Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

PRINTS of the Tiki Ti's new painting!

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies

Yes, thats mr Smily. Miles, I was at tiki ti that night and I was looking for you, but I was looking for you with long hair! like this:

doh!

K

i wore that same shirt to the Ti and you STILL couldn't find me?...thanks for the memories!

in that pic with Mr Smiley...where the HELL is my arm?

S

Miles-
Like I said before, I'm down for a print. Put a bad boy away for us, and keep us updated on future goodies. Good seeing you last night, next time drinks.

P

Yes, add me to the list for a Tiki Ti print as well. Great art for a great place!

T

i guess miles is hoping he won't have to pay for his libations anymore...

miles, you're such a vagabond artiste'!

T

Miles-

I was at the Tiki Ti that night too (with mrsmiley, Robin, Jeff, and others at the front table)! I just called mrsmiley and told him about the picture you posted.

K

sirginn
great to see you last night too...i dig your handle man...thanks for lending me Tapa so i could have t shot onto transparency...and i am SO sorry that it took so long to return to you and C....TNX!

tiki1963...it is most obvious to me that we have never shared drinks together at my bar...and if we did you got SO F'd up you don't recall me dancing a maori flame walking jig on top of your wasted stomped upon head...i always initiate rounds and i NEVER skimp on mike and mike's service gratuity...libations are their biz and i am their client...before i kick i'll have my own drink on the menu and those that opt to buy it will have to chant MY battle cry and pull MY game face while you do MY secret hand shake just to get one served to them ...then they'll have to pay the bar tenders in CLAMS...you don't know me...or do you?

from here on in them that care to join the crowd of people that are already on my print sale list which is still exclusive to those registered here on TIki Central should send me a persoal message...then i'll update this thread every few days to reflect the additional sales until the run is completely sold out.

thanks everyone!

M

kooche
Tiki Centralite SAID

"who and where is Mr Smiley? "

I am Mr. Smiley and I am every where!!!

PS-Not to be a self-promoter or anything , but I am a really famous guy and to have two famous guys shaking hands in the Tiki Ti is a feat that cannot be beat! This photo will become more famous than the one with Elvis shaking hands with President Ford!

Ps-always trust what I say(even if I'm delusional or losing it because I am stuck 200 miles from home broken down on the side of Intersate 5)!

K

you are everywhere indeed Mr S!

you were heading to Torrence the night we met...

and though there is something WRONG about a trek to torrence for me personally...what is wrong with being a self promoter? ZERO! books have been written to legitimize forming and carrying out your own marketing strategies...from one to another you have a serious sense of yourself in fashion...thanks for the PIX...care to see more of you with me from that night? how can you be sure that THAT pic is the famousest one from that moment not having seen them all?

SMILE ON!

M

Miles sed"...what is wrong with being a self promoter? ZERO!
books have been written to legitimize forming and carrying out
your own marketing strategies...from one to another you have a
serious sense of yourself in fashion...thanks for the PIX...care
to see more of you with me from that night? how can you be sure
that THAT pic is the famousest one from that moment not having
seen them all?

SMILE ON!"

The self promoter comment was an obscure reference to a snotty post someone had down in the past.
As one who is very modest, I'll say YES I"D LOVE TO SEE MORE PICTURES!! :)
Wow-could any be better? The smiley mind boggles.

Oh, by the way you and your wife were so darn friendly! Cool!

Ps- another couple walked out of the Tiki Ti with me that night and the guy said that I made their night! I didn't ask him if I made it good or bad! :)

Everybody knows MrSmiley is the sexiest pseudo-German to be found in a tiki bar anywhere!!! :)

Got any rear shots of your famous subject, Miles? Those lederhosen do wonder for...er, um, excuse me.

friendly tikivixen

M

vintage girl (my NEW gal) has the rear shots--sorry "charlie"!

Ps- inside Oktoberfist joke! If you weren't there all you goons TOO BAD!!!

T

kooche..

whoa....calm down there, thrifty. i'm josh'n you.

its me..yer pal and fellow drunkard, jordan.

sheesh...ya bastid!

M

Now that I have your interest, Mr Smiley was of course joking about Vintage Girl and him being a couple-hence I said it was an inside joke :).
Because I know you all are hanging on my every word, here's the story. Last saturday some of us went to Oktoberfest in Torrance. Vintage Girl and I were dressed in German clothing (she in a Drndl and me in my Lederhosen). There was a short guy also wearing lederhosen who was a bit of a character-he said he was the Official Oktoberfest Dance Instructor and had a laminated sign that he made so proclaming the same! He saw V.Girl and I together and assumed (as many did) that we were a couple. At one point he even asked me if I wouldn't mind if he could dance with her. Instantly, Charles (Vintage girls REAL other half-and inspiration on the "sorry charlie" comment)and I said "yes" at the same time. He and I looked at each other and chuckled.
So there you all have, know your lives are fulfilled because I let you all in on the Oktoberfest inside joke! Maybe Marsha will post her pictures soon-I'd love to see them again.

T

hey Smiley...

i was there with some friends on Friday nite. we rented a limo and about ten of us got sh*tfaced!

limo + Octoberfest = unleash the hounds!

after our bellies were swelling with weenies and bier, we high-tailed it over to the Red Lion for schnaps nite-caps. had a great time...not a good next day though!

M

i can believe you were hating the next day!
You could have used some of DR. Z' hangover preventer!

S
SES posted on Mon, Oct 20, 2003 8:14 PM

On 2003-10-20 18:18, kooche wrote:
what is wrong with being a self promoter? ZERO! books have been written to legitimize forming and carrying out your own marketing strategies...

Got to toot your own horn! Nothing wrong with it at all.
:wink:

K

tiki1963 JORDAN...or THRIFTY? or artiste vagabond? or JR?

i hear you scored from the mouse....dish to us all about your TIKIROOM RELICS...

call tim walker back yet? the man has COINS....more than one...like 5 for the right piece...but whatever...

say,rawr....headbutt!

i stepped out of WB today and ran STRAIGHT into the Tiki Ti in the parking lot..."hi mike" he had to honk at me twice because i didn't recognize him out of a cave lit by glowing worms,alcohol and reggae...victoria and his mom and sister were headed to a movie with him or something i guess...

meeting you all and hearing MOST of the feedback has been great...i am going to have to get my web page loaded with this info ASAP...that will be reflected when i get back from my weekend in TAOS (7 yr annuversary) 2 weeks from now when i start to recieve the finished prints...

regarding future print purchases ...

please contact me via email at

[email protected]

aloha and mahalo

l

K

Miles,

Please put me on the list for both prints if they are not sold out.

Thx,

Scotty

"Posted by SES on 2003-10-20 20:14

Got to toot your own horn! Nothing wrong with it at all.
:wink:"

---Well, as a single guy I toot my horn too often---OOOPS!! Too much info again-drats!!!

S
SES posted on Tue, Oct 21, 2003 4:46 PM

On 2003-10-21 11:01, mrsmiley wrote:
---Well, as a single guy I toot my horn too often---OOOPS!! Too much info again-drats!!!

Hah! I didn't mean THAT horn!
ps... I keep reading your sig as mrs smiley!

S

Please add me to the Tapa list too.

Thanks!

Tapa me too brah.
(Please add me to the list of those to recieve your lovely Tapa print)

E

Miles...I admire your work, but it is your happy little dolphin that I love with a passion. He owns a little piece of my heart...

[ Edited by: exoticat on 2003-10-22 19:51 ]

M

[ Edited by: MauiTiki on 2003-10-22 21:23 ]

V

This painting is so cool...
I've visited the tiki ti and i must say this is my favorite bar. The cocktails are so good.
I want one too, pleazzzzz.

V

I meant the tiki ti one...if it could be sent to France... please, please i love it.
If the tiki ti is sold out, put me on the tapa list.

omg! I gotta scour the boards at 4:17am more often - Miles, please put me down for the Tiki Ti print if I'm not too late! Wow man!
Holden

On 2003-10-20 11:43, kooche wrote:
this all said...MARTY SHERMAN...maybe a name you know from trade shows...2 years ago for the island image show this man made posters from 5 of my island images...should you want some information about cost or availability regarding these specific images you can contact his "gallery"...the lovely

Sherman Gallery
4039 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey CA 90292-5613

310-305-1001

i have made an effort to contact the gallery without getting a response to any of my calls or emails...i can't shed light on the price of one of these beautifully inexpensive examples of my Tiki art though i can tell you that these "posters" are in fact sitting somewhere stockpiled..

While cruising the beautiful beaches of Venice and Marina delRey, I stopped by the Sherman Gallery and they do indeed have a few pieces left. Seemed like a couple of each. Beautifullly printed and I believe they're asking for $150 each. Get 'em while they're hot!

-Weird Unc

C

To add to Weird Unc's post, I just spoke with Andy at Sherman Gallery and he describe the prints he has in stock and I'm pretty sure these are the prints, he doesn't have names for them:

Maori

Breezy

Ukelele

Hula

Just the middle section of this one, maybe the tiki but not the canoe. Forgive me I was writing as fast as I could:
Aloha

There's another he described as a living room scene with a chaise lounge and record player. I didn't find it.

Andy then went on to tell me that Jeff Dion at Dion Gallery in Redondo Beach has a few. Jeff described this framed and unframed:

Nite

as well as the hula girl with 2 tikis shown above.

Dion Gallery (310) 375-3672

Lisa Lisa

Rats, must change to URLs. Here goes.

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-10-23 16:05 ]

[ Edited by: Cultjam on 2003-10-23 16:07 ]

K

that last image was never made into a print...so it can't be that one....i think i painted that for my show in dallas some time later...but opted NOT to take it to sell it as i wasn't kookookrazy for after finishing it...

M

Hey Miles,

I've been out of town and away from the computer for 2 weeks so I hope I didn't miss this. That Tiki Ti painting is awesome! Please put me down for one of the prints of that image. Great work!

By the way, I'm the one that you corresponded with awhile back about the "Island Images" boxed portfolio. Thanks for the insight into that incredible set.

For anyone who is a fan of Miles' art...if you can get your hands on one of the portfolios, definitely buy it. It is extremely limited and contains 10 beautifully printed island/tiki/hula images. I think the edition was only 25. I stumbled upon it at a small gallery in San Diego a few months ago and immediately snatched it up.

Here's what is in it:

ModMana :drink:

S
SES posted on Sat, Oct 25, 2003 2:42 AM

WOW! What a lucky find that was.
Looks great!

Hi Miles. Could you please put me down for the Tapa print. I really like it.

I believe that the print at Dion that CultJam is referring to is this one:

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com/GALLERY/HTML/TIKILAND.html

I saw this at Dion Gallery about a month ago. It's called Tikiland and it has the lounge chair and record player. Pretty cool print and it's framed very nicely (If Dion still has it).

T

Trying to get caught up with TC posts after being away for a couple of weeks...

One question about the Tiki Ti print:

Is that Bamboo Ben in the lower right corner?
:)

If I'm lucky enough to have this print still be available, slap my name down on the list.
thanks

Hi Kooche,
Any date set for when the transaction ($) will take place.

hey, i'm very interested in the print. please let me know if it will happen. #1 please!

S
SES posted on Sun, Nov 2, 2003 1:44 PM

On 2003-10-30 06:19, Unga Bunga wrote:
Hi Kooche,
Any date set for when the transaction ($) will take place.

He posted 10/21 that the prints would be done about 2weeks from that point so I'm guessing probably not before next week if everything runs smooth. He also mentioned he's taking an anniversary trip.

K

on the print front...i have been contacted by the printer and am waiting to see a proof for both images which should happen this week early...then we stand to see if they need revisions/color correcting etc...i am allowed 3 revisions...so...let's make sure we get it right...also i am trying to get all this 411 organized for my site...this way i can deal straight through the internet on a secure server for those that opt to pay via credit card...we'll see though...it may not ever happen that way...

as for the night that the prints will be available @ the tiki ti and the original is hung on their wall i need to see what is what with them...and my framer...hopefully the frame is almost done...since i left for new mexico on my anniversary trip i haven't heard from my guy...

thanks again for your patience and interest all!

Miles

Kooche, I called you, but didn't know y'all was out of town. Frame is game.

K
kooche posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2003 6:01 PM

hey all!

i have the first round of proofs for both images here with me and i must say that they are looking good!!! seeing the images BIGGER than they are painted is always COOL!

NOW

the frame is carved...the original is back in my hands......i need to marry the two together...then the only thing that is missing is the actual date and time for the inaugural sale/painting hanging/drinking ceremony at the tiki ti itself...so i'll be popping in on Mike and Mike tomorrow night with proofs in hand prepared to find out when (before they close for a bit on NOV 23rd....) we can all get together for a night of CRAZY print customizing...i'm thinking maybe next week sometime???...i would love to sign prints there and would warn that the earlier you get there the better...this way you'll get one of the prints available for cash and carry...(the number of prints to be made available that night is still unkown...more 411 to follow...) if you DO decide to get a print that night... wait until i have had at least a few chichis before you approach me to scribble something personal on your copy of the piece...this way you'll get a MUCH better drawing out of me! i'll be there until closing at which time i'll walk home SLOWLY but smiling!

note these 9 proofs will be customized with some additional painting before that night and will be for sale there...first come first serve!

when i know more...so will you!

ALOHA & MAHALO friends

S
SES posted on Tue, Nov 4, 2003 8:54 PM

Ummm... I'm on the East Coast about 3,000 miles away. Doesn't look like I'm going to get over there to attend the opening event/signing. Is this the only way for us to get our copy?

V
virani posted on Wed, Nov 5, 2003 1:41 AM

And what about the old continent ??

K
kooche posted on Thu, Nov 6, 2003 6:27 PM

it is official!
when?

the original will be hung at the Tiki Ti on Thursday November the 20th and from the time the bar opens until it closes i'll be there with all 50 tiki ti prints in hand...that is to say...those that are unspoken for will be peddled then and there...(i'll also have around five Tapa prints with me) ...those across the pond or elsewhere that have requested a print will have to pay a little bit more for shipping and handling...until i know what it costs to ship domestic and internationally i can't shed light on that issue though i am sure it won't be too much($10?)...a tube of paper doesn't weigh too much.

hopefully Mike will let me kick the tunes through my ipod that night...if so...we are in for a delightful evening of INCREDIBLE elixirs and mystical mixed rhythms from islands that nobody ever returns from and enchanting string arrangements from the school of slack key slide boxes and falsetto crooning...

here is the updated list

6•Humuhumu
7•bongofury
8•DawnTiki
9•SES
10•hanford_lemoore
11•Kreaky Tiki
12•Unga Bunga
13•fartsatune
14•SullTiki
15•Rock-A-Tiki
16•aquarj
17•tikitanked
18•weirduncletiki
19•johnnievelour
20•Primo Kimo
21•TikiPug
22•tikifille
23•ikitnrev
24•Monkeyman
25•Suburban Hipster
26•Bamboo Bob
27•martiki6
28•PiPhiRho
29•Scotty
30•virani
31•smogbreather
32•ModMana
33•tikifetish
34•poopoo_platter

Tapa

5•Turbogod
6•Suburban Hipster
7•Jax Tiki
8•Bamboo Bob
9•Hot Lava
10•fartsatune
11•Scotty
12•Primo Kimo
13•El Boracho

ALOHA and thanks for your patience and patronage everyone!

D

Hi Miles,
Can you please add me on your list for the Tiki Ti's print..
Thanks!

[ Edited by: Dinkydog on 2003-11-06 22:43 ]

Miles, I dig the painting, and have perfected the chi-chi.......we will talk at the ti, but only if you get there early. have not seen you in ages!.Erich

Ok, its so hard to decide! Please mark me down for the tapa print if possible. I'll be at the Tiki Ti on the 20th!!! thanks, Gina

[ Edited by: coconutkiss on 2003-11-07 14:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 136 replies