Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hawaiian Inn: Who's In?: post here

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies

On 2004-01-13 18:57, Tiki Bree wrote:
It's my understanding that we're just going to Julian's for a cocktail to enjoy it's retro decor (a must see)......then we'll promptly return to the H.I. for dinner.
It would be nice to actually leave the H.I. at 5 so we have enough time to squeeze it all in...so, could we meet in the lobby at 4.45pm-ish?

Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification!

Sounds great.

FYI, here's a direct link to the Luau Dinner Show website, including the menu - looks yummy!

http://teauilashawaii.com/

On 2004-01-13 15:10, tweedtone wrote:
So ... not everyone is going to dinner at Julian's ...?

If you have never been, you should have a cocktail experience at Julian's. It is a marvelous building and nice vintage atmosphere. Plus, Bre-elle is a great tour guide. Marian and I plan on hanging in the Hawaiian Inn bar so we can greet any late comers.
Whether you stay with us or go to Julian's is cool.
Hang Loose!
KG

[ Edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-01-14 18:42 ]

[ Edited by: kailuageoff on 2004-01-14 18:48 ]

Me and the wahine will either be hanging poolside or at the bar, most likely the bar!

J
JTD posted on Wed, Jan 14, 2004 3:05 PM

Flounder,
You can have it all. There is a poolside bar (if memory serves). See ya there.

-JTD

TB

Hey all you hepcats!!! I am so excited!!!
The meteorologists are predicting fabulous weather, highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's!!! Of course we'll have our precious Fla. humidity, it wouldn't be Florida without it, but we won't be nearly as chilly as last year's gathering. Yea!!!!
Since I'm having to work Saturdays 'till 1:30 these days, I'll be arriving probably just in time to collect everyone who's trekking to Julian's. We can fit a few bodies in "Starr"(my CRV), so if you want to ride with us let me know........
cant wait................55 hours to go!!!

H

Hey there, Bree! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. It's going to be great. If you've got room in your tikimobile for me, I'd love to join the gang for Julian's.

Hey Geoff -- just to be safe, I wanted to make sure that you saw that they wouldn't take my name or headcount for the show at Hawaiian Inn... am I going to be okay? Let me know if I need to call them again.

See you soon!

On 2004-01-15 20:16, Humuhumu wrote:
Hey there, Bree! I can't wait to see you on Saturday. It's going to be great. If you've got room in your tikimobile for me, I'd love to join the gang for Julian's.
quote]

Of course, gorgeous, "Starr" would be honored to transport you to Julian's. I wish I could meet up with you earlier, but as you've probably read, I have to work
on Saturday. Poo!!!
You're going to see me in the same dress I wore to Exotica/Kona Kai, boy is my face red! This is only the 2nd time I'm wearing it, honest!!!!

Sorry, but you can't get into the show if you are from California... In fact, they'll probably stop you at the airport.

I'll call Wayne today and make sure you are all set. I'm sure he has just set aside a long table or two and figures he has enough chairs for all of us. I've never seen the show sell out, so no worries.

It looks like we have about 20-25 in our group, if you need a seat and didn't call yet it shouldn't be a problem -- so just show up.

The bar will open a half hour early for us at 5. Heck, that's less than 24 hours from now!!!! And, they'll stay open as long as we want to hang out after the show.

Also, after the show Wayne is going to take questions from us about the history of Teauila's Hawaii and what he knows about the Hawaiian Inn, so bring your questions.
Aloha until tomorrow,
KG

Aloha from the Sunshine State!

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-01-16 15:08 ]

H

I'm making my final preparations before I leave for the airport -- my flight gets in to Orlando at 6something a.m., so I'll get to the hotel probably by 9, and I'll kill time by sleeping, shopping and/or relaxing poolside (read: drinking), if anyone else is also trying to kill time, give me a holler on my cell: 206-349-1362. Otherwise, I'll see you in the lobby at about 4:45.

Well, the car is loaded, got the liquor, the umbrellas, the limes, mint and music ready to go. I'll be leaving around 5 or so tomorrow, and should be in sometime mid morning. If anyone is looking for me, I'll have my cellphone with me, 954-483-8014. Cheers, and I look forward to having a great time with everyone!

Okay, wait a minute...when is Humu coming through the KTPR here?

S

In case any of you lucky folks are checking in over the weekend, I put up a few Daytona Beach locales you might want be sure you see (and get better pictures of!)

See this thread- https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7247&forum=1

Mahalo to all who came to the Hawaiian last weekend. Marian and I had a great time meeting everyone and hanging out with you. Special thanks to Pablus & CyberTiki for setting up and hosting the hospitality room. If anyone took pics, we would love to see them.
Aloha,
KG

Pages: 1 2 3 109 replies