Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pinapple Recipes from 1961 Woman's Day Magazine!

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

Just in case any of you are in a cooking mood, I thought I'd share some recipes I just came across in the May 1961 issue of Woman's Day... It has a special pull-out 'collectors cookbook'.

PINEBURGERS

Broil thin pattie of ground beef; at same time broil drained pineapple slices. When meat is almost done, lay a slice of cheddar cheese on each pineapple slice and broil only enough to melt cheese slightly. Put pineapple ona hot platter and top each slice with a patty.

PINEAPPLE FRANK KEBABS

Cut frankfurters in 1" lengths. String on skewers alternately with drained pineapple chunks. Mix equal parts of prepared mustard and pineapple syrup, brush on frankfurters and pineapple chunks. Broil until sizzling hot.

PINEAPPLE ICE CREAM

1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
dash salt
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup heavy cream, whipped

Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil and noil 5 minutes. Cool, add pineapple, pour into tray. Freeze in freezing compartment of refrigerator or in frezer until mushy. Fold in cream, freeze until firm. Makes 1 quart.

Ooh, The kids are gunna love this. Pineapple, hot dogs and the grill. You can't go wrong!

My personal favorite is as follows:

Decapitate and core two pineapples in the same fashion as for making drink cups. Do what you want with the innards but save the tops. Fill each pineapple with the liquor of you choice, my favorite is Pussers rum. Brush the rim of the pineapple with some honey or maple syrup (it's a glue rather than a flavoring) then put the top back on and skewer it in place. Thread the two pineapples onto a rotisserie with the tops touching and grill long enough for the liquor to be absorbed which can be as long as thirty minutes. Remove and enjoy! :)

S
SES posted on Mon, Sep 15, 2003 3:08 AM

[ Edited by: susane on 2004-01-20 06:06 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies