Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

PRINTS of the Tiki Ti's new painting!

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies

K

hey tiki centralites

i wanted you to see this painting and know that i have spoken with a fellow tiki central member and carver extraordinaire to have a frame made for it to hang in...though i don't know how long it will be until it actually gets mounted on the wall i can brag about the fact that there IS a spot on a wall being saved for this piece at the Tiki Ti...LA's most exotic bar by far...

i have mentioned to the owners of the tiki ti that it might be cool to reporduce this image for sale...those of you interested in hanging this image above YOUR personal bar at home may want to reply to this thread and reserve one in case they commit to this mutual venture...quantities would be limited to 50 and i am confident that a few galleries here in LA and others elsewhere will want theirs...

if made they'll be generated near to 100% which is 13"X20"

the cost of a print is yet unknown but i will feed this thread info as i recieve it from my printer...ballpark price would be up around $200US ...i hope you groove with this bit of imagery as tiki fans and i look forward to seeing you with drinks in our hands under the roof of the Tiki Ti tonight! i'll be the drunk guy so come on over and chat me up if you recognize me!

also...a corporation called "macskinz"

http://www.macskinz.com/

has expressed interest in creating a product line representing my paintings...bytes from this tiki ti image will be remixed to wrap an ibook up in style! $75 a skin for the coolest laptop EVER!

thanks for your attention!

kooch-e-koo
aka
Miles Thompson

Jeeziz H., Miles...
Have I told you lately that I love you?

I would be verrrry interested! I've always loved your style, and this is such a fantastic piece. I'm eager to hear more details. Slap me on the list (please).

Very nice Miles.....save one for us........Aloha

Because I like to kiss ass..

nice stuff. Any gallery showings?

-Tikimonkey, who's sick of looking in Juxtapoz and only seeing L.A. and New York as the only "cool" galleries.

D

Yes please! I would also like to be put on the list. This is GREAT! :tiki:

K

OK! this is incredible...so stoked you are into this idea...the list will start as follows...because i wish to respect those that produce such fantastic elixers and are the mix masters off all time as well as the inspiration for this painting i want to save editions number 1-5 for Mike Sr and family to allocate...thusly we will start at number 6...

6)Humuhumu
7)bongofury
8)DawnTiki

and to address tikimonkey's questions...i do have a gallery show coming up in april of 2004 at Copro Nason ...and though there will be tiki imagery there (and at least one hand carved tiki frame by kick ass carver Danny Gallardo)...half of the show will be made up of other images. i also have a show lined up sometime at the end of 2004 in Palm Springs at the M Modern gallery...date to be determined...

again thanks for your interest in this image!

Miles, what a fine dream you dreamt up under the influence! I'd want one, but I am having serious space problems with not an inch left on my house's walls for more art. I will just have to open my own gallery to be able put up everything I like!!!
I think I will gaze at it in the haze of a Ray's....(mistake, that is) at it's place of origin. You goin there toon-nite, rilly?

K

tonight between 6:30-7PM

see you there big bro!

S
SES posted on Sat, Oct 18, 2003 5:44 PM

WOW! I love it.

Let me know if you make them up. I want one!

ps... I just put it as my desktop image and it's a perfect fit.
:D

Listen to the Universe and Dance to the Rhythm of it SES

[ Edited by: SES on 2003-10-18 17:55 ]

[ Edited by: SES on 2003-10-18 18:05 ]

Add me to the list Miles!

~Hanford

Killer! Put me on the list please.

Cheers,

KT

K

this is great...i am about an hour from leavig to have a chichi and i can't WAIT to (take that first sip) tell the folks there at the TT about this post...

so now we have a list that looks as such...

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki

only 39 prints left...WOW! this is TOO cool. thank you all for your sincere interest once again...can't wait for that chichi!

apologies...didn't see that you wanted one SES...

thanks again!

[ Edited by: kooche on 2003-10-18 18:56 ]

Shouldn't this be in 'Collecting Tiki'?

Nice homage to the mighty ones. Cheers!

-M.

K

it is official! Mike has shaken my hand on the print endeavor making it possible for me to legally proceed with reproducing this piece with the Tiki Ti's name in it!!! so in a few weeks prints will be distributed to those of you that have opted to buy one of your own. i am so excited (and a bit happier than i am normally thanks to the Tiki Ti's secret elixers) to get this going...thanks to everyone especially those 2 gents that won't spill the beans on the proportions and identities of the needed ingredients to mix those famously tastey beverages of the GODS!

S
SES posted on Sun, Oct 19, 2003 12:29 AM

Congrats!
Can't wait. The more I look at it the more I love it.
:)

Add me to the list please!

Please, Miles, add me to the list. Hurry up and get them done before the Canadian dollar goes down again!

[ Edited by: fartsatune on 2003-10-19 02:21 ]

Please add me too!

Please add "Rock-A-Tiki" to the list.
Great work.

A

Hey Miles, nice idea. Please toss my hat in the ring, sign me up, mark me down.

Cheers to the Macskinz/DogCollarLabor duo too.

-Randy

I'd love to say add me to the list too...but I can't until I sell more of MY stuff!
Hope there'll be some left by then...

sign me up for one. i dig the layout, and the transitions from graphic to painterly. it would be nice to gaze upon this print in my pad on the days that Tiki Ti are closed, and to imagine drowning in a blue hawaiian.
please keep us updated.

Wow! What timing! I've been out of town for the last five weeks and this is the first thread I've seen since then. Miles, count me in! I'd love to have this print. It's a fabulous hommage to an amazing place. Hope to see you at the bar soon (now that I'm back around). If there's any info I need to know about, my e-mail is [email protected]
Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Very nice work! put me on the list.

K

MAHALO to everyone interested in this piece...this is all going SO fast! almost half of the prints are spoken for at this point! ZOOM!

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki
12•Unga Bunga
13•fartsatune
14•SullTiki
15•Rock-A-Tiki
16•aquarj
17•tikitanked
18•weirduncletiki
19•johnnievelour

the painting will be in the printers's hands tomorrow AM and turnaround time will be in a couple of weeks...color calibration needs to be given the thumbs up before we actually make the run of all the prints...

when i get an email back from my frame carver i'll post details regarding what is to go around the original piece in the Tiki Ti...the idea that i get to have a piece of tiki art around my painting is totally cool to me...like M.Ryden's custom frames!

ALSO!

Tapa is headed to the printer at the same time that this piece is going through color processing. so if you happen to be a fan of my tiki art but miss out on a chance to get one of these prints you may be one of those that decide to pick up a much larger print by the same artist...details to follow as well as more pix of this piece...

BIG MAHALO to the TT and to Tiki Central and it's populus!!!

Ren and Tiki!

Right on!

Please save one for me!

this is da kine bruddah!

T

Please Please add me to the list. Great work.

TikiPug

It's great. Please add me to the list. Thanks, Dawna

I

I raise my hand up high, so I may receive this print.

I share one piece of history with Tiki Ti - we were both born in April of 1961. My birthdate is April 21, and my earliest memories is that life seemed a bit empty at first. 7 days later the Tiki Ti opened its doors, and the world has been a much better place since.

VErn

I'm interested. I really like the style in that painting. Very cool.

K

this is totally cool... by the way i heard form my carver buddy and he has said that the piece will have a frame and be presented to the tiki ti by halloween!!! that's 11 days away! i can't wait!

the new list...

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki
12•Unga Bunga
13•fartsatune
14•SullTiki
15•Rock-A-Tiki
16•aquarj
17•tikitanked
18•weirduncletiki
19•johnnievelour
20•Primo Kimo
21•TikiPug
22•tikifille
23•ikitnrev
24•Monkeyman
25•????????????

and here is the other piece that i am sending to print....this piece is 2 years old and it's a bit bigger than the tiki ti's piece...30X40"

those people interested in acquiring a print of this are looking at spending $250 each...there will only be 50 of these made and 3 artist proofs...if you want to hop on the list all you have to do is reply to this thread...

Q:who are these guys and where the HELL are they?

A: yours truly and someone (?) at the TIKI TI just last night!!!

T

I'd be up for the second print. Isn't that Mr. Smiley?

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2003-10-20 04:44 ]

kooche, please put me on the list for both prints.

K

OK! now i have 2 running lists...

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki
12•Unga Bunga
13•fartsatune
14•SullTiki
15•Rock-A-Tiki
16•aquarj
17•tikitanked
18•weirduncletiki
19•johnnievelour
20•Primo Kimo
21•TikiPug
22•tikifille
23•ikitnrev
24•Monkeyman
25•Suburban Hipster

and Tapa's list looks as such

5•Turbogod
6•Suburban Hipster

THANKS!

[ Edited by: kooche on 2003-10-20 08:13 ]

Please stick my name on the list.

Mahalo

K

Maui_Matt

which print were you interested in? the TikiTi image or Tapa?

gratitude!

JT

Awesome work! Please put me down for one of the larger Tapa prints!

Hey there, I am in as well. Awesome prints! Please add me to both lists.

Thanks so much.

HL

Put me down for a 'tapa' print

Yup, that leiderhosen laden lad in the photo above is Mr. Smiley. Yow!

Add me to the Tapa list please!

Yup, that leiderhosen laden lad in the photo above is Mr. Smiley. Yow!

Check out those those gams, bay-bee!
:music: Who wears short shorts? :music:

Gee, I would love the Tapa print too, 2 prints right now aren't in my budget. I have been to your site many times Miles, do you sell other prints? If so where? I would love to be able to start a collection of your work.

M

Please put me on the list for the Tiki Ti print! Please please!

Many thanks & beautiful work.

-Martin

"martiki"

Miles, I love your work and think both of these prints are really wonderful, but this system of replying to a thread to get on the buying list creates an awful lot of junk messages for those of us who read TC via email.

Perhaps you could have people email you or PM you here at TC and then just post updates on the number of prints left to encourage people to sign up.

I definitely don't want to discourage artists from posting and selling work here -- I think that is a GREAT thing, especially the idea of pre-selling a run of prints, but a system that cuts down on the number of "add me to the list" emails would be much appreciated!

K

i just had my teeth scraped and got some valuable information regarding flossing and it's importance in tooth care and bone longevity from a very nice hygienist ...this is a fun day!

who and where is Mr Smiley?

DawnTiki and all other here signed Tiki Centralites here by be made aware that should you show greater personal preference to either image you CAN SLIDE from one list to another...but be warned that in doing so you lose your edition's number...that said...let's see the lists!

Tiki Ti

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki
12•Unga Bunga
13•fartsatune
14•SullTiki
15•Rock-A-Tiki
16•aquarj
17•tikitanked
18•weirduncletiki
19•johnnievelour
20•Primo Kimo
21•TikiPug
22•tikifille
23•ikitnrev
24•Monkeyman
25•Suburban Hipster
26•Bamboo Bob
27•martiki6

Tapa

5•Turbogod
6•Suburban Hipster
7•Jax Tiki
8•Bamboo Bob
9•Hot Lava
10•fartsatune

in review...i am miles thompson...i am selling my own prints...my sight will shortly reflect that...thank you all so much for the excitement you are providing...

this all said...MARTY SHERMAN...maybe a name you know from trade shows...2 years ago for the island image show this man made posters from 5 of my island images...should you want some information about cost or availability regarding these specific images you can contact his "gallery"...the lovely

Sherman Gallery
4039 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey CA 90292-5613

310-305-1001

i have made an effort to contact the gallery without getting a response to any of my calls or emails...i can't shed light on the price of one of these beautifully inexpensive examples of my Tiki art though i can tell you that these "posters" are in fact sitting somewhere stockpiled...if you feel misled (as i know i do) then you are fully entitled to opt OUT of this thread's SALE! listing...i'll understand completely...also at this time if you ARE on the list and you ARE Martin "Marty" Sherman ... strike your own name from my listing via email

thanks

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies