Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

User name changed to "Tiki G." ....click here for link to that page....

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies

T

.....and once again, thanks Mr. Rodeo

Excellent as always, G!

T

Thanks alot Aaron.

Howz that Lancelot working out? Still got all your body parts?

Looking forward to the finished product....

G.

Lancelot worked great! Only a minor kickback or two before I mastered it. No missing parts, though. I'm thinking of picking up the Squire to go with it. Apparently you can mount the Lancelot & Squire in tandem for REAL FAST wood removal.

Mahalo for all of your safety tips!

Aaron

Nice work G!

Is that a chair leg?

The "teeth tikis" are the bread and butter but I love seeing the classics you dive into on the side... the home furnishings kick butt too!

Might get to go surfing here Thursday... lake thawed a bit and with the south wind kicking 15-25 mph and the air temp up to 46 we get to surf 34 degree waves...

T

Lake you are correct Sir'. It is indeed a chair leg....oak. It is now a tap handle for a draft beer tower should I say. Have been makeing a few of these things here lately. Takes me just as much time to carve one of these little rascals as it does a 4ft tiki it seems....go figure. Not really worth the time spent doing it if you know what I mean.

Dude that is some cold ass water you got there. You actually have to wait for the ice to melt! Holy cow, you must be wearing 5 mil suits? Waves were pretty fun here over the Holidays, small but clean. Here are a couple links to my two favorite surf report sites here in N. Florida.

http://www.surf-station.com (St. Augustine)

http://www.fluidgroove.net (jacksonville Bch)

Also a link to my surf club. Some pics of me doing my stuff in there under member photos.

http://www.wavemasters.org (surf club)

Thanks alot for the praise Dave. I like carving the ancient looking things just as well. You keep up the good work yourself. In the middle of another Bar and Dartboard cabinet at the moment. Will post pics as soon as they are done.

Be cool,

G.

M

Awesome Awesome poles folks! I am still trying to get the smooth looking lines like so many have mastered here. I won't be selling them though. Too much time involved and injuries that have memories tied to the logs I affectionately hack on.

your neighbor

McTiki

McTiki glad you likes. Yes, there have been a few I would have liked to of kept myself, but to this point, I have not one of my own yet believe it or not. My girlfriend has one and many friends and family as well.

Thanks alot for the compliment,

G.

T

DANG!!! it looks like you died and are in tiki heaven. the tikis look great. you've got a cool style and i like them a lot. keep it up!!

Tiki5-O,

Yeah that's a lot of tikis right there...and a couple of sore peoples too. Didn't feel like heaven when I was up to my neck in saw dust! That's about two cases of beer worth of tikis. Carve a little, drink a beer, carve a little more, drink another beer....you get the picture.

Thanks alot 5-O,

G.

Damn

That wall of unfinished tikis is sweet....

Wall-o-tiki

MonkeyMan how are ya. Thanks alot.
Wall-O-Tiki!....reminded me of Wall-O-Voodoo the 80's band. Those frames you have been kickin' out are looking really cherry. You got it down man. Good stuff.

Be cool, G.

Hot Damn!
You've arrived G.
Super sweet lines and style!
A nice mix of "old style" and "new school"

I would hate to let them go... tho' you're probably gonna make enough for a surf trip to Costa or a few new sticks...

And you can always carve more... that's what I always tell myself....

Keep up the great work!

B

Hey G, you continut to post Awesome stuff and in Big numbers. It's good to see an artist carving so many tikis. The more you carve, the better you get and the more you sell. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Benz and Lake for your replies and compliments.....It's hard work, but I still enjoy it. I'll keep one for myself one day. I have to get the 10 finished up and delivered on Feb. 5th......I'll post pics of the finished tikis when I get them done.

G.

Those poles are beautiful! I can just imagine all the work that went into them, I mean a few more like that & Trish'll have to change her name to "Sandy!" :D I hope you get pictures of them after they're delivered & installed, do you know if they're going to be spread out or set up as the Wall-o-Tiki?

Hey Freddie, thanks. You know it's funny you say that because I have been calling her that lately. She has been calling me dusty for quite sometime, 'cause when I walk around I look like "Pig Pen" from Charlie Brown. You know dust flying everywhere.....

I should have some pics after installation in the surf bar. The name is "Bay Beach Bar". It's not open just yet, but will be soon. Not sure how he is going to set them up.....Delivering them to south Florida to be put into a shipping container that will be leaving out of port on the 9th Feb.

Woooo Hoooo! "SUPER BOWL" here in a couple of weeks... This town's going to be ROCKIN" and a ROLLIN'!!!!

Be cool, G.

M

Awesome work Tiki T!!! Hey G, you should start a thread on "how to engage the Wahines of the house to carve with us" instead of throwing tantrums because they feel like Tiki widows.

McTiki

B

Beautiful work. You're a busy family! I love the portable bar and the tiki with the straw (hair) coming out of his head. You have a whole population of great personalities there. You definately take procreating seriously! Pretty soon, with your help, we'll be seeing Tiki listed in the national census as a race.

You got a new fan!

Thanks McTiki and Beachin.....Yeah it's cool to have your girlfriend out there helping out. It sure makes things go alot easier. That's why we dig each other and we get along so good. She understands my purpose, determination and drive and want's to see me succeed from the effort. She's a "one-of-a-kind" ALL PURPOSE Chic that's for sure. Took me a while to find one like her, but I finally did. Man, have I been through some doozies. Start a new thread on "How to handle the Tiki Carving Spouse" you say? Uh, I'm no Dr. Phil, but I will say if people are not flowing with their spouses or significant others, why stay in situations you do not have to. Life is WAY too short. I learned this the hard way as well......

Beachin, the word busy stays in our vocabulary. There is no sense in having goals if you do not carry them out....Thanks for the support!

Tiki G.

B

On 2005-01-21 11:10, tikifreak wrote:
Start a new thread on "How to handle the Tiki Carving Spouse" you say? Uh, I'm no Dr. Phil, but I will say if people are not flowing with their spouses or significant others, why stay in situations you do not have to. Life is WAY too short.

I have a neat story about support.

Last May, I took my daughter to celebrate her birthday in Houston. While I was gone, my husband cleaned out the shack in my grandmother's backyard, carpeted it, laid waterproof flooring, hooked up electricity, and made a home for my kiln.

I came home to a complete studio that he had basically built in 4 days. I love my studio, and smile every time I think of him out there sweating in the summer heat, with the sole purpose of supporting my art.

I agree that without the support, we would be miserable. But with it...the sky is the limit!

Pages: 1 2 3 129 replies