and I dont' take long to git ready. Mig can vouch fer me...
mahalo...
Pea

The next OC Mini-Crawl is scheduled for 12/6/03.

Be there for your country!

Ask not what your Tiki can do for you, but ask what you can do for your Tiki...

P

(edit: "drunk pablus" is refering to the Sam's Show seen on the evening of Oct. 17th in the post below....)

Hey. It's already 2:38AM over here on the "EC" and we ain't seen no pitchers yet.

You expect us to remain TC "fillintheblank"-ites when we can't live vicariously throught the "OC" ers?

I asked for "FRESH" mint,
pablus

[ Edited by: pablus on 2003-10-20 13:50 ]

OK folks,
If you're talking about December, then I could probably make it (with the missus). Never been to any crawl, so I'm looking forward to it.

Ran

This will be a nice initation for you two, Ran. :)

Bong!

You should start a new post (like last time when you and Arty were going back and forth)and run with it (Bury this post and start a new one with the origins starting from "a O.C.T.C'er/ Hoity Toity person that you are).

We're not sure if our Bamboo Ben store will be able to host the pre-party-pu pu hour-bus boarding-departing-after hours pu pu grind, this time around. I might be working down in Palm Springs at the time.

Floratina - as longs as there's no hazing, I'm OK :wink:

Ran

Bad news, KtR...
I believe you must consume a large quantity of alcohol. (Being left in the trunk of your car in a puddle of sick is optional.)

T

Ran

The only thing hazy will be your vision. We'll keep an "I" out for you buddy.

Trustar

Oh, the things I do just to feel accepted...

(note to self - remember to eat something before...otherwise Purple Jade's optional scenario might materialize)

Ran

On 2003-10-19 23:26, RevBambooBen wrote:

Bong!

You should start a new post (like last time when you and Arty were going back and forth)and run with it (Bury this post and start a new one with the origins starting from "a O.C.T.C'er/ Hoity Toity person that you are).

Unfortunately, there will be no going back and forth this time. Gotta miss this one (out of town again :( )but we'll be thinking of you all while you while you suck 'em up at Sam's.

I think I'll be goin' to this one, can't wait to meet everybody! Hopefully I'll have tiki necklaces for everyone on tour, so I'll have to get a count of how many tiki-freebies to make as we get closer.

did this happen already. last I read, it should be coming up, early Dec.??? Chiki, did you make those shirts?

The last time Bong and I talked about the Crawl he said that we were gonna push it back for what ever reason.

Tony, make sure you save one of those necklaces for me, I've been wanting one ever since I saw your first post about 'em.

Decided to make the OC Crawl a annual event instead of a 'I want to go now' type gig.

Mark you calendars for March '04.

T

There'll be one with yer name on it, Spike.

Thank's boss

Lookin' forward to it.

TB

Hey Bong, is everything still a go for the OC crawl on March 4th?

Post that question again next week. I'm having sex right now. Gotta go!

Flabohjah!

OK, sex is done now (I was practicing for Valentines Day!).

Well, March 4th won't work as it's a school night (finishing up the ol' GED), but we could possibly think about March 13th.

If this seems plausable, I'll start a new thread on it as this one is something of a 'The boy who cried Tiki Crawl' thread now.

March 13th - good for us...just please don't push it to March 20th (Going somewhere else on that weekend).

Mahalo
Ran

I will be down March 12 and then flying to Ireland, Sunday the 14th.
Friday night would be perfect. If that doesn't connect, I will definitely meet up with you guys for a tail somewhere in there.

FYI King will be in Europe until the following weekend. Will Iuka Grogg and Shirley be available for on-board entertainment? This is very important.

MUST! HAVE! UKULELES!

S

March is always "the ugly month" for me and mine.

I'd like to go but we can't do March 13 and March 20 is questionable. March 27 is cool but I know that's too close to the SF Crawl.

We could likely meet up with da group later if it's on the March 20th. Personally speaking, I'm a summer kinda guy, anyhoo.

The date is gonna be problematic with someone no matter when it is, so as the song goes, "don't cry for me, Art&Tina!"

I'll keep an eye out for the final, final date and we'll see what happens.

On 2004-02-12 00:49, floratina wrote:
FYI King will be in Europe until the following weekend. Will Iuka Grogg and Shirley be available for on-board entertainment? This is very important.

Aloha and darnit! March weekends aren't looking too good for this ukester. As much as I really would love to be there, The Crawl must go on (but maybe it'll move to a night I can join in the shenanigans?)!

-Iuka G.

I'd rather wait until our our tiki-brethren can attend. I'll try in June or July...

T

On 2004-02-13 18:17, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I'd rather wait until our our tiki-brethren can attend. I'll try in June or July...

That's great because my travel is curtailed for a while due to moving, etc., and I wouldn't want to miss it either.

CA

Dang A-lang a Ding Dong......

Let us do this sucker on a Fri and kill the Polynesian Review again!!! and hit the road running down the coast before last call!!!!!!!

Plenty for time to save the clams for the big night out... ITD!! on the Road????????

Sleep over at the many Hotels next to Sam's for Sat activities.... Summer rate suck but with 10 in a room they aren't bad!

CA

Tiki Beach games across Pasific Coast Highway in the sand on Sat!!!

Bring your PithHelmet for the coconut toss!
and Spear chucking ect....

Sunburn winners get a Tiki... ON AN ON AND ON!

Tiki activities with sleepovers attached are the very best!

T

Hangover breakfast at the Harbor House! Ben told me about this place on my last visit but I haven't "Ben" there yet.

Oh, yeah! I've had many hangover and pre-hangover breakfasts at Harbor House..... open 24 hours, and almost always a wait to be seated....!

Pages: 1 2 84 replies