Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Your Favorite Funniest Movies

Pages: 1 2 77 replies

S
SES posted on Sun, Oct 12, 2003 1:59 AM

I've given this quite a bit of thought and came to the conclusion that anything by Peter Sellers or Mel Brookes is funniest shit around.

T

The Party, for sure!
Birdy num nums!

H

Blues Brothers Baby!!

Blues Brothers 2000 is okay, but not as good as the 1st. Music is tops though

"Dark Star" - Great low-budget, 1974 John Carpenter space flick.

"Easy Money" - Classic Rodney.

"Midnight Run" - Great deadpan Grodin: "Ninety-nine bottles of beer-on-the-wallllllll..."

"The Three Stooges in Orbit" - Great Saturday afternoon movie.

Hmmm... funny movies.... I'd say:

Caveman
Young Frankenstein
Auntie Mame (Rosalyn Russell)
Bringing Up Baby (brilliant!)
and
All About Eve (always makes me laugh out loud.)

Oh.. and Spinal Tap - the extended, DVD re-release. (Intravenous De Milo... funny stuff.)

On 2004-10-13 10:21, Sam Gambino wrote:
"Dark Star" - Great low-budget, 1974 John Carpenter space flick.

"Easy Money" - Classic Rodney.

"Midnight Run" - Great deadpan Grodin: "Ninety-nine bottles of beer-on-the-wallllllll..."

"The Three Stooges in Orbit" - Great Saturday afternoon movie.

Great movies: "Dark Star" was the seed for nearly every major SciFi moves for the next 15 years (they all had either a Writer, Director or Special Effects director from Dark Star involved, and Alien was based on just part of the movie).

"Easy Money" is Rodney Dangerfield's unsung classic, one of his funniest movies, plus several other good actors came out of it. And I got to see part of it being filmed as a kid on Staten Island.

"Midnight Run" is a great buddy/road picture like Hope/Crosby's "Road..." pictures & "Planes, Trains & Automobiles."

Isn't the "The Three Stooges in Orbit" the one where they escape the Martians by jumping off the edge of the world? It's been a long time & I might have it mixed up with "Have Rocket, Will Travel."

"My Man Godfrey" (1936)- William Powell (The Thin Man and one of the great comic actors of all time) and Carol Lombard. Spoiled, dizzy socialite has to find a "forgotten man" in a scavenger hunt, he is a disilluisioned rich man escaping life by hanging out with bowery bums. She decides to make him her protege and he becomes a butler in their disfunctional rich household.

"His Girl Friday" (1940) Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell- Just see it!

"Night Shift" (1982)- Michael Keaton's first movie that also features Henry Winkler and Shelly Long, about two losers that start running prostitutes out of the NY City morgue.

"Ace Ventura" (both of them) and "Bruce Almighty" Carrey's best since the Ace Ventura movies IMHO.

TM1

Pink panther strikes again....herbert lom kills!
The party.....the dart fired at the cowboy's head!
The odd couple..the sound Felix makes while trying to clear his stuffed ear in a crowded coffee shop..
The blues brothers.....the whole movie is funny!
Animal house..the scene with the bad guys fraternity giving Kevin bacon a swat..kind of reminds me of George Bush in his "skull and bones" days!!
Detroit rock city...the girl in the bathroom
Swingers
Made ....are you the red dragon?
Slap shot...the hanson brothers rule!! Want some foil, coach?
Bad news bears in breaking training..the fat kid on the toliet eating KFC.
Big fat liar, a kids movie but very funny when the bad guy get's dyed blue and orange!
Home alone....when the tarantula lands on the robber, he screams even louder then thru the whole movie!

On 2004-10-13 11:56, freddiefreelance wrote:

Great movies: "Dark Star" was the seed for nearly every major SciFi moves for the next 15 years (they all had either a Writer, Director or Special Effects director from Dark Star involved, and Alien was based on just part of the movie).

"Easy Money" is Rodney Dangerfield's unsung classic, one of his funniest movies, plus several other good actors came out of it. And I got to see part of it being filmed as a kid on Staten Island.

"Midnight Run" is a great buddy/road picture like Hope/Crosby's "Road..." pictures & "Planes, Trains & Automobiles."

Isn't the "The Three Stooges in Orbit" the one where they escape the Martians by jumping off the edge of the world? It's been a long time & I might have it mixed up with "Have Rocket, Will Travel."

Hey ffl, which "Easy Money" scene(s) were you able to see being filmed? It would be great to have seen that. Joe Pesce is classic in that movie too. The Three Stooges in Orbit is the one where there are Martians trying to steal a spaceship invention so they can conquer the world - typical 1960's Stooges stuff!
Also, I loved that beach ball style alien in "Dark Star".

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-10-13 14:51 ]

On 2004-10-13 14:49, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey ffl, which "Easy Money" scene(s) were you able to see being filmed? It would be great to have seen that. Joe Pesce is classic in that movie too.

I saw them filming the scene where they pick up the wedding cake at the Bakery & Fish Market.

The Three Stooges in Orbit is the one where there are Martians trying to steal a spaceship invention so they can conquer the world - typical 1960's Stooges stuff!

OK, then it's "Have Rocket, Will Travel" where they escape the aliens by jumping off the edge of the world.

Also, I loved that beach ball style alien in "Dark Star".

That's the scene that Dan O'Bannon later based Alien on.

Then that's the scene when Joe Pesce "wedges the cake against the toilet" in his plumbing van so it won't move around... Classic!

Withnail and I

Trader Woody

TW

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka!
Hollywood Shuffle
Coming to America
Real Genius
Popcorn movie (I think that's the name)

SPACEBALLS hands down!

On 2004-10-14 09:47, Tiki Woo wrote:
Hollywood Shuffle

Why ya be gotta pull a knife on me?
I begot no weapon!

Dr. Strangelove

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

TW

Not Popcorn Movie,

its Kentucky Fried Movie!!

I knew it had food in it's title...

you gotta love Bill Murray!
Stripes - still holds up
What About Bob?
Groundhog Day
Scrooged - good holiday fare
The Man Who Knew Too Little - this got almost no publicity, but it's hilarious. you really have to pay attention though, or you will miss half the jokes.

Swingers!!

I can never say " Vegas Baby, Vegas.." enough.

Doug Liman's next movie after that was "Go". Also a really funny movie!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-10-17 11:12 ]

On 2004-10-14 16:20, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-10-14 09:47, Tiki Woo wrote:
Hollywood Shuffle

Why ya be gotta pull a knife on me?
I begot no weapon!

"I don't do that shit no mo... lest you got some"

a few of my faves:

King Pin
The Dancing Outlaw
Cry Baby
Untamed Youth
Vaccuuming Completely Nude in Paradise
Flirting With Disaster
Trekkies 1 & 2
The Jerk
The Cable Guy
Village of the Giants
Happiness

T
  1. Boggie Night - "Some people say I Look Like Han Solo"
  2. The Royal Tennenbaums - "Did you just call me Coltrane"
  3. So I Married an Axe Murderer - "Head, Pants, Now!!!"
  4. Joe Dirt - "Keep that Skoal baby"
  5. Snatch - "Ya waant a daag wit dat"
  6. Waking Ned Devine - "Here you go Fin, I brought you some Exotic Soaps"
  7. Cecil B. Demented - "Patch Adams doesn't need a directors cut, It was long enough the first time"
  8. Swingers - "I'm gonna make Wayne Gretsky's Head Bleed"
  9. There's something about Mary - "Frank and Beans!!!!
  10. Shallow Hal - "I have a tail alright"

Road Trip
Dumb and Dumber
Blazing Saddles
All of the American Pie's
Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail
Any Cheech and Chong movie
Porky's 1 and 2
Weird Science
Easy Money
Freddy got Fingered

On 2004-10-17 11:11, aquaorama wrote:
Swingers!!

I can never say " Vegas Baby, Vegas.." enough.

That was a comedy? Bloody hell, I missed all the jokes in that one. 90 minutes of a bunch of knob-heads going "That's so money" - I can't see how any enjoyment could be derived from that movie......awful......awful.......

Trader Woody

maybe not THE funniest...but how about
The Gods Must Be Crazy 1 and 2...and
Atomic Cocktail....Is the Petey
Wheatstraw movie about the blues singer?
He's a good one!
I also agree with "The Man Who Knew Too
Little"...the Russian dancing scene with
the bomb is one of the funniest scenes
ever

T

That was a comedy? Bloody hell, I missed all the jokes in that one. 90 minutes of a bunch of knob-heads going "That's so money" - I can't see how any enjoyment could be derived from that movie......awful......awful.......

Knob-heads, thats so money....Oh wait, were talking about the PG-13 Movie from the front of the video store, not the "Swingers" Film from the little room in the back. :blush:

Till next time, keep the ice cold and the blender warm.

[ Edited by: tikilee on 2004-10-19 15:46 ]

On 2004-10-19 15:41, tikilee wrote:

Knob-heads, thats so money....Oh wait, were talking about the PG-13 Movie from the front of the video store, not the "Swingers" Film from the little room in the back. :blush:

Classic!
Next!

Trader Woody

drop dead fred

poolhall junkies

Pages: 1 2 77 replies