Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

whale of a mess

Pages: 1 12 replies

S
SES posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 6:10 PM

This is so gross it's hysterical.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4096586/

J

that is good!!! Many years ago a whale washed up on I believe Pismo Beach. They didn't know how to get rid of is. It sat for a while and got really ripe. They decided they had to do something about it. Problem was they had to cut it up. The local genius suggested explosives. Everyone thought that was a cool idea, and would make for great entertainment. The explosives went off as planned and showered large chunks of putrid whale carcass on the local towns people gathered for the spectacle. I think some clips of it or photos are on the internet somewhere

It is suggested that the recent shark infestation at San Onogre is the result of a whale buried on the beach a while back, it emits a plume of odor into the ocean

[ Edited by: jonboy on 2004-01-29 18:37 ]

R
Rain posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 6:38 PM

i've seen a video clip of that. it's not as graphic as the photo with the story on yahoo, though.

Dat's a lotta sushi...

R
Rain posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 7:29 PM

man, you just HAD to say the s-word.
and it's too late to get any 'round here.

Ok - I must show my state pride - the exploding whale happened in Oregon. The army corps of engineers decided it would be an efficient manner to dispose of the carcass. The very very best is the clip with the newsman covering the story and suddenly these chunks of gory blubber come raining down (SPLOT! SPLAP! SPLITCH!)... A classic.

What's this all about then??
"More than 100 Tainan city residents, mostly men, have reportedly gone to see the corpse to 'experience' the size of its penis," the newspaper reported.

How exactly does one "experience" this?

8T

Well we don't have whales here and I've never been on the ocean to see any either but if all parts of the whale are proportionate, I don't think I'd want to go anywhere near that "experience" !

On 2004-01-29 22:49, 8FT Tiki wrote:
Well we don't have whales here and I've never been on the ocean to see any either but if all parts of the whale are proportionate, I don't think I'd want to go anywhere near that "experience" !

This coming from a guy named 8Ft Tiki!! (or are you a gal?)

More about the Oregon exploding whale, including a link to the news footage:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/disposal/whale.htm

On 2004-01-29 22:30, Turbogod wrote:
the size of its penis," the newspaper reported.

Melville states in chapter XCV of "Moby Dick" (He He):

"Had you stepped on board the Pequod at a certain juncture of this post-mortemizing of the whale... pretty sure am I that you would have scanned with no small curiosity a very strange, enigmatical object, which you would have seen there...(an) unaccountable cone, - longer than a Kentuckian is tall, nigh a foot in diameter at the base, and jet-black as Yojo, the ebony idol of Queequeg."

It kind of reminds me of the restaurant scene in "Monty Python's Meaning of Life"

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/life/vi-creo2.jpg

You can guess what happens next...

Yes, Florence, OR. I have the footage on a video tape somewhere. Along with the raining bits of blubber, a large chunk crushed a car roof. Nice!

Pages: 1 12 replies